Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I add tuna fish and or hard boiled eggs (chopped up) to it.
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bump! I love cottage cheese, and all these recipes sound delish! :D
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Only way it tastes good is in the trash:)...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Pineapple, and orandes in it. Also you can cook with it...in lasagna
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple years to enjoy cottage cheese but kept eating it. I love to eat it on top of some crackers.
  • kayliesk
    kayliesk Posts: 1
    Options
    Cottage cheese, light or low fat/calorie italian dressing, and cucumbers! doesnt get any more delicious than that!!!
  • Simple6
    Simple6 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I add one tablespoon of Torani's sugar free syrup. My favorite is Irish cream. I also love Almond flavor. It adds no calories and changes the flavor up for me. I have several different types. I usually eat this as my desert or sometimes my breakfast.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    a dab of sugar, or splenda if you are worried about the calories.
  • penny408
    penny408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I mix in some barbecue sauce for a different taste altogether.
  • Vegastei
    Vegastei Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you're not into the texture of the curds, you can throw it in the blender and make it creamy -- then use it in place of mayonnaise in pretty much everything. spread on sandwiches or mix in tuna/chicken salad with a little pepper. surprisingly delicious.

this i'm going to try

i don't eat cottage cheese because of the texture
    But if i can have a good creamy tuna sandwich again i will be very happy :)
  • davekyguy
    davekyguy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I HATE the taste and texture also. This makes it taste awesome to me,

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup fat free milk (milk tastes better but I use water sometimes to spare the carbs)
    1/2 to a whole banana (Again depending on my carb desires)

Mix in a bullet blender. Tastes so good even my picky teenagers say it's like a shake.

I also have added strawberries and blueberries and a half scoop of strawberry protein powder. That tastes awesome also.

Why would you want to eat Cottage Cheese? Cottage cheese has Casein Protein, it is a very slow digesting protein that feeds your body for hours. Bodybuilders eat it before bedtime because sleep is the longest your body goes without feeding. Nobody wants their body feeding on their muscles while they sleep. When I eat it before bedtime I cut out the milk and use even just a quarter banana to limit the carbs.
  • samanthasky
    samanthasky Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I can't STAND cottage cheese. I thought it would taste different but it tastes like cheese balls. GROSS! Maybe you should put blueberries in? They're pretty good.
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot sauce.... I put that s**t on everything!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    MELT IT!!!! It turns into more of a cheese sauce. I love to melt it into chili, or salsa, and dip chips in it. It's also great on oven-baked things. So good when it's hot and bubbly!
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I add fresh berries, rasberries are my favorites and 1/4 cup of raw oatmeal the old fashion one. If I can spare the calories I also add a little honey. Delicious.
    If I am on a cheat day I mix 1/2 cottage cheesse with 1/2 greek gods flavored yogurt and use as sutffing for crepes and then just top them with fruit of your choice. Super delicious, can't even tell you are eating cottage chesse, just make sure you get the low fat and small curd cottage cheese. I didn't like cottage cheese before either.
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    Savory? Salsa.

Sweet? Crystal Light mix. I knew I could use you for something. After your "looking for hot chicks thread." lol
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    salt. pepper. lemon dill seasoning. Yum!
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    chunk it in the garbage and eat yogurt instead
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    How could it taste any better?!? It's like heaven in a tub now!