419 lbs. to 229 lbs. Today life is amazing!!

Options
I just found & joined MFP yesterday. I wish I had found this site a year ago when I started my new lifestyle. I weighed 419 lbs at my highest documented weight. Today I weigh 229 lbs. with 44 more to go to get to my goal of 185. The day I made the choice to lose the weight I never would have thought I would make it this far. I am 46 yrs old, I had many health issues from RA to high BP.. I was taking 8 pills a day, only take one pill a day now. I could barely walk to my own mailbox without giving out of breath, today I walk 3-5 miles a day and workout for an hour each day. I one day hope to go on a hiking trip in the mountains of NC., I know now that that is not just a dream, one day I will do it!!!...I also am looking for friends here to support me & to support them and keep each other motivated..so if interested please send me a request...Thanks to all & have a beautiful day!!

Replies

• jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!! Did you do it through diet and exercise alone or did you have bariatric surgery? Either way, losing almost 200lbs is an AMAZING accomplishment and you are an elite loser (maybe the only time it is ok to call someone a loser lol)!!! Keep pushing forward lady!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is an amazing loss! and so glad you joined MFP! I know with the help and support of everyone here at MFP that you will just start dropping those pounds :) If you need a friend for support, feel free to add me :) I joined in february to get in shape for a summer vacation to colorado...I'm 10-ish LBs down with 2 months away and I'm still working on getting in shape for those colorado mountains :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    OMG you are my hero.....WTG
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and congrats on your amazing loss!!!!
  • cjwalker81
    cjwalker81 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story!! Congrats to you! You have obviously worked hard!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Absolutely phenomenal!!! Congratulations! The amount of effort you put in to getting healthy is awe inspiring!! Keep up the great work!
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing. It's an inspiration to hear success stories like this. Congratulations and keep it going!
  • _hi_hat3r_
    _hi_hat3r_ Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Holy shyt girl!!! YOU are my hero!!!
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's fantastic :happy:
    Welcome to MFP, I'm sure you'll definitely reach your goal now you're here.
    You sure have the dedication.
    Do you have any comparison (progress) photos you don't mind sharing?
    It's always great to hear these success stories :smile:
  • Jking826
    Jking826 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing story...You look beautiful...
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep up all your hard work!!!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    First of all AMAZING! Love reading this and congrats...second of all..I sent a friend request!
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You Rock!! Keep up the good work and please share some of your secrets ;)
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Well done on your amazing weight loss so far and I have no doubt you will reach your goal and go your hiking trip.
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!!! WHat a great feeling to know that your dreams are now a reality and you can do whatever it is you set your mind too!

Best of luck to you!!!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    WOW that is totally amazing! Way to go! What food plan, or way of life eating guide line you have followed.
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Congratulations and very, very well done!
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to you and your journey so far. You definitely give all of us inspiration and motivation just with your story alone. Welcome to the site..we are all here to support each other. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    what a great accomplishment! you have gotten so far already - i'm sure you'll reach your goal soon! especially with mfp.. there are some great people on here and it is a very motivating site! congrats on your success so far!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    WAHOOOO!!!

It's stories like THIS that keep me motivated! That is just amazing, good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!