40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,995 Member
    Options
    Stage 5 is DONE. I KILLED IT. And, I managed to break 100 lbs. with my wide-bar lat pulldown, today.

THAT. MAKES. ME. VERY. HAPPY.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'll be 42 this month on 6/30. At my high school / college weight and been running regularly and doing obstacle races like Tough Mudder, Warrior Dash, Rugged Maniac, etc... Recently started Stronglifts 5x5 so I can focus more on strength training. I'll still run once or twice a week though to keep in the groove of it.

I also got a late start on having kids. Have a son that will be 2 next month and a daughter due this month. So that helps keep me young and is also a big reason I want to stay healthy. Mine and my kids' birthdays will all be within about a 2 week period. Pool parties!
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    46 next week! Life only gets better. I have three teenagers - 19 yos, 17 yos, and 15 yod. Life is busy - full-time job which involves travel and a husband who is gone every other week for his job. I love exercising! I spin, run, swim, and lift.
    This year I have decided I don't like cold water and it is ok if I don't want to swim at 6:15 am after our 6 mile run when the water is cold. And, cool as I am, I am not feeling guilty about it this year! That is a huge success for me.
    It is nice to hang out with the Cool Kids!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    The sun is shining....I hope to get outside for a walk at lunch. If not that, then off to the gym for HIIT, abs and stretching. Kill it today, you 40+-ers!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

I haven't been around much either...starting at the end of May through the beginning of July, it's a nonstop wave of family birthdays! Planning my little girl's 3rd birthday party for the end of this month. She chose "Tangled" as the theme. :smile:

I've signed up for a 5K color run in August (where they pelt you with colored powder at every kilometer) and a 5K mud/obstacle run in October. We did the mud run last year, it was a blast! Guess I'll need to start running again soon in preparation...:embarassed:

that colour run sounds like a hoot! As does the mud run. :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Stage 5 is DONE. I KILLED IT. And, I managed to break 100 lbs. with my wide-bar lat pulldown, today.

THAT. MAKES. ME. VERY. HAPPY.

Congratulations!!!!:drinker:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all

Welcome to all the newcomers!1 So nice to see new faces on the thread. :happy:
    you all look like some pretty cool kids. :wink:

I did not get a run in yesterday, but I did manage to squeeze in P90X Plyo. That workout kicked my butt!! I left a puddle on my living room floor. Honestly, even my knees were sweating. :tongue:

I had purchased the P90X set from ebay a couple of years ago and only started doing them this past winter, only to find out many of the DVDs did not work well or at all. Plyo being one that didn't work at all. So....I broke down and bought a new set, so this was the first time I did the Plyo workout. Needless to say I am stiff and sore today and have a 12 mile run on my schedule for tonight. Sure hope I can do it. :laugh:

Sun is shining and it is lookin like summah out there. :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I've heard nothing but good things about P90X, sdereski - good for you! sounds like you worked it OUT!

Today, i walked outside, in the sunshine, for an HOUR over my lunch. No, I didn't get in my HIIT. No, I didn't get in my abs. No, I didn't get in my stretching. But, the sun was BEGGING me to pay homage....and I *did*.

:smile:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Well, I got my run in - but I wasso stiff and sore, and am still stiff and sore. I really need to get a good stretch in tonight, as I have a REALLY long run tomorrow. :tongue:

Beeps - is that you in the picture? Wow - looking good my friend.Love the hair!

I would have walked for an hour in that sunshine as well. Our season is so short here, we need to take advantage whenever we can.

Hope everyone is having a great day. :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Yes, the pic is me. The photo is about 5-6 years old (i.e. BEFORE I turned 40, lol!) My arms look MUCH better, now. I'd like to do a re-do of this pose just to SHOW how much my shape has improved!

I am off to see my personal trainer. He is going to walk me through the Stage 6 moves that I am *not* familiar with (yet!) and then, on Monday, I'm gonna start Stage 6 ON MY OWN.

I am VERY excited!

sdereski - stretching will be SO key. Maybe stretch mid-day and then, AGAIN, tonight! Good luck on your long run....I *know* you'll bang it out - you are SUCH an awesome runner!
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Excellent week for me. 5 days of strength training and 5 days of cardio. Keeping portion under control and scale is finally moving, I hope to be out of 108-110. 2 early mornings around 2am feeling freaking hungry! It certainly is worth it since I put 12 pounds two years ago and the last 6-8 months weight fluctuating.

I will celebrate Wednesday, I am mentally giving myself to be 107 for 4 days straight before jumping for happyness!!!
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I also had a good week. I started consciously increasing my protein and now the scale has finally budged again!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Congrats to all of you - Beeps for starting Stage 6!! Still need to get that book!

bikinsuited - wow! you must be a tiny little thing. I think the last time I weighed that much I was 10. :laugh:

tenunderfour - WTG! Congrats on a good week!!

Did an upper body workout today - I just can't do a pull up yet. I just seem to hang there like a rag doll. :tongue:
    I know I have to lose some pounds before I can pull myself up. :grumble:
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Congrats to all of you - Beeps for starting Stage 6!! Still need to get that book!

bikinsuited - wow! you must be a tiny little thing. I think the last time I weighed that much I was 10. :laugh:

tenunderfour - WTG! Congrats on a good week!!

Did an upper body workout today - I just can't do a pull up yet. I just seem to hang there like a rag doll. :tongue:
    I know I have to lose some pounds before I can pull myself up. :grumble:

Very sweet of you! Today I had a cheat day which means I have to extra cardio tomorrow... Pull ups are hard, I would try to incorporate more push-ups. You will get there when you build on your strength! :drinker:
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    I've heard nothing but good things about P90X, sdereski - good for you! sounds like you worked it OUT!

Today, i walked outside, in the sunshine, for an HOUR over my lunch. No, I didn't get in my HIIT. No, I didn't get in my abs. No, I didn't get in my stretching. But, the sun was BEGGING me to pay homage....and I *did*.

:smile:

Excellent job Beeps! Variation is the key to staying motivated.
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    Happy Saturday to all my inspirational 40+ club! I am heading to Brazilian Butt Lift Program + elliptical. Great weekend everyone!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Bikini - what do you think of the Brazilian Butt lift workout? I am so tempted to try it, as my butt could use some lifting. :laugh:

Well, I did my run today! Felt pretty good and actually feel pretty darn good right now. The ice bath (well sitting in Lake Superior) really does help.
    10miles tomorrow - that is the tough one! Running on fatigued legs. :tongue:

Hope everyone is having a great day. Beautiful sunshine here today. :flowerforyou:
  • bikinisuited
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker:
    Bikini - what do you think of the Brazilian Butt lift workout? I am so tempted to try it, as my butt could use some lifting. :laugh:

Well, I did my run today! Felt pretty good and actually feel pretty darn good right now. The ice bath (well sitting in Lake Superior) really does help.
    10miles tomorrow - that is the tough one! Running on fatigued legs. :tongue:

Hope everyone is having a great day. Beautiful sunshine here today. :flowerforyou:

I am loving the program, I am finally getting my butt lifted and folded lines between thights and buttocks is less. Great workout with variation of lunges and squats. Great to know you had a nice run and enjoying the weather!

By the way, I completed over 600 minutes of cardio and strength training this week and finally broke my plateau after 6 months of trying!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

I am so HAPPY, I will log in my weigh-in tomorrow! Hope my scale number stays the same for the next two days!!!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    600 minute?? Wow. I can honestly say I do not want to dedicate that much time to my fitness pursuits....sounds like my olden days of TOO MUCH CARDIO.

Then again - it works for you! So, keep at it, bikini!

I did get in all my work-outs over the weekend and it is supposed to rain all week, here, so I'm sure I'll make it to the gym, as scheduled. Because my shoulder/neck/back area is wrecked (again!), I think I'll start with workout "B" and then try for workout "A" on Wednesday....workout "A" has the negative chin-ups and I doubt I'll be able to do them (today) because of my injury, but am hoping the kinks have subsided enough that I can get it done on Wednesday.
  • sdereski
    Options
    :
    [/quote]

I am loving the program, I am finally getting my butt lifted and folded lines between thights and buttocks is less. Great workout with variation of lunges and squats. Great to know you had a nice run and enjoying the weather!

By the way, I completed over 600 minutes of cardio and strength training this week and finally broke my plateau after 6 months of trying!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

I am so HAPPY, I will log in my weigh-in tomorrow! Hope my scale number stays the same for the next two days!!!!
    [/quote]

600 minutes!?!?!?
    Well no wonder you can rock a bikini and your butt is looking fine. :happy:
    I think that's amazing. WTG!!:drinker: