soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    haters.gif

love it!
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    i was once told I needed to eat a cheeseburger.

what's up with the cheeseburger???

I'm a vegetarian!

Why not a burrito? Or cheese pizza? Or a donut? Or chocolate cake? Those are all things I would eat!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    they just mad.. LOL. be the size you want to be. 0 8 12, 18 40.. people kill me.
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Jealousy ........but I really haven't seen that much but I'm new.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Mirey Gal! You hit the nail on the head!

I do think there is still some privilege for "skinny" girls. Like no ever says "no skinny chicks!" But i agree that we have all been beat up about our bodies and how they are not "perfect." The "privilege" that I think is real is not a justification for bashing "skinny" girls. No way!! Because now I'm "skinny" and I still see all the ways I don't fit the societal expectation...like my hip bones are square. My breasts too small. My hair too fuzzy. Or the way my veins pop out isn't "feminine"...

None of us will be the photoshopped airbrushed models we are shown all day.

Even the models aren't the models we are shown every day.

None of us are two dimensional objects. We are humans, with feelings and flaws.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what size I am. people are always jealous of how sexy I am, and sadly there's nothing I can do about it :grumble:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The one thing we all need to remember is that no matter what shape we are on the outside, I would hazard a guess that there isn’t a single person here who is 100% happy with what they see in the mirror! (If they were 100% happy, why would they be here, tracking calories and logging exercises?)

Coming from personal experience... when a lot of people look in the mirror, they see their flaws. They don’t always see the amazing parts of them… instead their attention is drawn to the cellulite on their thighs, or the armpit fat, or flabby triceps, beer gut, baby pouch, saggy boobs, moobs, ugly toes… or any piece of their body that isn’t what society would call “perfection”.

People stereotyped as “super skinny” often want to be curvier. People stereotyped as “overweight” often want to be thinner. Straight hair wants curly, curly hair wants straight, hairy men want smooth, and smooth men want a carpet… etc. Very few people seem completely happy in their own skin – so try to remember that when you look at a person and think they’re perfect (or privileged) the way they are and should just quit their whining.

Based on what I’ve seen thus far, a huge number of us have been abused mentally for our shape – whatever shape that is and has been! We operate out of a foggy view of the world as a result, and oftentimes our reactions and posts emerge from our own pain. Let us not abuse others and inflict the same kind of pain on them!

Myself, I was always the fat, ugly, stupid, sasquatch growing up. I know in my head that I didn’t fit any of those descriptions… well ok, maybe at 6’1 the sasquatch one kinda fit… but they still became my identity. For years, when I looked in the mirror, all I could see was fat ugly stupid. I STILL struggle when I look in the mirror. Taking pic after pic after pic and destroying them all because they didn’t pass the quality check.

I admit, I have a lot of mental growing up to do, but wanted to encourage the size 0’s and 44’s and every size below, in between, and above – to learn to accept yourself first… once you do that, accepting others becomes much easier.

THIS.
    I'm here trying to lose the Nicole Ritchie saggy skin on bones look.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I could write a book with the nasty, hate filled, evil trash thrown my way for being fat.

People hate typically because they hurt. It's not justifiable by any means. But to get to the point of hurting where it turns to hating on someone or a type of people, one typically experiences a level of humiliation, embarassement and ridicule that cannot be fathomed by words alone.

That's a good portion of why there's so much hate. Being fat in today's world is the same as having leprosy. The good thing is that being fat is a condition that you can change. That doesn't erase the evil ****e that is said or tossed your way though.

If you've never really been fat before, praise whatever gods you happen to follow, or the flying spaghetti monster as it pleases, and keep staying thin and/or fit. I'd rather chew on glass then to ever be fat again.

Very well said. And honestly, to further this example of "WHY" we (we, collectively) bash people that have what we want, is that on this site particularly a lot of us are hurting from what we go through for our size.

Not that it validates the bashing, but I think this is the closest you will get to a why answer.
  • catshark209
    Options
    I could write a book with the nasty, hate filled, evil trash thrown my way for being fat.

People hate typically because they hurt. It's not justifiable by any means. But to get to the point of hurting where it turns to hating on someone or a type of people, one typically experiences a level of humiliation, embarassement and ridicule that cannot be fathomed by words alone.

That's a good portion of why there's so much hate. Being fat in today's world is the same as having leprosy. The good thing is that being fat is a condition that you can change. That doesn't erase the evil ****e that is said or tossed your way though.

If you've never really been fat before, praise whatever gods you happen to follow, or the flying spaghetti monster as it pleases, and keep staying thin and/or fit. I'd rather chew on glass then to ever be fat again.

Very well said. And honestly, to further this example of "WHY" we (we, collectively) bash people that have what we want, is that on this site particularly a lot of us are hurting from what we go through for our size.

Not that it validates the bashing, but I think this is the closest you will get to a why answer.

I think if one doesn't fit what society finds attractive or acceptable one is bashed. Bigger people think we (thinner people) have it easier, and in fact, if you are thin and look like Angelina Jolie, well yeah life is "easier".
    But if you are thin, socially awkward, and are into things that aren't "cool" or "trendy", then you will be picked on simply because you are different.
    I have never ever once felt I had it made due to my weight, probably because I am not attractive according to the majority. I wear thick glasses most of the time, am a budding cat lady and can recite LOTR. Therefore, not attractive.
  • SassetG
    SassetG Posts: 19
    Options
    I can kinda see why people hate on others who are truly anorexic.. because ppl dont understand, its a mental illness. I think other women hate on skinny people for reasons like jeloousy and insecurity. No one should hate on anyone here! Everyone is here trying to better themselves. We should be encouraging, and praising people who are doing a great job. One woman to another, we should be supporting each other, not bashing! No matter what, there are always going to be people who are jelous and insecure; those ppl are trying to hurt others in order to make themselves feel better.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My two bits?

Instead of skinny people basing the hate on jealousy, and my fellow fat people basing the hate on sizists or self haters. How about we just you know, stop the hate together. Kumbayah and all that stuff. Stop feeding trolls, stop using this site for self or the harming of others and just be excellent with each other.

Jesus, did none of you learn from Bill and Ted?
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    towards women that are thinner? Or women that don't want to be a size 14?
    I mean, seriously, what is the whole issue with this? I am truly curious. There is thread after thread bashing smaller women, calling us "anorexic", "sticks", etc.

We're all here to better our health and lives, and to see such horrid threads is really sickening and hurtful.

I haven't seen these threads personally, however I know this exists in general on and off of these forums. A lot of people have told/will tell you people are jealous. Sometimes it is jealousy but I don't think it is to the extent that people make it out to be. I know that thin women are bashed sometimes and so are women who aren't. The only difference is that being thin is generally more acceptable. I am not saying that bashing anyone under any circumstance is alright but some of the time people just feel it's ok to bash what they generally see as the "norm" or more acceptable. It seems to them like there's less harm done and sometimes people genuinely do not like/prefer the thin look as opposed to being jealous and are just jerks. In other words, bashing is never okay but every person who says something negative about a thin person/being thin isn't jealous. Sometimes they don't see it as harmful and sometimes they are just jerks who also don't prefer your look.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My two bits?

Instead of skinny people basing the hate on jealousy, and my fellow fat people basing the hate on sizists or self haters. How about we just you know, stop the hate together. Kumbayah and all that stuff. Stop feeding trolls, stop using this site for self or the harming of others and just be excellent with each other.

This.... just made my day.

Love,

A former size 22 and now a size 2 (who is *still* getting trash talked for her size)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I wear thick glasses most of the time, am a budding cat lady and can recite LOTR. Therefore, not attractive.

..that's wife material.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think if one doesn't fit what society finds attractive or acceptable one is bashed. Bigger people think we (thinner people) have it easier, and in fact, if you are thin and look like Angelina Jolie, well yeah life is "easier".
    But if you are thin, socially awkward, and are into things that aren't "cool" or "trendy", then you will be picked on simply because you are different.
    I have never ever once felt I had it made due to my weight, probably because I am not attractive according to the majority. I wear thick glasses most of the time, am a budding cat lady and can recite LOTR. Therefore, not attractive.

All of those "negative" attributes sound awesome to me btw lol. And you are pretty.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Why so much hate? Because people feel insecure about themselves - pure and simple.

After the weekend I've had, I think everyone should just be happy with who they are, what they look like and be happy to be alive and taking each and every opportunity to make changes in their lives for the better.

Doesn't matter if you're black, white, purple, large, small, curvy, thin, big, or have a bright red zit on your face for all i care - Just be thankful to be alive and stop taking digs at each other....

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE - Sieze it and have a freakin good time!

:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My two bits?

Be excellent to each other, or party on, dude?
  • catshark209
    Options

All of those "negative" attributes sound awesome to me btw lol. And you are pretty.

Thank you :blushing:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    People like to hate things that make them feel self-conscious or insecure.

This is true...this is why I "hate" channing tatum and ryan reynolds. :grumble: