Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Uh-OH! Are we dynig out here?! Well ... I'm still here hope someone else is too! I almost didn't do the workout tonight- kids made it difficult when we got home... stopped the disc 4 times in the first 10 minutes! So I quit.... well after dinner I had the urge to continue eating or find junk food but I didn't, I turned on Jillian and man am I happy I did! I feel GREAT!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in on this too - I'm a little late.....just started today, but man, I'm ready for tomorrow!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Well done Amanda, you rock honey.

I got home not feeling so super, and my wife's health stuff is acting up again and she was in a mood. So I looked like a not so great evening.

I ate about a good serving of leftover rotisserie chicken (lean only, no skin) and started to perk up. Wife make it an early night and crawled in the rack, so the dogs and I went up to the gym.

I put on my HRM and hit start, then got busy:
    I did 15 minutes of elliptical to break a sweat.
    Then I did my first set of my weights routine [dips (8 today :smile: ), dumb flies, dumb rows, tricep extensions, dumb curls, lat raises]
    Then I did the shred, level one [better today, almost no cheating]
    Then I did my second set of my weights routine.

Total - 1hr 2 minutes, 680 calories. I feel amazing, so glad I did that. Shred is extra fun with puppies wanting to play while you're on the floor doing abs. :laugh: We have a 9yo male basset and a 1yo female Shih Tzu. And they're best pals. Fun guys.
  • McFatterton
    Options
    Total - 1hr 2 minutes, 680 calories. I feel amazing, so glad I did that. Shred is extra fun with puppies wanting to play while you're on the floor doing abs. :laugh: We have a 9yo male basset and a 1yo female Shih Tzu. And they're best pals. Fun guys.

My dog always tries to get in on the fun too - I have an almost 2 year old goldendoodle - he really likes the jumping jacks - he jumps along with me :laugh:
  • meana717
    Options
    Well done Amanda, you rock honey.

I got home not feeling so super, and my wife's health stuff is acting up again and she was in a mood. So I looked like a not so great evening.

I ate about a good serving of leftover rotisserie chicken (lean only, no skin) and started to perk up. Wife make it an early night and crawled in the rack, so the dogs and I went up to the gym.

I put on my HRM and hit start, then got busy:
    I did 15 minutes of elliptical to break a sweat.
    Then I did my first set of my weights routine [dips (8 today :smile: ), dumb flies, dumb rows, tricep extensions, dumb curls, lat raises]
    Then I did the shred, level one [better today, almost no cheating]
    Then I did my second set of my weights routine.

Thank You Casper! I almost lost the motivation! Sorry that the misses isn't feeling too well. Hope she gets better soon! As for you... GREAT job! I have an almost 2 year old male Shih Tzu and I lays right at my feet while I do all the standing work and then tries to lick me to death when I'm on the ground! Love them! :happy:
  • meana717
    Options
    Congratulations there newlywed... beautiful picture... and welcome! Glad to have you on board!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    So far... feeling okay - feeling it a little but not the extreme "what the hell!!?!?!?!" that happened last time. I'll run tomorrow and shred on Sunday - will report back in.

Out of curiosity - did anyone take measurements and/or photos of before - so you'll have a comparison point for "after"?
  • McFatterton
    Options
    I'm feeling good after day 2!!! Got up this morning and had Jillian kick my butt before I had to be at work....I could be imagining this but I swear that I could already do more today than I could yesterday :wink:

Amanda - thanks for the warm welcome and the compliment on the picture - that was a great day :love:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sorry all - still haven't received my DVD! I've been doing the Firm circuit DVDs for a while now, but I really need something new. I no longer feel challenged on the Firm, even when upping my weights. So, I'm hoping Jillian will be the thing. Hopefully I'll get it soon!!

For those who've been following the Shred so far - what do you think? Are you doing it every day? I think I'm going to try to do it every day while continuing C25k. Don't know if I can do it. With the Firm, you only do it every other day.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    loving the results so far, day 6 today =)
  • meana717
    Options
    Didn't take pics.... how could I forget that! I will do it today... I know already a week in, but seriously no changes yet other than my endurance and a little bit more upper body strength. I was going to hit the gym this morning for an Indoor Cycling class, but for the first time in a few months my kids let me sleep in and I didn't roll out of bed until 8! Class started at 9, so not quite enough time since I had to get the kids breakfast and dressed. Anyways...ready to day 6 this afternoon. I think I will do it during Zani's nap time, that way she can't bug me as she normally does! Plus it would only be about 2 hours earlier than normal so my body still gets that rest period! Alright ya'll! Looking good!:flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do Level 2 for the second time today (first time was Thursday). I'm able to work out about every other day. That will have to be good enough - work and kids seem to get in the way the other days. Looking forward to a good workout. I'm really starting to feel the effects of The Shred. I like the fact that it's a total body workout in a short time. I feel like I'm working big and small muscles, plus burning calories.
  • kimmay
    kimmay Posts: 26
    Options
    Just finished day 4. Maybe I have a little extra energy today but I found it to be much simpler. So, I decided to move onto level 2. Completed level 2 (which seems easier than level 1 for some reason). I feel great! I can definitely see the difference. Although the scale has only moved down 1lb since I started, I definitely feel firmer in my abs and legs.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Whew! Just finished my Shred for the day. I was able to work a lot harder today than ever before despite being fatigued from my 955 calorie burn ( :bigsmile: ) yesterday. I'm totally dripping sweat (yum) which is the first time that's happened with the shred. I really love this workout! And I really love how even when my stamina and strength improve, I can keep amping it up by going harder and increasing my weights. :drinker:
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 7! woohooo!!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Finished my shred for the day. I'm doing so much better. I've never been able to do all the anterior raises before without switching a few out for bicep curls instead but I did today for the first time. I also made it through all the bicycle crunches for the first time. Woot!

My HRM agrees I'm working harder, too. It used to tell me I burned about 350 calories during the shred. Today it says I burned 403 and my weight is lower now. 403 calories in 22 minutes? Bonkers. MFP gives me 330 for 22 minutes of circuit training so I'll count it as that to be conservative.

I'm going to make it my goal to get up early and do the shred every day before work this week. :drinker:
  • meana717
    Options
    Hey ya'll.. Happy Sunday evening! So I finished my 7th day of shred about an hour ago... and boy do I feel awesome! Stepped on the scale last night before bed and it gave me a very promising number...however not going to input it until weigh in on Tuesday! Still suck at push-ups, but I'm with you JLB.... I actually made it through all of the anterior raises today as well! Great job everyone! 7 down, 23 to go!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I had a little extra energy this evening and decided to give level 2 a shot. So many people have said they thought it was easier than level 1. :noway: I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :laugh: I managed to get through it with a few modifications but let's just say I'll be sticking with level 1 for quite a bit longer.
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Hey I'm starting over...got side tracked a while back. I'm starting with Level 1 day 1. Wish me luck, God knows I hate those butt kicks...LOL
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    We did our 5 workout last night (7th day, missed a couple :blushing: ).

I'm loving it,,, did "guy pushups" for the whole first round of strength last night - first time I've been able to do that. Halfway through on the second set, knees down for the last few. Getting stronger.

Wife M-rose is doing great with the shred and fine with her program, whether she believes it or not.