Does the American Red Cross stalk you too?

Options

Replies

• eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The Red Cross recently (year ago) entered into a contract with a company to assist with calling donors. The name of the project is DRMS (Donor Relationship Management Program) and the intent was that donors could identify how often and how (text, email, call to cell phone, home, work, etc.) they wanted to be contacted. Unfortunately the software has glitches and the result is yes, donors are called more often than they should be. Communications have gone out attempting to explain the problem and Red Cross management is aware of the extent of donors unhappiness when the glitches occur. But in all honesty, even when I get calls more frequently than I would like, I am also very aware that it is because there are patients in need. Only 3 out of 100 people donate blood. If you've ever received blood or had a family member who needed blood, you would appreciate those who do take the one hour out of their day to give.

I have no problem with donating, I just dont want to be contacted as often as they do when its time I can donate again. Ill donate when I can. They call me in class, while Im having dinner, on Sundays etc... just rude.

edit: I hope their glitches get fixed, Im glad to hear at least they are trying.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    **** the red cross.
    they dont want my blood because i get tattooed a couple times a year, and they dont any of my gay friends blood...because theyre gay.

the red cross goes to show...beggars CAN be choosers.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    tell them you have HEPATITIS, they will leave you strictly alone. NOBODY wants my blood, organs or even my hair and my dentist has to wear hazmat gear. That which does not kill me ...
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    No, but AARP has been stalking me for like 15 years and I just turned 35 this year.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    They call my hubby all the time lol He just doesn't answer. They never call me, cuz I never give blood.
  • Fairlady1964
    Fairlady1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    They most likely will give up on you after a while.
    The ARC would call me all the time, and I would donate when I could. (I'm A negative). They stopped calling when I told them I had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. I take a blood thinner, bet that bag would fill up quickly now!
  • eig6
    Options
    **** the red cross.
    they dont want my blood because i get tattooed a couple times a year, and they dont any of my gay friends blood...because theyre gay.

the red cross goes to show...beggars CAN be choosers.

:laugh:
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I told them I was pregnant back when they used to call me all the time (i really was btw) and they never called again.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Just tell them you have new tattoo. I gave all last year it was nice that they called to tell me that it was time I could donate again but then I decided to get a tattoo in Jan they called and I told them I couldnt for a year new tattoo they haven't called since.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    every other time i go to give blood, my iron is too low. so i told them i'm trying to get it back up, and i'll call you when i'm ready to donate. they still call, but only every few months.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,116 Member
    Options
    You can try registering your phones (all of them) at the DO NOT CALL website. I have only had a handful of soliciting calls since I signed up ten years ago. I think you have to re-register every five years. It works - in the U.S. it's a government thing.

https://www.donotcall.gov/
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    I'm A Positive, which is the most common blood type. They don't need my blood but they call me 4-5 times a week. It's gotten ridiculous. You can only donate once every 90 days...
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I believe getting a tattoo, or saying you did, disqualifies you for donating for one year. That's what I have seen on paperwork.
    When I go they want a DOUBLE dose from me. I get hooked up to some special machine for it. Heck, I can even walk in and get sent to the front of any line they like my blood so much.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You can try registering your phones (all of them) at the DO NOT CALL website. I have only had a handful of soliciting calls since I signed up ten years ago. I think you have to re-register every five years. It works - in the U.S. it's a government thing.

Non-Profits, politicians, and government agencies are exempt from the do not call list
  • eig6
    Options

Cool, I'll do that!

Edit:
    [/quote]

Non-Profits, politicians, and government agencies are exempt from the do not call list
    [/quote]
    Darn...Ill still thing doing that would be good though.
  • RMuske
    RMuske Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am A+ and they stalk me like prey.. It is everyone I think.. Once you are in the system you can never escape!

And the tattoo thing only works in unregulated states. You can get a tattoo in AZ and still donate!
  • eig6
    Options
    I believe getting a tattoo, or saying you did, disqualifies you for donating for one year. That's what I have seen on paperwork.
    When I go they want a DOUBLE dose from me. I get hooked up to some special machine for it. Heck, I can even walk in and get sent to the front of any line they like my blood so much.

Ill try the tattoo thing, sounds like that works...and a DOUBLE dose? Wow, how could you even give that much blood at once?! You must be O.
  • eig6
    Options
    I am A+ and they stalk me like prey.. It is everyone I think.. Once you are in the system you can never escape!

And the tattoo thing only works in unregulated states. You can get a tattoo in AZ and still donate!

Aw man.. and I live in AZ most the year for school! Guess back to telling them I weigh to little...or that im pregnant :ohwell:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a Twitter, but you can try and tweet them your problem. A lot of companies will respond right away.
  • koalafan
    koalafan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have O. I get a card at least once a week. They used to call me a lot too until I finally convinced them that when I have time, I donate.