ALMOST there! ~90lbs lost in about 10 months.

Options

Replies

• utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    your a great inspiration, thank you for sharing. you look amazing and i am sure you are feeling fabulous too. keep it up and keep in touch.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Geez!! That's an amazing transformation. How scary that you were paralyzed from a herniated disc and did as well as you did. You're amazing to also have done it with 3 little kids. Bottom line is that you rock!
  • yuni1
    yuni1 Posts: 5
    Options
    waw, that's amazing. you look really fit and healthy.
    I'm targeting about 80 lbs in a year.
    I hope I can reach it like you do :smile:
  • myadventure25
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring! Yeah for all of us 5' 8" girls!
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awes! I'm so happy for you. Great job Lady. I'm glad you recovered!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    You are seriously AWESOME and inspiring! Congrats to you on all your hard work! Just amazing.....:bigsmile:
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are a true fitness inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Wow simply amazing!
  • bellaitalia603
    bellaitalia603 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    your pictures really make me feel like this is possible!
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Amazing, thanks for sharing!
  • WandaJean1564
    WandaJean1564 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    wonderful job...you look great:)
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Before, this was 270-something lbs. The second shot is from today at the gym. 174.8!!

I'm 5'8". I'm 31 years old and Mom of three kids, ages 6, 3, and 1.

Current routine: I run 6-7 days/week, and lift weights 2-3x/week. Eat less crap, drink more water.

Current goal: 145-160lbs, resting at whichever number I feel strong, faster, and healthy. To be determined when I get there. :-)

beforeduring20120605.jpg

EDITED:
    I've gotten like 10 messages asking how I did it or how I got started. Here you go...

Let's see. A year ago this week I had a debilitating spinal cord injury due to a herniated disc. I had emergency surgery and was in a rehab hospital for almost a month because I was paralyzed from the waist down. It's a miracle I regained sensation as much as I have. The neurosurgeon said the best way to prevent this from happening again is to lose weight and strengthen my core. So I took him VERY seriously.

The first day I walked a quarter mile around my neighborhood, with a CANE! I just kept at it, every single day. Walking longer, farther, faster, adding in jogging after a few months, then walking with running, and now full on running.

The key for me has been consistency.

outstanding job...keep it going......:smile:
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration, glad to call u my friend. You show so much dedication and perseverance!
  • g3rbera
    g3rbera Posts: 8
    Options
    Amazing!
  • sheenabeenabobeena
    sheenabeenabobeena Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    you are amazing! thank you for the inspiration!! keep at it and you'll be at your goal in no time!
  • initforlife_clc
    Options
    Holy smokes girl!!! FANTASTIC!! You look great!
  • pamelaf2
    pamelaf2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good Job. Looking good and Looking Healthy!
  • flobee76
    flobee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OMG. you are amazing!
  • MSxJENNY
    MSxJENNY Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG!! THAT'S SO AMAZING! I hope I lose that much by the time I hit 10 months! you're an inspiration!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    you look younger and really fit!(fit as in healthy)! :bigsmile:

great job x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!