bump
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Bump! I will have to check this out later. Thanks :}
  • sninny
    sninny Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump---I'd like to try this if I can't kick my weight loss back into gear soon.
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    yeah-thank you!!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    for those of you questioning about eating exercise calories back, here is my .02....

from the website "Try not to lower your calorie intake by more than 1000 calories below maintenance. Doing so may invoke the bodies starvation response, which can lead to the Yo-yo dieting effect."

I take this to mean if you green number at the end of the day (calories left) is more than 1000, then you need to eat more food until you have that number at 1000 or below until you net your calories for that day whether it be 1300 or 1800. For example if you have 1200 (in the green) left for the day, eat as close to 200 calories as possible to get to 1000. I don't personally think going over a 1000 a day or 2 here and there is going to hurt, but then again I am not a doctor or nutritionist.

Again just my opinion....
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    This thread is super long, so I'm sure someone else has responded. But this is almost 1000 calories MORE per day, even in the Extreme category than MFP gives me. I "get it" though and have read so much on fitness and nutrition my eyes go crossed, you'd think I'd be super healthy! HA! Anyway, I haven't lost a lb on here in about 5 months. I very rarely go over my calories. I stay EXACTLY the same, doesn't matter if I eat healthy or crappy, it stays the same. I've changed up exercise from a lot of cardio to weight training, and then a mix of both and still nothing. SO, I can't think any harm would be done by doing this! Well, at least for me! If anyone has any thoughts....send me a message!!!
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    buuuuuummmmmmppppp
  • future_runner
    future_runner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    freedieting.com says I should eat 12,921 calories a week. MFP says I should eat 10'360 calories a week. So basically I should eat 2,561 more a week but eat more on certain days than other and I'll lose weight? I'm sorry but this seems like BS as of right now, but I'll look into it more.

Well MFP says you net 10,360 calories a week, so you may actually eat more because you are eating back exercise calories. With zig zagging you do not eat you are not eating your exercise calories so you are probably netting less.

MFP- net calories not total consumed
    This- total consumed
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    Bump
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    interesting...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Win0727
    Win0727 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Will read through later! At work =)
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid too and on lots of meds that cause weight gain/sluggish metabolism. If I stall again I may give this a try. Thanks x