LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and I too am going through menopause. I started this in Feb 2012 and have lost 19 pounds as what I did before wasn't working any more so yes this has been the best thing I ever did. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • luvmex22
    luvmex22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello,

Seeking some pals for support and fitness support.

Blessings all,
    Maria
  • luvmex22
    luvmex22 Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel you on that one...My name is Maria and I'm seeking pals for support.

Maria
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    43 here! :) Anyone is welcome to add me that both want and gives support and encouragement! :)
  • justjen0117
    Options
    I'm 41. Feel free to add me too!

No menopause but I have hellacious PMS for about 2 weeks. I was actually diagnosed with PMDD.....along with hypothyroidism. It's absolutely not fun trying to lose weight!
  • amgchick
    amgchick Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and totally feel the same way. In your 40's you have different challenges concerning weight, menopause and what you can and shouldn't eat. I would love the support. I only recently found a way to get on track and am now trying to stay there. Feel free to friend me. Let's share experiences and help each other! I look forward to chatting and getting to know you!

Stacie (amgchick)
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Well, I'll be 40 in about 6 weeks, do I count? LoL. Feel free to add me!
  • jillakd
    jillakd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. I will be turning 50 this summer,arrghh. Definitely so difficult to lose lbs.will continue to fight the battle!!! add me.
  • Spikey172
    Spikey172 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Am also 46 years old and can see the changes happening to my body. I have always been able to eat what I pleased without really thinking about my weight but in recent years have noticed the odd kilo creeping on.

I am only needing to lose another couple of kilos but it is hard work (especially as I have three teenage daughters who love my baking!!!)

Please feel free to add me :)
  • maryatpt
    maryatpt Posts: 21
    Options
    I know what you mean. I will be 46 next two weeks and I had to partial hysterectomy last year. I think I'm going through menopause early too. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 42 ... In the same boat, I will add you ! (Others who replied feel free to add me as well)
  • MarvyMarissa
    Options
    You can add me. I am 45 and don't have any friend on here yet. It would be nice have support and be accountable. :happy:
  • jap1148
    jap1148 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well...53 and struggling to lose the same 30 pounds...or more! Never give up!
  • mrsdivershelly
    Options
    :smile: Add me too! I need all the help I can get! Always struggled with my weight and since I had my baby its really hard! I'll be 45 in Nov and want to lose 25 lbs! asap!!!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joy I have just turned 41 and am actually in better shape than I was in my 30s. It has been a struggle however and has taken lots of hard work but I am fitter than i have ever been in my life. Feel free to add me.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hi there I would like some more friends particularly some around my aged but God I was hoping it was a call for some lover of 40somethings lol!!!!! the menopause may be here but my oh my desire is too :)))))))
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Feel free to add me everyone! I'm 44 yrs old and had a stroke 3 years ago. Big change in metabolism! I've lost about 13 lbs altogether but that took months! I'm still losing very slowly but it is coming off and I do notice the metabolism starting to improve.
  • lou1618
    lou1618 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    u can add me if u like. I'm 49 had a partial hysterectomy a couple of years ago.
  • smokingmama
    Options
    hi val have read your blog i to am over 40 have been struggling with my weigh also have lost 18.2 lbs so far would love some new pals to for motivation i am lucky have a gym and swimming pool in my building have been using it daily for the last 2 mths have lost some but not as fast as i would like to so maybe we can work on this 2 gether i am from ottawa ont and welcome u as a pal take care
    all the luck u can do this
  • jodyg1313
    jodyg1313 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and my hormone fluctuations were a big reason why I started on this site. It was that or hormone replacement, which was my doctors recommendation. Good luck with your goals and I will be rooting for you!