I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• SweetHoliday
    Options
    So, for the chart it gives you, Maintenance, Fat Loss, Extreme Fat Loss, is that how many calories you are burning or eating in a day to maintain your weight, or to get fat loss, or to have extreme fat loss?
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    so my middle ground is 1389 . . . with a high of 1667 and a low of 1111 . . . . mfp has me set at 1350 a day but with exercise I am over 2000 on many days
    In all honesty the not counting exercise calories worries me- I like the extra calories on long run days because I am FRIGGEN hungry- but I don't want extra calories on non run days (if that makes sense). hmmmmm . . . .
    Here's my chart
    M FL EFL
    Monday 1736 1389 1072
    Tuesday 1389 1111 1072
    Wednesday 2083 1667 1287
    Thursday 1736 1389 1072
    Friday 1563 1250 1072
    Saturday 1910 1528 1180
    Sunday 1736 1389 1072

If you are losing weight the way that mfp has it set up for you, just keep doing that. The calorie zig-zag works when everything else fails, so maybe switch only if you hit a plateau? :)
  • LadyQueefsalot
    LadyQueefsalot Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of confused by this?
  • RonKay
    RonKay Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anamika59
    anamika59 Posts: 37
    Options
    okay, i am stumped. what does "bump" mean?
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Bump to review later. Thanks!
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm not getting it. Mine says for extreme weight loss to eat 2000 calories per day, but then only 2 days that week are 2200 and 2400. I just don't see that as that extreme and how it's going to get my metabolism kicking butt?

what stats did you put in? Did you put in your BF% under advance?
  • Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    OK, have a nice day.
    ^^^ Classy response. :happy:

You know, some people just need more fiber in their diet :) hehe.
  • angagc
    angagc Posts: 8
    Options
    Bump
  • dcollins73
    Options
    Thanks so much, I will try this and see if it works for me, I was getting a lil discouraged maybe this will help me :)
  • SunKissed86
    Options
    I did a search in the forums and I only found a couple of topics that mentioned calorie zig-zag so I decided that I would make this post with instructions.

First things first: Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm fill out the form and click at the bottom where it says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)"
    All you have to do is follow the schedule (weight loss and extreme weight loss) and you will start to lose weight.

If this worked for me it HAS to work for you. Just to give you a little background, I am 31 years old, 5'2 and my highest weight was 170lbs. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. The combination of metabolic disorders has made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight with just diet and exercise. I've tried low cal (1200) , total energy expenditure with a deficit (2000) and everything in between that range; low fat, low carb, you name it! nothing has really worked until I tried calorie cycling.

I have been doing this for over 5 weeks and I have been losing 1lb each week consistently by following the weight loss schedule. If I plateau again I will try the extreme weight loss but so far so good.
    I wanted to post this the first week I lost weight but I wanted to make sure that it really worked before getting your hopes up.

To adjust myfitnesspal I customized my calorie goals to my lowest calorie day ( tuesdays for me) and created 6 work outs with the calorie adjustments so I can just add it each day and count my calories the regular way. For example:
    My daily calorie is set up at 1298
    Then I add a "Monday zig-zag" exercise that I set up at 325 calories, this sets my Monday net calories to 1623
    Do the same each day with a pre-set work out for each day and you are done.

Hope this helps!!!

TRYING THIS!!! Thank you !!!!!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    This is known as 'calorie cycling' (or if you do WW, 'the Wendie plan', unofficially). You don't really need to use that site to calculate things. Just vary your calories some days. So if you usually average around 1600/day, have a 1400/day and an 1800/day. Just make your weekly calories average out to the same as they would before.

It's a good idea to do the same with exercise, too. If you usually walk one hour a day, take a day off and walk 2 hours the next day now and then.
  • sommerskins
    Options
    bumpity bump bump :glasses:
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    BUMP! :noway:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bigjax1
    bigjax1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    not to be a party pooper but I have done this naturally all my life but I am overweight and before anyone says I eat too much I vary between 1200 and 1600 cals aday (i have lost 3lb in the past 4 months) plus my job is active and i do that 4 days a week...(I log every mouthful, lick slurp or morsal that I eat and drink).........................I allow myself 105000 cals a week which the site seems to say is too low by 10,000 for my height, age and weight.... I have tried to increase my intake and that just got me fatter than ever... I do have health problems that cause weight issues so maybe thats why it does not work for me

Pedometer shows that I do 10-12000 steps a day per 8 hour shift... then there is what I do out of work to add to that...

so what am I missing here?
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    bump
  • lostbuthappy
    lostbuthappy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Going to give this a shot. Thanks!