Nice arms

Options
124»

Replies

• dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    INSANE INSANITY BABY!!!!!! I got great results doing the workouts and also doing my Kettle Bell training! Good luck!!!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    pushups, dumbell kickbacks and speed bag
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Press, squats, lunges, and deadlifts for arms? I don't think so Tim.
    Deadlift 2x bodyweight or more for reps and tell me it doesn't work your arms.
    I did make the assumption that the OP was thinking primarily about upper arms, I'm definitely not doubting that deadlifts require a strong grip. As for presses, they primarily work shoulders, which I rarely see mentioned as a part of the arm. Next time I'll be sure to spell everything out for you guys.

So please, since I'm so very ignorant. Tell me exactly how I built my biceps and triceps without ever directly working them...performing nothing but compound lifts, including rows and presses?
    You just answered your own question... rows and presses. I never said rows didn't do anything for your arms. I'll also go so far to assume you also bench press, which also works your triceps.

However, if your squats have built up your arms, I'm afraid I can't explain that.

Funny, you included presses in your little sarcastic comment. It's quoted above. Now they work arms too? And out of curiosity, what do you use to stabilize all that weight when you're squatting? Your ego?

And yes, I know why my arms are like they are. I was just curious what your all knowing opinion on it was.
    Your arms hold the bar down during a squat, not up. (As an afterthought, the only reason you'd be working your arms hard is if you wrap your thumb around the bar.)

With presses, I also didn't say they don't work your arms at all. Compared to bench press however, I'd consider bench press to be more effective with your arms. And there's the apparent disagreement over whether your shoulder is part of your arm.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    p90x for me! it has done amazing things for my arms, shoulders, back ..... ummm lets make that WHOLE body amazingness!

Its so good that I'm now on my second round :)
  • oOTaraOo
    oOTaraOo Posts: 29
    Options
    I love how a lot of the guys think it is not possible for us females to have arms like that without steriods.... sorry but that is absolute bullsh*t.

I rockclimb 3 days a week and have nicely toned arms. I want to get bigger biceps but have had a shoulder injury so haven't been able to concentrate on weight training yet - but I will and they will look like that. I have a LOT of female friends who do either rockclimbing or pole dancing who have bigger biceps than a lot of guys I know - and none of them do steroids.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I love how a lot of the guys think it is not possible for us females to have arms like that without steriods.... sorry but that is absolute bullsh*t.

I rockclimb 3 days a week and have nicely toned arms. I want to get bigger biceps but have had a shoulder injury so haven't been able to concentrate on weight training yet - but I will and they will look like that. I have a LOT of female friends who do either rockclimbing or pole dancing who have bigger biceps than a lot of guys I know - and none of them do steroids.

May we see pictures? I know a few rock climbers...and have known my share of pole dancers. I've never known one with biceps proportionally bigger than mine (I'm 5'7)...or in my personal experience...bigger period.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy. Heavy lifting activates more muscle and increases in "hardening" it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • oOTaraOo
    Options

May we see pictures? I know a few rock climbers...and have known my share of pole dancers. I've never known one with biceps proportionally bigger than mine (I'm 5'7)...or in my personal experience...bigger period.

This is one photo I can find online but she is not flexing her bicep completely - it really pops up when she does. I am looking if there are any climbing ones online of my other friends.

2168185_3455982.jpg
  • oOTaraOo
    Options
    Here is one of the rock climbing ones - best I could find but not her in full flex. No steriods here.

6528875889_1216dd774d_z.jpg
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Compound upper body movements (Bench press, press, rows, etc.) will definitely work your arms, but there's nothing wrong with adding isolation on top of that.

Squats and lunges, while excellent for your legs and core, won't do jack ****.
    This.
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    Barring using steriods it is pretty close to physically impossible for you to get much bigger than that. Even if you were to embark on a hardcore hypertrophy program and the huge food intake to support it.

The 3 best exercises one can do are squats, pushups, and pullups.

A doorway mounted pullup bar will do far more for you than some dumbells.
    If you are working out at home, push ups and plank push ups are awesome arm and shoulder toners.

Pushing should always be balanced with pulling though as it works totally different muscles.
    No offense but why would you tell her that she cannot get any bigger arms without steroids??? That has to be the most uneducated thing I have heard in a while, she is not going to look like Layne Norton or Ronnie Coleman but she can build a nice set of biceps with a great peak and definition. I dont really think you need to passing out exercise advice man, not trying to be an *kitten* but her guns look better than your for being "guy". Dont forget to work the Tricep its 75% of the arm. Lift heavy and good luck

ChrisA Dem guns look good man!
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Barring using steriods it is pretty close to physically impossible for you to get much bigger than that. Even if you were to embark on a hardcore hypertrophy program and the huge food intake to support it.

The 3 best exercises one can do are squats, pushups, and pullups.

A doorway mounted pullup bar will do far more for you than some dumbells.
    If you are working out at home, push ups and plank push ups are awesome arm and shoulder toners.

Pushing should always be balanced with pulling though as it works totally different muscles.
    No offense but why would you tell her that she cannot get any bigger arms without steroids??? That has to be the most uneducated thing I have heard in a while, she is not going to look like Layne Norton or Ronnie Coleman but she can build a nice set of biceps with a great peak and definition. I dont really think you need to passing out exercise advice man, not trying to be an *kitten* but her guns look better than your for being "guy". Dont forget to work the Tricep its 75% of the arm. Lift heavy and good luck

ChrisA Dem guns look good man!

Perhaps you missed the picture in her post.....

264023596875023136_GeFc8HqY_f.jpg

That is pretty close to the natural limit for most females. Most females definitely aren't getting bigger than that without knowing what they doing and specifically training for and eating for hypertrophy.

My arms are bigger than that. Curious why you'd make fun of the size of my arms. Insecurity?
  • _Refried_
    Options
    Barring using steriods it is pretty close to physically impossible for you to get much bigger than that.
    That is pretty close to the natural limit for most females. Most females definitely aren't getting bigger than that without knowing what they doing and specifically training for and eating for hypertrophy.
    [/quote]
    First you said they need steroids for anything bigger than what is pictured, now you are saying "Most females definitely aren't getting bigger than that without knowing what they doing and specifically training for and eating for hypertrophy" Which one is it?

And no I am not insecure about my arms
  • _Refried_
    Options
    Double post oops
  • _Refried_
    Options
    First quote
    Barring using steriods it is pretty close to physically impossible for you to get much bigger than that.
    Then you said
    First you said they need steroids for anything bigger than what is pictured, now you are saying "Most females definitely aren't getting bigger than that without knowing what they doing and specifically training for and eating for hypertrophy" Which one is it?

• juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    arm.jpg

try rowing about 2000m on arm days, and see where that takes ya ;)

also, LIFT. THOSE. MOTHERF*$#^@. WEIGHTS. :bigsmile:
    MY HERO!! *friend req sent*
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    First quote
    Then you said

For real are you just trolling to argue. What don't you understand about physical natural limits. Even in most guys their natural limit isn't all that high. Women don't have to worry about getting too bulky, period, it isn't something that accidentally happens (obv there are a few rare exceptions, but not many). Yes a natural female can get bigger than that picture. It takes years of work and bulking/cutting with their diet.

To get to 75% of your natural limit (about like that picture) is not overly difficult, a year or two of weightlifting and eating at least somewhat to support it will get you there, to get beyond 90% of your natural limit takes many years/decades of dedication to that goal. Or steroids.

How many women are seriously willing to eat a big high protein calorie surplus purposely to put on weight (and do so for years), knowing that fat comes right along with the muscle? And live in the weightroom.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    First quote
    Then you said

For real are you just trolling to argue. What don't you understand about physical natural limits. Even in most guys their natural limit isn't all that high. Women don't have to worry about getting too bulky, period, it isn't something that accidentally happens (obv there are a few rare exceptions, but not many). Yes a natural female can get bigger than that picture. It takes years of work and bulking/cutting with your diet. To get to 75% of your natural limit is not overly difficult, a year or two of working out and eating at least somewhat to support it will get you there, to get beyond 90% of your natural limit takes many years/decades of dedication to that goal. Or steroids.

Nope.

If you pick up anything over 3 lbs, you're gonna look like this.

1241887517028e.jpg

(notsrs)
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do pull-ups, push-ups and lift heavy
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    arm.jpg

try rowing about 2000m on arm days, and see where that takes ya ;)

also, LIFT. THOSE. MOTHERF*$#^@. WEIGHTS. :bigsmile:

Beautiful!! Loves it!