I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    This thread is super long, so I'm sure someone else has responded. But this is almost 1000 calories MORE per day, even in the Extreme category than MFP gives me. I "get it" though and have read so much on fitness and nutrition my eyes go crossed, you'd think I'd be super healthy! HA! Anyway, I haven't lost a lb on here in about 5 months. I very rarely go over my calories. I stay EXACTLY the same, doesn't matter if I eat healthy or crappy, it stays the same. I've changed up exercise from a lot of cardio to weight training, and then a mix of both and still nothing. SO, I can't think any harm would be done by doing this! Well, at least for me! If anyone has any thoughts....send me a message!!!

I'm right there with ya, 5 weeks now for me. But this has been an ongoing thing for me for years, I eat very good and workout and never see the results. I look like I eat cake and sit on the couch. I hate the argument calories in and calories out will show what you've been doing- it's a bunch of crap for me at least!
  • jfernandez10
    Options
    bump
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do you add exercise calories to the amounts of calories to eat each day with the zig zag diet or do the amounts given take into consideration your estimated exercise calories?

No, I don't add nor eat any other calories on top of what it is already calculated on the zig-zag schedule. Hope that helps!
  • barefoot76
    barefoot76 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump

This answers the question I posted yesterday -- it has calories at 300 cals less per day than the Katch-McArdle calculations, which weren't working for me! This will be tough, but I am going to give it a try!
  • ClaSSiE86
    ClaSSiE86 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: gonna read more of this later....
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    neat!
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So gonna try this!
  • thompsoj05
    thompsoj05 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I calculate it with exercise (3 times a week in my case). This gives you your TDEE.

In that case, the exercise calories are already included, so you would not eat them back.

EXACTLY :)
  • Aeonis
    Aeonis Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This sounds interesting.. worth a try.
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Must read this later when I'm not at work. Thanks for posting!
  • jaechange
    jaechange Posts: 9
    Options
    bump :>) thanks
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Whoa nelly. I ran the calculator, and even with daily exercise, it wants me to take my intake all the way down to 890 on the low day.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    This is telling me that for extreme weight loss I have to only eat 1048 calories a day. That goes against everything that I"v read here on MFP. The most calories I can eat on one of the days is 1258. I think I'm going to try this but I may starve to death in the process!
  • dbyrd4179
    dbyrd4179 Posts: 3
    Options
    BUMP
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump