• brightpink
    brightpink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    B U M P

Joined a Fitness Club on June 1st! :bigsmile:
  • long4theocean
    long4theocean Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think this is just what I need for the month of June. May was a very slow month for me as I was traveling for 2 weeks of the month and then just could not get back on track when I returned. Doing better this last week and ready to hit it hard for June.

**JUNE GOALS**

Water * Water * Water
    Plan ahead for meals
    Workout at least 4 days per week
    Lose 10 lbs this month
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi All.....May was a pretty good month, I met some goals and exceeded others. I started and have maintained my lifting heavy strength training,,,,whodda thought I'd be squatting a150 lbs. I finished the Chase corporate challenge (3.5 mile run/walk) in 36.25!
    Sailing season started, took 2nd place our first night out...this week the weather won...no race. I've upped my calories for the 2nd time..keeping my fingers crossed that it will help the scale keep a downward motion. I finally broke the 150 barrier !! Wooot woot !!
    So for June....hmmm...this perhaps is going to be the most difficult. People say I've become possessed, obsessed, whatever with my weight. So I'm going to try to stay off the scale. Spend less time on MFP. Keep logging my food and keep up with all my exercise goals. I'd LOVE to get to goal this month....but that scale moves soooooo slow, and I have doubts that I'll be happy there. So perhaps this would be a good time to start my tummy tuck fund...lol

So happy to see all the motivation here, alot of great goals were met and some great challenges ahead in June.
    I 'm hoping everyone that is facing difficult times find the strength to ride through them and come out smiling. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My Dad had a heart attack this morning. He is 80, Has a defibrillator, he had 4 attacks in 4 months but one yesterday so the Dr said if he has another to send him to the hospital, sure enough he had one this morning. So spending most of my day with him. Was at the hospital at 3:30 home to regroup. Ate a healthy breakfast also.

I am in the moment one day at a time.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Kathy (plantlady)
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    My Dad had a heart attack this morning. He is 80, Has a defibrillator, he had 4 attacks in 4 months but one yesterday so the Dr said if he has another to send him to the hospital, sure enough he had one this morning. So spending most of my day with him. Was at the hospital at 3:30 home to regroup. Ate a healthy breakfast also.

Kathy (plantlady)

Kathy - I am so sorry! You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Mary
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Saturday, happy weekend to all.

Kathy, I'm so very sorry to hear about your dad! Being in the moment one day at a time is such a great attitude. Bless your heart. :heart:

Doglove, welcome. That's funny what you wrote about giving donations to WW over the years, lol. The best advice I can give is to be faithful and truthful about logging your foods, staying under in calories, drinking lots of water and exercising daily. The other thing that works really well and is a terrific benefit of MFP is to pre-log your meals for the day. Allowing yourself some "fun" foods on occasion is fine, but learning how to feed ourselves properly is the key to success. I've tried like heck to follow the "rules" that I read once in a book...undereat for 5 days, then allow yourself to eat normally, within reason, for the other 2. I've found out what hungry feels like, that's for sure. And I don't like it, but when those hunger pangs come I chant "I'm burning fat, I'm burning fat." :wink: And boy oh boy, does food ever taste better when I'm hungry! :bigsmile:

There are so many things we've all read about how to get the pounds off. Some say never let yourself get hungry, eating small meals several times a day. Others say don't eat until you are truly hungry, when your body has used up all the fuel from a previous meal. I've tried both ways, and have found that if I eat too often then I end up eating too much and never stop thinking about food. :grumble:

I'm curious to know what everyone thinks about that. Hungry or not hungry? That is the question. :glasses:

Welcome to all the new posters as well. :flowerforyou: Fun place to be, lots of great reading here, all such wonderful ladies.

SWSY routine went well yesterday. I added 3 planks, holding the pose 10 seconds. I'm using 4.5 lb weights now, and did 3 sets of 12 push-ups. After the routine I did about 10 minutes of yoga and another 10 of the maintenance exercises from Pete Egoscue's "Pain Free" book. His emphasis is on keeping a proper alignment of the musculoskeletal system. I used the book for 5 months at the beginning of last year when I was experiencing a dehibilitating pinched sciatic nerve. Voila! Pain's all gone.

Well I'd better get off my duff. It's not raining at the moment and a few laps around the track wouldn't be a bad idea. Will be gardening today, weather permitting. Trying to give my mind a break from stress and just enjoy the day. Everyone be good, and have a fun time whatever your plans are. :happy:

Cheers! :drinker:
    jb

Lost 3 lbs in May
    Need to lose another 2 to reach 65 goal.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hi barbiecat!!

I did meet my goal for May and lost the 5 lbs!!!

June goals:

water, water, water
    fruits and veggies
    Curves 3-4 x per week
    walking at least 30 min everyday

Good luck to us all!!! We can do this and I am always up for more friends if someone needs support etc!! HUGS
  • chrisfarmer53
    Options
    First week really trying. Stopped smoking Jan 7th now need to get rid of the weight. Not exercised properly for 7 years next week going to a zumba class goal for June 6lbs
    :yawn:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    Options

Kathy (plantlady)

My prayers are going up for your dad and all of your family. Please keep us posted. I think that living for the moment now is a good thing just take it slow and know that we are all here for you.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    Options
    First week really trying. Stopped smoking Jan 7th now need to get rid of the weight. Not exercised properly for 7 years next week going to a zumba class goal for June 6lbs
    :yawn:

You can do this!!! We are all here for you!!! Keep the faith and do what you can.

Hugs
    Bev
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this group it looks good . I'm 55 and doing Ok so far although like everyone else I have my off days. Look forward to getting to know some of you on here :)

Goals for June are: drinking 8 glasses of water very day
    Doing more exercise. I do it but its hard sometimes as my daughter and her 2 year old daughter live with me.
    Do more strength training to tone up as I go along
    Try and lose at least 4 pounds by the end of June
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy JUNE, Dear Ladies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Can't believe May came and went by SOOOOOOO fast! I did well the first part of the month, but ended the month rather sloppily! SO...

JUNE GOALS:

MOVE more, not just on my regular walk but throughout the day. (When it gets hot & humid...this becomes a struggle for me)

CHALLENGE EXERCISES: Get them done EACH day along with PLANK Challenge, a few yoga stretches & continue to add at least ONE day a week of 30 Day Shred DVD.

LOG ALL MY FOOD EACH DAY!!! I have gotten sloppy with this the past week:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

COUNT MY Blessing EVERY day...and I count each of you in this list:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kathy: I am SO sorry to hear about your Dad and your son's issues. Taking care of yourself is the best way to handle both of these, and I am proud of you for coming here when times are tough. Take care and check in often:flowerforyou:

Michele: You did ALL 3 Levels of 30 day SHRED??? You rock, Girl!!!

Nancy: I am so happy to hear about your "walking"! I can read the joy in your post!

Kat: I have been having the same "stress eating" evening recently...at least you stayed under!

Laura: I hope your very clean carpet is ok!!! We all have those "incidents" from time to time!!!

Chrisfarmer: WTG on quitting smoking! That is awesome:-)

Robin: You are HERE so you are not a LOSER! You are our friend and we are here for you:flowerforyou: All of us go through the "down" times...just keep coming back and you'll be fine. Take care:flowerforyou:

Jb: WTG on your loss! You are AMOST there and you have done SOOOOOOOOOOO well. I'm impressed:flowerforyou:

New Members: WELCOME to a great place for friendship and support! Hope to see you here often:flowerforyou:

I am determined to plan my food AHEAD of time today for a change, so that I can stay on track better than the previous week So I am off to do just that. Have a great day everyone:flowerforyou:
    :heart: Kackie
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    My name is Sue, I will turn 50 in 5 weeks but would love the chance to participate in this group. I read every post and love the support that all of the ladies offer one another. I started on MFP sometime in January just looking for ideas on how to become healthy. I had lost 8 pounds by the 20th of February when I had a huge health scare and almost died. I was in the hospital for a week and upon release I was put on a heart healthy low sodium diet. I also am very restricted on exercise right now because of large blood clots in my lungs and one that is still in my left leg. I have never been one that takes any sort of medication for anything, not even a headache. Now I am on blood thinners for life (found out that I have a blood disorder), blood pressure meds for AFib, baby aspirin and prilosec. I have done well losing 36 pounds since getting out of the hospital. I am allowed to walk in the house and have found a way to get my limit of steps in each day by walking in a big circle around the inside of the house for up to 40 minutes a day. I am very short of breath and have to take breaks, but I try! I am not used to being like this at all. I had moved into my current home last August and had taken up walking and was loving it. I was able to push a double stroller with my grandbabies in it and walk at least 2 miles a day. Now nothing. Would love to have friends from this group.

June goals:
    Log-in everyday
    1200 calories
    Walk 20 minutes
    Drink more water
    Lose 15 pounds
  • galilanee26
    galilanee26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

My goals for June:
    1. Log into MFP everyday and log my food.
    2. Make time for consistent exercise and start building it into my MFP journey.
    3 Less time at the computer, more time outside.

I'm sure I'll think of more along the way!

Good luck, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, oh dear, it’s raining. Dumping. Pouring cats and dogs, as they say. I’m sure it’s making the farmers & orchardists in the valley happy, but it’s not pleasant for the folks who signed up for the first Creston & District mini-triathlon.:grumble: On the other hand, perhaps they don’t notice, once they get going.

This weekend is also “Relay for Life” which is a nation wide fundraiser for cancer research. The track around the soccer field at the rec center is set up with decorations and businesses have tents and the like around. Folks get sponsors to fund them for the number of times they walk/run the track. There’s entertainment too – DH & choir will be out there singing in the rain this afternoon. I will hobble a bit for the cause, and in honour of my Dad and BIL who are survivors. :drinker:

Such excitement in a small town, all on one day – tonight is another fundraiser for the local arts council. We get to go because DH is singing at this one too, and tickets are complimentary. A fancy formal dinner – I will paint the toenails on my good foot in honour of the occasion! :wink:

A note, a confession in fact.:blushing: Yesterday I took J’boy to the orthodontist in the next town west. There’s a lovely lingerie shop there. I bought four (4!) new bras. I keep shrinking! Since August last I’ve replaced my sports bras three times but I have not got any “nice ones” that fit. So… it was an investment in lace, underwire, and little black bows that I am really, (privately) enjoying!

Judy, I will join you in the “pint of water” every morning. This is Canada, though, so it will be a liter. I gather Qi Gong is like Tai Chi. Can you tell me more?

Doglove28 – just check in here every day, you’ll find lots of good ideas & support.

Jeannie, take care of yourself while you are taking care of your Mom. :flowerforyou:

Sally – so sorry to hear about your knee: ice, elevate, stretch…

Jen, kettlebells are fun. :noway: Really.

Mary, will you be able to post while you are on your trip? I am looking forward to Alaska Highway stories.

Kathy, plantlady, thinking of you and your Dad.

Kackie, I love the picture of you & your grand daughter. I can imagine her looking at herself in the computer.

Nancy

Goals for June:
    At least 4 aqua fit classes - something new to shake up the routine.
    24 hours of exercise including weight training
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    Act the way I want to feel. Be kind.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    OK, for the record, one more story.

Talking to DH the other night, I was bragging a bit and teasing him a little to find out what he would say.

"Should I keep loosing weight?" I asked.

"Yes" he said.

"Why?" I asked? (Now, that's a question a man's got to consider very carefully, wouldn't you say?)

"Because it's making you happy!" he answered.

Have I got a good man, or what? :love:
  • carefulkate
    carefulkate Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well I qualify as I am going to turn 60 next year and i am going to be back to a better weight for me by then! Find that being honest with myself is the way for me so doing my diary daily really helps my biggest weakness it motivating myself to exercise My dog helps but my OH walks him daily while I am at work to great excuse not to when I get home this last week was much better and surprise surprise lost 3lbs
    My goal for June is to keep going off to USA at end of June so want to try to get another couple of pounds off by then
    Good luck everyone
    xxx:love::laugh:
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, but so far I love it. My goals for June are:

Drink more water and try to stay away from the artificial sweetened drinks.
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day (sometime more)
    Attend weekly Weight Watcher meetings
    Track every bite of food that I put in my mouth
  • Mary831331
    Mary831331 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So is this a group that is being started? I think it would be a great idea to have a group like this.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Dieting is obviously on my mind: I was dreaming that someone had come over to my house to sell me some personalized diet and fitness plan. I finally figured out her speel was based on someone else's personal information, whose name was similar to mine. I got so mad in my dream that I ordered her out of my house. My husband looked at me as if saying: wow, that was a strong stand. Still all in my dream.:ohwell: :ohwell:

Perhaps the message is, what works for one, may not work for another. And finding out that "personalized" plans are not necessarily that. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (and likely cost a lot of money to boot.)

What works for you?

:heart: RebelRenny :heart:

p.s. and thank you so very much for all the recent encouraging words!!