Replies

• Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    haters.gif
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    People like to hate things that make them feel self-conscious or insecure.

I feel insecure next to bigger women sometimes, because they don't get called "sir" like I do!! I feel even more boyish next to them. But I don't hate them for that. Nor would I ever bash them.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    here we go again :laugh: :laugh:
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 10-14. Depends on the pants. I strive to be in single digit pants. And to pull off a bikini with grace. But, I've had 2 kids & obesity runs in the family. I'm trying to stop that Marathon. I do not want to be this size, most guys are like OMG YOUR SEXY I LOVE YOUR CURVES, but guess what, I like my curves too, but not when I want to be healthy. Or I get that dumb chub rub ( See 1200 Calories!? for "Chub Rub" description)
    I don't like my love handles, or my baby belly shelf. Meh...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar earlier today. I think people who are not truly secure in their own skin will bash others in an attempt to make themselves feel better. just my opinion....

Exactly! It's like bullying.
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No hatin here! I don't like being criticized for being big, I definitely wouldn't criticize someone else for being small. Kind of hypocritical when people do that!
  • brandiemhgc
    Options
    Who cares what others think or post. If you don't like it, don't read it. Not everyone we encounter will be happy and no matter where you go, there will always be complainers. Sometimes people need to vent. I have had bad experiences with eating in front of someone thin. I have actually heard, well, like she needs to eat that. What they don't know is I suffer from a multitude of chronic illnesses. I was on some medications that put weight on me by the day. No joke. And I know that thin people have the same problem, like "she should eat more". It goes both ways. If you healthy and, If you are happy with what size you are that is all that matters. For those of us who aren't, we are here for a common goal. To change that. We need to love the skin we are in. AND stop judging others. Smile and be healthy.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't hate anyone for being a size 2, but it hurts when you tell me that I'm "gross" at a size 12. We're all just different, different heights, weights, sizes, shapes, and preferences but we're all beautiful and worthy of the love from people who accept us as we are because even at a size 6 model of perfection, we have flaws...maybe just not visible ones.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    It ain't just against the ladies.

A really sad thing some of you are going to find out. MFP is an amazing site for support and encouragement as you struggle to reach your goals. Once you hit those goals however there's a target on your head and no shortage of people who want to tear you down. It comes from a small and petty group of people who feel no shame in making themselves feel better about where they're at by attacking those who have worked hard to achieve what they're after.

:flowerforyou:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    People like to hate things that make them feel self-conscious or insecure.

I feel insecure next to bigger women sometimes, because they don't get called "sir" like I do!! I feel even more boyish next to them. But I don't hate them for that. Nor would I ever bash them.
    Not all people, obviously. It's very childish, petty and spiteful.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I don't hate anyone for being a size 2, but it hurts when you tell me that I'm "gross" at a size 12. We're all just different, different heights, weights, sizes, shapes, and preferences but we're all beautiful and worthy of the love from people who accept us as we are because even at a size 6 model of perfection, we have flaws...maybe just not visible ones.

Well whoever said you're "gross" is a s hitbird.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

that is AWFUL! I'm sorry someone would say that to you or anyone. Some people have no filters....
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    No hatin here! I don't like being criticized for being big, I definitely wouldn't criticize someone else for being small. Kind of hypocritical when people do that!

I like this!
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Quit whining, thin women are the privileged group.

You're the ones in magazines, you're the ones who can fit into clothes, and if a couple people are prejudiced against you, it's nothing compared to the hate that big women get.

EDIT: to clear up, I don't mean to be a *****. I actually am skinny, and wear a size 12 because I'm really tall, and that's life.
    I just get annoyed when women say, "oh, I'm too skinny, everyone hates me!"
    it's sort of like when white people say, "Oh, they hate me cause I'm white!"

You guys are the privileged group, you don't get called fat pigs or the N word, the prejudice you face is miniscule compared to that of the non privileged groups. See what I mean?

That's not to say that it's acceptable to hate on you because really it doesn't matter all that much what your body looks like, we're all more than that.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    haters-wizard.gif
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

You're the ones in magazines, you're the ones who can fit into clothes, and if a couple people are prejudiced against you, it's nothing compared to the hate that big women get.

Seriously. Shut up.

See what I said?
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The fact of the matter is that not all people are going to be size 2's. Everyone is made differently and so everyone is going to be a different size. If you are healthy at a size 2 and that is the size you are supposed to be then stay there! No matter what size you are people are still going to talk about you... That's life...
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Sure hope that was a joke. Or you're having a bad day. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options

Seriously. Shut up.

See what I said?

nimble, you are. I noticed she edited.....she's all of 14, poor little thing.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Here we go again, hang on while I get some popcorn.

2233652.jpg