How many days a week do you run?

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    3 days a week usually. Twice a week I do some intervals for about 4-5 miles then on Saturdays I take my sweet time and run whatever distance feels good!
  • Dionysus35
    Dionysus35 Posts: 74
    Options
    I shoot to run four times a week with a hill/interval run included. Usually I average 5 to 7 miles a run and it varies between outdoor residential and indoor track. Living in central Florida, I have to use a treadmill if I want to get a hill work-out. :)

I'm not really training for anything specific. I just like to run.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    5x a week. 4-5 miles a run except one is typically only three miles.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Zero.

True story.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Usually I run 3-4 times per week, and usually 4 miles. I'm doing a 4 mile in July.
    <== This is one of my favorite trails to run on.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Have worked my way up to 4-5 days a week and my longest run so far is 5 miles. I'm training for a half marathon so I am continuing to up my distance and time on a run to increase my endurance. Saturday, I will attempt to run 6 miles....

I've been running off and on for about 15 years but never at this distance before.
  • Epicmum54
    Epicmum54 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd love to hear how people cross train for running! I don't have a rowing machine at my gym so I try to vary it with the elliptical (HIIT) and a stationary bike. I'm not so good at fitting in strength training (maybe 3x a week for 15 minutes..). does anyone do yoga to help with the tight muscles?

I've been running for about 10 years - hard core for the first 7 - not so much now! I currently run 3 days a week - about 8 km each run. My cross training includes a spin class on Wednesdays and a 8 km walk at 4.0 to 4.5 mph on Saturdays (I traded the walk for a long run - I was doing a 15 - 18 km run every week but found it hard to work into the schedule and maintain). Yes, I do yoga for strength and stretching and am finding it extremely helpful - plus I find the breathing exercises has really enhanced my workouts!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Am currently running 5x week avg - 38 miles one week / 56 m the next. But that is because I am on a training plan at the moment.
    Otherwise 4x week avg about 30m week.

have been running for over 30 years (17 years consistently)
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    For the runners, where do you run for miles at a time? I live in a city with heavy traffic so I have been hitting the parks but still can't get the miles up there.
    Thanks
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    Just curious how many days a week the runners here run? How far do you go? How long have you been running?

I will be running a year this July. I got off to a slow start and had an injury but I now run 5 days a week - 5 miles per run. I ran my first race Memorial Day Weekend - a five miler. I enjoyed it very much and now decided that I will run a half marathon in October. This will alter my running schedule but I'm very excited!!! I never thought I would be a runner.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I run 5 times a week about 6 miles each day-just completed my first half marathon and came in top 25 in my age group. It was an awesome experience. Second half in October-Haunted Hustle in Wisconsin.

Been running for about 5 years but started working on time-pace and speed about 7 months ago.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I have been running since the summer of 2011 (minus a 3 months when I had ankle surgery)
    I run 4-5 days a week, 5-8 miles at a time, increasing my long distance by .5 to 1 mile each week
    Average pace is anywhere from 8:13 to 8:40 a mile.
    My first half is in September- I have run numerous 5K's

Oh and I only run outside . . . I've never even set foot on a treadmill- too afraid that I would fall off!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have been running for 15 years. I never thought about that until you asked. Part of me finds that hard to believe, but at the same time, I forget what it feels like to NOT be running.

During that time I went through phases where I was running 5-6 days/ per week. Up to 30 miles/ week. I also went through times when I would run 2-3 times/ week, 2-3 miles. I have had two surgeries (Crohn's disease related) and had periods of recovering and building back up to being able to run at all.

Currently I am not training for anything, so I am running 3 times per week, about 12-15 miles total. But I am trying to focus on strength training too, so it's about finding a balance. When I run 5-6 times/week, I find it hard to do much else.
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    I'm also new at running (well, in the last 5 years I guess). I have been running since March 2012. I started out running 5 days a week and getting in at least 10 miles. Now, I run 6 days a week, but I do it during my lunch hour, so I only get 2-3 miles a day in. But, I will say that I feel SO much better than I did 2 months ago! Running 12-15 miles a week isn't much compared to alot of people that have commented, but it still feels great!
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I run outside 3 days a week, between 5 and 6 miles a run. I also run the track at the gym 1 or 2 days a week as part of my gym workout, for about 3 miles each time.

That gets me about 18 to 20 miles a week.

I've been running for a little over a year now.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    For the runners, where do you run for miles at a time? I live in a city with heavy traffic so I have been hitting the parks but still can't get the miles up there.
    Thanks

I'm lucky, I live in a fairly small town and do my long runs on Sunday mornings when there is very little traffic. Plus we live very close to some wonderful trails through quiet residential areas.
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started running about 3 months ago. Couldn't run longer than 2 minutes when I started. Now I run usually 4 or 5 days a week. Two of those days are HIIT intervals for 2 miles--the other regular runs are usually 2.5-6 miles depending on how much time I have. I have my first race-- a 3.5 mile mud run in under two weeks that I'm getting excited about.
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I just started as well. I do every other day and do about 2 miles a day. I'll eventually up that, but I don't want to hurt myself and have to stop. I've done that before and it took me about a year to re-start.
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    I starting running last summer. Was running 3x/wk, for 20-30 min at a time, making it maybe 2-2.5mi. Then I slacked off for 4 months thanks to multiple illness and wisdom teeth removal, and holidays. Got back into it in February. Could barely run 1.5mi. But made myself still run 3x/wk. In April I challenged myself to run 4x/wk, increasing total weekly miles by 2 miles each week - 8, 10, 12, 14. And managed to increase my daily mileage to 4mi, at about a 11minute mile. In one month! Yeah! But... I lost not a single pound, nor a single inch, which totally sucked. So, this month I am running 2x/wk, and doing strength 2x/wk. See if switching it up helps any.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I was training for a half marathon, so I was running 4 days a week. Now that that's over, I'm on a 3 day/4 day alternating cycle. Also, putting leg strength training I there too. Ive been running for a few years. I really enjoy long runs.