Options
    Bump
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • emelypoynter
    Options
    okay so I guess I will admit to still being a little lost (sorry)!! So for example if i have a 1460 calorie day based on the calculator (which is a real example) do i eat ONLY the 1460 even though on that same day I run for 45 minutes and burn 600 calories...then i am only working with 860 calories which according to MFP that I am eating too few calories.

I like the idea alot but I am just unsure.

Same here! Still a little lost :(
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • erikapereira
    erikapereira Posts: 196
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Very interesting.
  • fitnessbekhs
    Options
    bump
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    That looks like a LOT of calories, even on the low calorie days? How was your results in the extreme fat loss phase? :noway:
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    okay so I guess I will admit to still being a little lost (sorry)!! So for example if i have a 1460 calorie day based on the calculator (which is a real example) do i eat ONLY the 1460 even though on that same day I run for 45 minutes and burn 600 calories...then i am only working with 860 calories which according to MFP that I am eating too few calories.

I like the idea alot but I am just unsure.

Yes, the whole idea is that instead of calculating a DAILY calorie deficit, you are calculating a WEEKLY calorie deficit. So for example, yesterday I did my 45 minute crossfit and I only at 1298 cals which it would look as I am starving myself, yet today I did crossfit again but today is my high day so I get to eat 1936 cals. Tomorrow is about 1400 and my weekend is in the high 1700's (and I don't work out Sat or Sun). Anyway this keeps your metabolisms very active, and that's why it works.
  • annlouise2
    annlouise2 Posts: 25
    Options
    bump for later, your sttarting stats are almost the same as mines :) thanks
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I calculate it with exercise (3 times a week in my case). This gives you your TDEE.

In that case, the exercise calories are already included, so you would not eat them back.
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    awesome, going to try this :)
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Very interesting - might look into this if I hit another plateau!
  • kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    bump
  • Danhell85
    Danhell85 Posts: 2
    Options
    bump
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did a search in the forums and I only found a couple of topics that mentioned calorie zig-zag so I decided that I would make this post with instructions.

First things first: Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm fill out the form and click at the bottom where it says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)"
    All you have to do is follow the schedule (weight loss and extreme weight loss) and you will start to lose weight.

If this worked for me it HAS to work for you. Just to give you a little background, I am 31 years old, 5'2 and my highest weight was 170lbs. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. The combination of metabolic disorders has made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight with just diet and exercise. I've tried low cal (1200) , total energy expenditure with a deficit (2000) and everything in between that range; low fat, low carb, you name it! nothing has really worked until I tried calorie cycling.

I have been doing this for over 5 weeks and I have been losing 1lb each week consistently by following the weight loss schedule. If I plateau again I will try the extreme weight loss but so far so good.
    I wanted to post this the first week I lost weight but I wanted to make sure that it really worked before getting your hopes up.

To adjust myfitnesspal I customized my calorie goals to my lowest calorie day ( tuesdays for me) and created 6 work outs with the calorie adjustments so I can just add it each day and count my calories the regular way. For example:
    My daily calorie is set up at 1298
    Then I add a "Monday zig-zag" exercise that I set up at 325 calories, this sets my Monday net calories to 1623
    Do the same each day with a pre-set work out for each day and you are done.

Hope this helps!!!

How can YOU DISCOVER Something that OTHER People have been writing about FOR Years???!!! It's like telling the Native American Indians that Columbus DISCOVERED America! Just say...YOU LEARNED something that was NEW To YOU!

Get out of here! All you have to do is Eat Normally...which is "Zig Zag!!!" No one eats the same amount of calories each day, some days you naturally want more or less food or something sweet>>>That is why having a WEEKLY calorie goal is Important, same is true with an Exercise Routine. That's why it is CRAZY when people get upset when they eat more than they planned, let your Body DO its thing, heck, if you eat 300-500 excess calories one day, then eat fewer the next 2/3 days. CONSISTENCY DOES NOT MEAN EATING THE SAME CALORIES DAY IN AND DAY OUT...That's CRAZY (Same with An Exercise Routine.) People WILL eventually Learn about THEIR Body.

OK, have a nice day.