I found the holy grail of weight loss for lazy metabolisms

Options

Replies

• Nenabobena
    Nenabobena Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    An easier way to do this would be. 1. Get a pen and paper, write down the zigzag plan you have been given. 2 only eat what the plan tells you no more no less. 3 forget about using mfp to log exercise, the plan you wrote down will already have accounted for it. 4 Use mfp mealy as a tool to track/meet the daily calorie requirements set out in the zig zag plan. How hard can it be really :laugh:

Perfect!

I really made it complicated by trying to explain how to change the daily log here on mfp, huh? hehe.
  • NittanyLion95
    Options
    Bump
  • JessicaJonker
    Options
    Bump!
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    I did a search in the forums and I only found a couple of topics that mentioned calorie zig-zag so I decided that I would make this post with instructions.

First things first: Go to http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm fill out the form and click at the bottom where it says "7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)"
    All you have to do is follow the schedule (weight loss and extreme weight loss) and you will start to lose weight.

If this worked for me it HAS to work for you. Just to give you a little background, I am 31 years old, 5'2 and my highest weight was 170lbs. I have hypothyroidism and hypoglycemia. The combination of metabolic disorders has made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight with just diet and exercise. I've tried low cal (1200) , total energy expenditure with a deficit (2000) and everything in between that range; low fat, low carb, you name it! nothing has really worked until I tried calorie cycling.

I have been doing this for over 5 weeks and I have been losing 1lb each week consistently by following the weight loss schedule. If I plateau again I will try the extreme weight loss but so far so good.
    I wanted to post this the first week I lost weight but I wanted to make sure that it really worked before getting your hopes up.

To adjust myfitnesspal I customized my calorie goals to my lowest calorie day ( tuesdays for me) and created 6 work outs with the calorie adjustments so I can just add it each day and count my calories the regular way. For example:
    My daily calorie is set up at 1298
    Then I add a "Monday zig-zag" exercise that I set up at 325 calories, this sets my Monday net calories to 1623
    Do the same each day with a pre-set work out for each day and you are done.

Hope this helps!!!

How can YOU DISCOVER Something that OTHER People have been writing about FOR Years???!!! It's like telling the Native American Indians that Columbus DISCOVERED America! Just say...YOU LEARNED something that was NEW To YOU!

Get out of here! All you have to do is Eat Normally...which is "Zig Zag!!!" No one eats the same amount of calories each day, some days you naturally want more or less food or something sweet>>>That is why having a WEEKLY calorie goal is Important, same is true with an Exercise Routine. That's why it is CRAZY when people get upset when they eat more than they planned, let your Body DO its thing, heck, if you eat 300-500 excess calories one day, then eat fewer the next 2/3 days. CONSISTENCY DOES NOT MEAN EATING THE SAME CALORIES DAY IN AND DAY OUT...That's CRAZY (Same with An Exercise Routine.) People WILL eventually Learn about THEIR Body.

i find it quite ironice that such a negative person/reply has "LOVE" as their porfile pic. just sayin'...
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    If what I had read on a site somewhere different than this one, it's good to do everyday to keep you from stalling out. I thought about just haven't done it yet

You will wish you've done it earlier! ;)
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm totally doing this. My weight and inches aren't really budging, so I have nothing to lose...except hopefully weight and inches!
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    freedieting.com says I should eat 12,921 calories a week. MFP says I should eat 10'360 calories a week. So basically I should eat 2,561 more a week but eat more on certain days than other and I'll lose weight? I'm sorry but this seems like BS as of right now, but I'll look into it more.

Well MFP says you net 10,360 calories a week, so you may actually eat more because you are eating back exercise calories. With zig zagging you do not eat you are not eating your exercise calories so you are probably netting less.

MFP- net calories not total consumed
    This- total consumed

Actually I went with little to no exercise (desk job) and it said that. That's why I'm saying BS.

Have you checked the "Eat more weight less" group here on mfp? For me it didn't work but I didn't gain either. It works for a lot of people that work out really hard.
    If you are losing weight the way that mfp has you set up then don't worry, but if you hit a plateau, give calorie zig-zag a chance. It's the only thing that has worked for my metabolism.
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I've been having a hard time losing so hopefully this will help
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I'm definately going to save it for when my weight loss slows down or stalls. Thanks :)
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Great site. Thanks for sharing!
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    I wonder if the totals it gives includes calories eaten back from exercise (when I plug in exercise 3x per week) or if it's net calories before workout calories are eaten back.

It has my daily low at 1792, which is a couple hundred more than MFP calculated my daily intake.

The zig-zag schedule has already counted your exercise so 1792 is your net number for your low day. Hope that helps!
  • JessV_83
    JessV_83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Makes sense.
    xx
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    An easier way to do this would be. 1. Get a pen and paper, write down the zigzag plan you have been given. 2 only eat what the plan tells you no more no less. 3 forget about using mfp to log exercise, the plan you wrote down will already have accounted for it. 4 Use mfp mealy as a tool to track/meet the daily calorie requirements set out in the zig zag plan. How hard can it be really :laugh:

Because that would be too simple. :laugh: :tongue:
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 3145 2664 2664
    Tuesday 2664 2664 2664
    Wednesday 3774 3197 3197
    Thursday 3145 2664 2664
    Friday 2831 2664 2664
    Saturday 3460 2931 2931
    Sunday 3145 2664 2664

There is no way I'd eat this many calories in one day...yikes that would be going back to my normal way of life. Hummmm I think I can figure it out to fit in with my new way of life. Cheese and rice that's a crap load of calories. I can cut it all in half, which may work for me..hummmmm

I know! It's so hard to eat clean and get those numbers! brown rice and quinoa are super healthy and have quite a bit of calories, you could also go for lean meat cuts, fish and chicken of course.
    Give it a chance, you can figure out a way to make it work!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • Nenabobena
    Options
    Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 3145 2664 2664
    Tuesday 2664 2664 2664
    Wednesday 3774 3197 3197
    Thursday 3145 2664 2664
    Friday 2831 2664 2664
    Saturday 3460 2931 2931
    Sunday 3145 2664 2664

There is no way I'd eat this many calories in one day...yikes that would be going back to my normal way of life. Hummmm I think I can figure it out to fit in with my new way of life. Cheese and rice that's a crap load of calories. I can cut it all in half, which may work for me..hummmmm

I call BS on this too! Its saying I should eat 2500 more calories than MFP. That's picking no exercise on this plan. BS I tell you!

EDIT: Not calling BS on you just the websites numbers lol

I promise I would have been right there with you 5 weeks ago. I only did it because after a 2 month plateau I was desperate. I had little faith in it. I'm still in shock that i works. I waited 5 weeks to make the post here because I had to be sure that it does work.
  • Faerille326
    Options
    bump in case I plateau at some point... may be helpful.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you for sharing! I am currently trying the every other day diet to try and break my platue, but this one seems to be really doable!! Will def give it a whirl, as I too seem to want to hang on to every fat cell for dear life! Been working at this for months with little sucess!!
  • saraichka
    saraichka Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump!