LADIES ONLY!! PLEASE!!

Options
124»

Replies

• pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Midol really is a lifesaver :)

Midol contains nothing that will help cramps. It is acetaminophen and caffeine. That's it. You'd be taking the same thing if you took two Tylenol and a No Doz. Not especially helpful for cramps...

Ibuprofen actually works.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I actually overexercise on my period because, if not, my cramps are HORRIBLE! I usually have no energy, but I force myself anyway. It DEFINITELY makes me feel better. Well... that an Advil! Feel better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Unless the first day falls on a Sunday I exercise and exercise hard ( Sunday`s are my rest days ) and actualy exercise has made my monthly shorter and MUCH less cramps
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My cramps are also bad that if I need to work out I usually drink ice cold water to cool my tummy or wear a sweat waistband to heat my tummy and lower abdomen when working out. I tend to foucs on my legs and arms when I have those days I just can't function.
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I generally do work out--my standard class inevitably has lots of sqat-based plyo moves that day. :frown: But my thought is, even if it's the worst workout I'll have all month, at least I made it out there. Having to quit early is still better than never trying!

so true! today i managed to do about 30 min of jillian michaels kickbox fast fix...im so glad i done that much but i feel kinda crappy about not doing more!
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    Tailor your workout to how you feel. Long walks or yoga work really well with TOM. Don't set your up for failure and expect to run for an hour when all you want to do is sit on the couch. Do something that feels good and gets you moving :) Surprisingly enough, exercise is really good for reducing menstrual cramps, even if it doesn't feel like it at first!
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You just have to give yourself a break on those days. Still workout but at a lower intensity or less time.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Definitely noticed that the more I workout the easier that time is. And if I workout during that time, it's easier (pain wise) on me as well. You just gotta work through the pain at first. :)
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    Unless the first day falls on a Sunday I exercise and exercise hard ( Sunday`s are my rest days ) and actualy exercise has made my monthly shorter and MUCH less cramps

Second This! ^
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I def lack energy the first day. But cramping isn't so bad. I did do the P90x Core workout last cycle and my head started throbbing. So I just quit about 25 minutes in. If its a problem, do something light. If not, then go hard! I personally just take a day off here and there if I'm not feeling it. It's not going to kill my routine or make me gain my weight back if I skip a day!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Midol really is a lifesaver :)

Midol contains nothing that will help cramps. It is acetaminophen and caffeine. That's it. You'd be taking the same thing if you took two Tylenol and a No Doz. Not especially helpful for cramps...

Ibuprofen actually works.

Second this. Midol is crap if you have the knock-down, drag out cramps.
  • eliwolford08
    Options
    I usually take a midol and maybe some Ibuprofen at least an hour before but one that has really done good for me is the Quickslim, helps me with feeling bloated and moody also gives me a boost of energy better then midol. Plus I find that working out when in my TOM usually I lose more weight after its gone. Less water retention and just feel better.. I usually do Cardio like Kickboxing because makes me get all the bloating-ness out with a good sweat!
  • shanchamber
    Options
    I say that you can afford to baby yourself for one day out of the month. Take a hot bath, eat some chocolate, have a glass of red wine, and rest up. Be French.
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    I get cramps really bad the day before i get my period so even though it isn't regular yet at least i know when i'm gonna get it a day ahead. I guess it's better then using the bathroom and finding you have it in a place that no pads are available lol :D
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    i physically can't exercise on the first day, mine haven't become reegular yet after putting on this weight so its extermely painful when i do get them.people do say exercise is good for the pains. So if you can face it do some gentle exercise otherwise just relax for a few days
  • iluv2laugh
    Options
    I say that you can afford to baby yourself for one day out of the month. Take a hot bath, eat some chocolate, have a glass of red wine, and rest up. Be French.
    OMG whenever i get my period i MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE otherwise i will be miserable i always crave chocolate when i get my period! does anyone know why??? i usally crave sweet things when i have my period???
  • shanchamber
    Options
    OMG whenever i get my period i MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE otherwise i will be miserable i always crave chocolate when i get my period! does anyone know why??? i usally crave sweet things when i have my period???

Someone told me once that it's because chocolate has a lot of caffeine and is therefore a natural painkiller. I'm not sure. But I do know from bitter experience that anything taken to an extreme is ultimately bad for your health. And that includes cutting out food that you like, or exercising. Health is about more than weight loss. It's also about just generally feeling good and doing the things that make you happy. I'm not saying go out and eat three King Size Snickers bars or anything, but a square or two of good chocolate if you're craving it isn't going to mean getting diabetes, and neither is resting for a day or two if you're not feeling well.
  • iluv2laugh
    Options

Someone told me once that it's because chocolate has a lot of caffeine and is therefore a natural painkiller. I'm not sure. But I do know from bitter experience that anything taken to an extreme is ultimately bad for your health. And that includes cutting out food that you like, or exercising. Health is about more than weight loss. It's also about just generally feeling good and doing the things that make you happy. I'm not saying go out and eat three King Size Snickers bars or anything, but a square or two of good chocolate if you're craving it isn't going to mean getting diabetes, and neither is resting for a day or two if you're not feeling well.
    i have to stop eating so much chocolate if i'm going to lose weight i will try just a small piece everyday when i have my period and trust me that is cutting down A LOT! which is kinda sad to say! :( lol
  • tesskb328
    tesskb328 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know it's crazy to some but I feel much better if I workout. I know it's hard and somedays it's near impossible but I'm always happy afterwards.

I'm the same exact way, it totally helps my cramps so I force myself to get in a workout even if it's shorter than what I'm used to.