Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• feedingonrose
    Options
    my fav. is TONS green onions and cucumber until its equal parts veg and cottage cheese. and then add tons of pepper. its so refreshing and salty and good.

but to take away the texture, its good like someone said in eggs, in baked goods, in pancakes.
    also, like others said, i dont prefer small curd or the runny kind.
    i like great value 4% large curd, its usually the consistency of large curd with small curd puree (very very thick with no whey)....i tried the 2%, but the quality varies and more times than not its been slime with curds in it. (all whey and no curds)
    Hiland makes good cottage cheese IMO
    i tried the breakstones kind with fruit and the cottage cheese was very chalky, dry, and pasty IMO
  • lchansen1
    lchansen1 Posts: 22
    Options
    I honestly can not believe how many ideas you all came up with!! Thanks, I will be trying some of these. I used to feel the same about greek yogurt as I do cottage cheese and now i can not get enough of the stuff... because theres so many delis combos! I just might have to try mixing the cottage cheese with my have yogurt combo-- now why didn't i think of that?

Anyways, i hope you all got to take a recipe or two with you as well...

Feel free to friend me :)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I put Lawry's Seasoned Salt on mine.
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Pineapple. Pineapple makes everything taste better. :wink:

I don't like cottage cheese, but pineapple makes it taste magical.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've tried to force myself to like cottage cheese as well. A lot of these are really great ideas! I'm going to try the cottage cheese/salsa combination.

I don't really like raisins, craisins, cranberries, etc. and I can't force them down.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    I just put some pepper on it...
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Berries, apple butter, most any kind of jams.. I also like it mix with my salad and use it as salad drsg and pepper..
  • CamyLoo
    CamyLoo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I put a 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 3/4 cup skim milk and frozen berries in the blender and blend it up. Yummy
  • mommydearest4ever
    mommydearest4ever Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cottage cheese 1 tbs. Simply fruit peach cinnamon.
    Or 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1 tbs. Simply fruit strawberry 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • _blizzard_
    _blizzard_ Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like sprinkling a little Mrs. Dash sodium free lemon pepper on it. Tastes great to me. :D But I love cottage cheese.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If you're not into the texture of the curds, you can throw it in the blender and make it creamy -- then use it in place of mayonnaise in pretty much everything. spread on sandwiches or mix in tuna/chicken salad with a little pepper. surprisingly delicious.
    That's a good idea.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My wife made this recently:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/frozen-chocolate-strawberry-mousse/

She used raspberries instead of strawberries. Delicious.

Even my kids like it. Great alternative to sugary desserts.

That looks nice!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    bump
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Grapes!! Cottage cheese with grapes is probably one of the best snacks ever. It's good to eat when I have a sweet tooth.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My wife made this recently:

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/frozen-chocolate-strawberry-mousse/

She used raspberries instead of strawberries. Delicious.

Even my kids like it. Great alternative to sugary desserts.

I make her "milkshake" recipes all the time. I never would have thought to blend cottage cheese in my protein shakes but all that I have tried have been amazing!!
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    vegemite and cottage cheese on some sort of cracker.

i had never even considered having cottage cheese with sweet things. o_O

i also like to add it to salmon and salad wraps.

but...why eat it if you don't like it? it's as though cottage cheese is some magical must-eat food for dieters or something. >_>
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello from Chicago!
    Add ons: pineapple chunks, sliced peaches, frozen berries. Never tried savory add ons but will try tomato & pepper.
  • midnight333
    midnight333 Posts: 149
    Options
    I like to sprinkle it with just a little plain granulated sugar, splenda. stevia, or equal. Whatever'll make it sweeter.
  • angel196715
    Options
    My favorite way to eat cottage cheese, is to sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, and drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey over it. Man that taste like a little piece of heaven. Good luck
  • soonersgurl
    Options
    i add stevia with diet hot chocolate packet to it! i do the same for plain greek yogurt..would def give it a try!