I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have a question do you eat back your exercise calories? Can anyone shed light on this? thanks :)
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This looks very promising! Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone. Two follow up questions: (1) In your example, does that mean you are actually eating 1623 calories on Tues, or eating 1298 calories that day? And, (2) The chart created for me a different caloric intake each day. Do you adjust mfp each day or just stick w/ your lowest calories on the chart, i.e., 1298 in your example?

I eat 1298 calories on Tuesday (my lowest day). I have MFP set up to 1298 every day so on Tuesdays I don't do anything, just record the food for that day.
    Today Wednesday (it's my highest day) I added a pre-set exercise (that I did myself) called "Wednesday zig-zag", when I made it I put 45 minutes (because I work out every day 45 minutes, you can put any number you want) and I put the calorie difference for Wednesday (for me is 638) so when I add it it says: "Nenabobena burned 638 calories doing 45 minutes of "Wednesday Zig-Zag"

I hope that answered your questions, if not I can elaborate again :)
    Oh I get it..so you don't actually log your exercise but the calories that it gives you and you just workout right? I'm def gonna give this a try i have been on a freaking plateau for over 4 months after being on one for over a year
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Do you add exercise calories to the amounts of calories to eat each day with the zig zag diet or do the amounts given take into consideration your estimated exercise calories?
  • TURNBACK27
    TURNBACK27 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • kser145
    kser145 Posts: 40
    Options
    bump
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Cycling has always worked well for me. I love the tip about how to enter it in MFP, thanks!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    wow!! it gives me a lot of calories and the Zig-Zag is freaking awesome THANKS SO MUCH!!:drinker:
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    bump
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • derekkpattison
    Options
    okay so I guess I will admit to still being a little lost (sorry)!! So for example if i have a 1460 calorie day based on the calculator (which is a real example) do i eat ONLY the 1460 even though on that same day I run for 45 minutes and burn 600 calories...then i am only working with 860 calories which according to MFP that I am eating too few calories.

I like the idea alot but I am just unsure.
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think I may just copy the chart it gave me and change it manually everyday. I'm not understanding how you did yours I guess. Or i could use the maintenance it gave me and then net the number they showed me on a daily basis with or without exercise......I wonder if that would work....which is usually what I'm doing anyway.... hmm....lol. So confused. I only want to drop 11 more pounds
    Yes, you could always try to see what your numbers are without any exercise if that makes it easier for you. I do crossfit M-F for 45 minutes so I know my numbers are consistent but if don't have an exercise routine then this may just not work for you.

I don't log any other exercise on mfp, which makes it a little dull but as long as it works I am sticking to it :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this in a few weeks if what I'm currently doing doesn't start to work.

Thanks!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...off to investigate more...
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    bump
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump for later