how did you lose the back fat?

Options
124»

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Ok folks I am really tired maybe the OP can find some thing useful out of all that to help answer her questions.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    the back is the last place anyone loses body fat.. to have a lean back is more impressive than a six pack for that reason.
    It was one of the first places I lost.
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    *eye twitch*
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've always been told that cardio is the key to losing fat. I've recently picked up jogging, I think I'm about to add the strength back in, I have back fat as well and I want a sexy back.

ugh weight loss deit is KEY to losing fat. All cardio does is help you burn more calories and will maximise the amount you lose as fat rather than tissue

If you work out but eat a surplus of calories you can do all the cardio you want but you will still gain weight.

Ok so I've eaten a calorie deficient diet for 2 year's, so I should not have back fat? I have back fat, I've lost 116lbs but still have back fat and stomach fat. I've gone from 250lbs to 134lbs, but I still have back fat and stomach fat, those are my 2 problem areas. I'm nearly at a point where I don't want to "Lose" anymore weight, just tighten crap up, so I don't think it's all about diet, working out does play a role in that.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    I think we can all agree that Shock Wave isn't the expert here, and that he/she doesn't really know much about building muscle and weight loss.
    Weight lifting does, in fact, increase lean muscle which will improve your overall metabolic rate. Cardio helps increase the number of calories you in your daily deficit. So, if you have a deficit of 500kcal in diet alone, you can lose up to 1 lb per week. However, as you get smaller, you need to eat less, so it gets harder and harder to create that 500kcal deficit and you would be unable to maintain this. Therefore, increasing your metabolic rate with lean muscle will help, but you also need cardiovascular exercise to increase the amount of calories you burn each date and increase your caloric deficit. It's simple science, burn more than your body takes in and you will lose weight. Just remember, though, that you shouldn't drop below the 1200kcal a day, even as you get smaller.
    Winning by Losing has the formula you need to determine your active metabolic rate and can explain really well. You just have to keep refiguring your AMR as you get smaller, to know your caloric range. Especially as you get close to your goal weight and are entering a maintenance phase. Good luck. Don't let all the misinformation confuse you. Keep doing your resistance training, weight training, and cardio exercise. Stick with your reduced caloric intake and you will see results!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    the back is the last place anyone loses body fat.. to have a lean back is more impressive than a six pack for that reason.

Well, my back is leaner than my belly, and I definitely had a back roll. So...I guess not always.

for men it is atleast.. same with the back of the triceps and the glutes.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Well, my back is leaner than my belly, and I definitely had a back roll. So...I guess not always.

Until just a few years ago my back was perfectly lean but I always had a problem with my stomach. I think some areas are harder on others depending on the person.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    oh i know you cant spot reduce, i probably should have said that hahaha. and ive been losing slowly but the only time they arent there is first thing in the morning. they tend to sneak in over the day..

is there anything i can do to boost up muscle under it?

You sound like me wrt the midsection. I carry most of my fat around my middle, back and front. I want it all gone, but if a fairy godmother came to me right now and said she would remove the excess fat from just one area, i would choose the back. I can camouflage my stomach by sucking it in, but I can't hide the jelly rolls on my back and it's t-shirt/tank top season.

Mine also are almost "gone" in the morning and then fill back up during the day. I know it's water weight, but I want to get to the point where they are not there no matter the time of day. I am losing fat and know that my middle will be the last thing to go. Knowing it doesn't make me anymore accepting of it or patient, though. :)
  • LFiestan
    LFiestan Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump! im soo concerned with my backfat, i hate it
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I just kept dieting, until it went away, it s as simple as that, no other way to sugar coat it!