Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with fruit flavored greek yogurt (my favorite is the Chobani Strawberry). It's a great protein packed snack! Some might find it gross, but I actually crave it.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I love berries of any kind in cottage cheese, but to really sweeten it up and help with the texture maybe get frozen berries and mash the berries and juice into it. I also get low-fat instead of non-fat because low-fat is more solid than non-fat and it's still only around 90 cals for 1/2 cup.
  • airbent
    airbent Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    If you're not into the texture of the curds, you can throw it in the blender and make it creamy -- then use it in place of mayonnaise in pretty much everything. spread on sandwiches or mix in tuna/chicken salad with a little pepper. surprisingly delicious.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Sweet? Crystal Light mix.
    Cottage cheese mixed with Crystal Light sounds like the most disgusting thing since that poop thread
    I've been known to be facetious, but this one is dead serious. My mother would mix Jello mix with cottage cheese and Cool Whip as a dessert. Mixing in a little fruit-flavored Crystal Light with cottage cheese is fantastic. Adds the sweetness one might be craving, with no additional calories added.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    mix it with garlic powder and black pepper and throw it on a salad. if you need more flavour, use a light dressing like italian. i find you don't need much because the garlic powder adds a lot of flavour!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    bacon

can't BELIEVE the thread went as far as it did before the correct answer was revealed.

thank you, sir.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    nothing makes it better to me...but if I put fruit in it I can "choke" it down:tongue:
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Peaches!! Or pretty much any fruit!

And, for a non-healthy option, add maple syrup. Not even kidding. It makes it so sweet it tastes like ice cream! :)
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am hooked on fat free cottage cheese with sugar free low cal strawberry preserves and a scoop of either vanilla whey isolate, or vanilla casein protein. Depending on what time of day i make this or if its after a workout. I also love fat free cottage cheese with a table spoon of natural 100% almond butter and rich chocolate whey isolate (i call it Reese's inspired power cottage cheese) all these are fairly low in cals and very high quality protein.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Add a chilled banana and blend it. It gets rid of the texture and the banana makes it sweeter. It makes a world of difference.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    bacon

can't BELIEVE the thread went as far as it did before the correct answer was revealed.

thank you, sir.

Bacon makes everything better...
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Salsa:bigsmile:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    This might be weird - but green olives and a bit of pepper is my favorite!

Mine too!!!!!! I get the strangest looks for it! haha!
  • LillysGranny
    LillysGranny Posts: 431
    Options
    I actually like cottage cheese, but then I started watching my sodium and decided it had more than I wanted. Now I eat plain Greek yogurt instead, sometimes with a handful of chopped walnuts stirred in. I also used to like to mix the cottage cheese with fruit flavored yogurt to up the protein.
  • Suz826
    Suz826 Posts: 1
    Options
    stir in dill weed and chopped onion for a yummy veggie dip
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i like to add a little black pepper and garlic powder to mine and eat it using lettuce or veggies
    and chips if im being bad :0)

i like my cottage a little on the dryer side so i flip the container upside down to store it, and i only eat friendship daries brand
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I have been wondering the same thing! Some good ideas here. Bookmarking :)
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese w/ just lots of pepper usually does it for me.
    Cottage cheese w/ half a pear.
    If you eat potatoes doing a baked potato with cottage cheese on it.
    Adding cottage cheese into your lasagna instead of the cheese.
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thai garlic chili paste !!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it.