Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I use to have this spice called Seazun (or something like that) that I loved to put on it. It made it taste awesome. That was years ago and can't find it anymore. :frown:
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My fav way to eat cottage cheese is with real Canadian maple syrup mixed in. I have a sweet tooth and that satisfies with a natural sugar.

I have also mixed apple butter into it. Not sure if you can get that in the US, but it's a big thing here. All natural ingredients, and just as yummy paired with natural peanut butter on toast!
  • Summersadiva
    Summersadiva Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Fresh ground pepper works for me.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese topped with 2 tbsp oats, mixed berries and manuka honey.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Theres gotta be something healthy I can mix into it that will change the taste and hide the constancy.

Any thoughts?

I use 1/2 cup cottage cheese (small curd)
    1/4-1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or any flavor you like)
    1 tsp splenda
    mix or blend to combine

Also you can use pumpkin pie spice or cinnimon instead of extract.
  • celtictechie
    Options
    Pepper. Plain old, on your table black pepper.
  • xoFlo
    xoFlo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle McCormick Salad Supreme seasoning on top. Yum.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know cottage cheese is good for hyou and I have tried incorporating into my diet a few times but I just can not get over the taste and the texture.

Theres gotta be something healthy I can mix into it that will change the taste and hide the constancy.

Any thoughts?

i hear it does not melt easy. i myself am new to eating it, been looking online. I saw a debate over being able to get it to melt. One lady claimed she made mac n cheese from it, another a white cheese sauce. try mixing it in stuff. i added it to tomato soup, but it still did not melt. you could try blending it in a blender.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    If you're not into the texture of the curds, you can throw it in the blender and make it creamy -- then use it in place of mayonnaise in pretty much everything. spread on sandwiches or mix in tuna/chicken salad with a little pepper. surprisingly delicious.

Never thought about doing that! Interesting...

I like cottage cheese just the way it is... sometimes I'll sprinkle some pepper on top.

People I know add fruit to it which to me sounds kinda nasty, but to each it's own
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    bump!
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese (only 2% lowfat and small curd) on toasted whole wheat English muffins.
  • JoannaKemmerer
    Options
    I am totally addicted to cottage cheese with Triscuits Garden Herb. With the seasoning on the crackers, it pumps up the taste of the coltage chesse and it's a lunch that I look forward to eating!!!
  • Jamee_J
    Jamee_J Posts: 63
    Options
    I sometimes will add anywhere from 1/8-1/2 tsp. of a packet of ranch dressing to 3/4 c. cottage cheese and use it to dip my veggies in. I have a hard time with the texture and taste as well, this helps me it eat. And only adding that much of the packet you really don't go to high in the sodium:)
  • kathy68820
    kathy68820 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Simply Kraft also. Don't know what they do to make it so much better, but I can tell the difference....
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to dip baked potato chips and then top them with crystal hot sauce. Even my seven year old little sister loves it. I think using it as a dip or in a smoothie would help instead of just plain
  • lady_in_weighting
    lady_in_weighting Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    mix in ketchup. its a WINNER!
  • Mehassman
    Mehassman Posts: 1
    Options
    Try with cut up cucumbers in it for a fresh summer salad!
  • jessica0danielle
    jessica0danielle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Laserwife
    Laserwife Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a salt fiend, so I like to put a little lo-sodium soy sauce in my cottage cheese. Delicious!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Ground cinnamon! :)