Biggest Loser is back :D

Options

Replies

• Pcarolln
    Options
    There is something definitely wrong with Tracey. The lights are on but she is not at home. She is the show biggest "B".

There is something not quite right about Shay and the family. I think she could beneift having counseling. She just can't get over the loss of her mother and the life her mother lead. There are a lot of emotions going on that the viewers will not hear.

Jillian got on my nerves tonight. Does anyone no if she has a boyfriend? I guess she wouldn't have time for one being on the show. I think she need to get a life too.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    Is she the one that the son would go to the gym with her for support.? I do think this is the most crying group of contestants that I can remember.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    What is it with contestants saying they're okay with going home?! No, that's not okay...that's like quitting.

I know her situation was a little different, but I was bummed to see Abby basically volunteer to go, I liked her a lot and was hoping she'd go all the way.
  • toots99
    Options
    I do think this is the most crying group of contestants that I can remember.

YES! Oh my goodness...I know Abby's story is sad, and I'm a very emotional person...but wow. There's a lot of sobbing on every episode.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options

Jillian got on my nerves tonight. Does anyone no if she has a boyfriend?

It's rumored that she's gay.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

She has a girlfriend. Idk what her name is, I've heard it before, her GF is also a Trainer I think, or maybe an actress? I can't remember.
  • Shelley130
    Options

She has a girlfriend. Idk what her name is, I've heard it before, her GF is also a Trainer I think, or maybe an actress? I can't remember.

Nope, just a tomboy. She talks about boyfriend on her radio show. They used to live together but he couldn't handle the long work hours so she moved out. Now they are "managing" (her words) and still together.
    The trainer your thinking of is her business partner. They met after she had a baby in 2002 and hired Jillian as her trainer. Now they are co-owners of a gym/spa.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Me too!!

And this :sad: was me thru the last 30 minutes of the show. :sad:

I think millions of people were crying at the same time last night.
    Very sad story, but glad to see she got her spark back.

It sucks to see someone volunteer to go home, but she knows the others need to stay more than herself.

Shay, yep she has some problems that I hope she will get counseling and get better. (closet, omg)

I know some people don't like Jillian.
    Some people wouldn't get to the root of their problems if it wasn't for her. She can sense it and drive at it until you break.

At the same time, I've had enough with Amanda's whining all the time.

Rudy, Wow.. 101 lbs in 7 weeks.
  • Shelley130
    Options
    Me too!!

And this :sad: was me thru the last 30 minutes of the show. :sad:

I think millions of people were crying at the same time last night.
    Very sad story, but glad to see she got her spark back.

It sucks to see someone volunteer to go home, but she knows the others need to stay more than herself.

Shay, yep she has some problems that I hope she will get counseling and get better. (closet, omg)

I know some people don't like Jillian.
    Some people wouldn't get to the root of their problems if it wasn't for her. She can sense it and drive at it until you break.

At the same time, I've had enough with Amanda's whining all the time.

Rudy, Wow.. 101 lbs in 7 weeks.

Wow... i thought I was the biggest fan.... I think I have some competition.

Did you see the new BL game for Wii?
    I think that would be soooo much fun.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Jillian got her whole black team sobbing this last chance workout and during the week and LOOK what it did to the numbers!!!!!! Too much stressing them out Jill.

Laura
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with stress. I think it has everything to do with the people in her group.
    (this doesn't mean I dismiss stress, I just think there are similar stress levels for all the people on this show, and 1/2 an hour of raised cortisol levels doesn't ruin a week of workouts).

I watch this show with a very critical eye. And I notice things about it many people don't. I don't get caught up in the drama simply because...well... EVERYONE has a story, theirs might be sad, true, but it's the same all over, so I kind of tune it out.

What I do see is her group has a lot of "non-athletes". By that I mean, people who never have trained their muscles to do anything but walk. Notice who the big losers always are on this show (not just this year, but in years past), in the beginning it's always the people who were once athletes. Why? My theory is there's 3 reasons for it. 1) their muscles already have experienced the processes that the show is asking of them to a degree, while it might be dormant, these muscles do remember. 2) mentally, athletes know inherently that they can push harder than they think they can, it may be subconscious, or it may be overt, but people who were once athletes push harder out of the gate. and 3) These people probably gained fat later in their life, which means less compression in the fat cells, which less density of the fat cells, which means faster burning of fat stores.

NOW,
    does this mean they'll always have bigger losses? NOPE, about 1/2 way through, the numbers start to even out, and when those numbers even out the real challenge begins.

Watch the show closely, notice Daniel in particular, he's never been an athlete, and when you watch him perform challenges, even though he's about the same weight and height as Allen, he's much slower, and less effective in them. It's because he never used his muscles like Allen has, he might be just as strong, but the flexibility isn't there, the ease of movement. This doesn't mean Daniel can't get there, it just means he has a way to go to train his muscles to move fluidly, quickly, and adaptively. There's a lot to be said for the concept of fast twitch muscles. They take a long time to build, but they are THE biggest factor in being able to perform higher intensity activities (along with core). And high intensity is one of the keys to forcing dynamic body changes.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Rudy's like in the background and kicking butt!!!! I am so sad to see Abby go - I think Daniel either needs to step it up or go home....

Shay needs more than just this show to get past her past - like Jillian said she's been a victim and she needs to realize that. Poor thing!
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    I agree with everyones comments. I even got choked up at the end with Shay and Abby.

I went from liking Liz to this week yelling at her to shut the hell up.

Shboss you make a very good point and I would have to agree after flashing back to the challenge.

Say what you want about Jillian but I think I would do better under her. I would want to kill her, but she would be the style I needed.
  • toots99
    Options
    Say what you want about Jillian but I think I would do better under her. I would want to kill her, but she would be the style I needed.

Me too! Though Bob is a hardass too! :laugh:
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    I hear that Jillian may not return to BL next season. She will have her own show called "Losing It with Jillian" She will live with a family for a week and help them learn how to lose weight, how to buy food, etc. It will not be a game show. More like a counselor. Show will be on 2010.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I hear that Jillian may not return to BL next season. She will have her own show called "Losing It with Jillian" She will live with a family for a week and help them learn how to lose weight, how to buy food, etc. It will not be a game show. More like a counselor. Show will be on 2010.

Jillian is going to do both. They've already shot BL 9 or are just finishing it up now and BL 10 is coming up soon too. I think Jillians show will premier next summer after BL 9 finishes, not 100% on that. I would love for her to come live with me for a week - but she would definately kill me! :laugh: :laugh:

So sad to see Abby go home last night... I was really rooting for her and thought she would go far. I was hoping they would all think like Danny and send Daniel home. He's been there for 2 seasons, I love him to death, but give other contestants their chance and stop hogging the limelight.

I have a feeling they will bring Shay back for another season, like they did with Daniel. And whats with Liz lately? She turned from sweet country lady to vengeful country lady.... I know she has her thing with Tracey, but jeez...she's acting like everyone there has stabbed her in the back.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    It seems like she and Tracey are actually getting closer...hmmmm....
  • SturgeonGal
    Options
    I don't have cable anymore. Does anyone know if full episodes are available online? :happy:

Yes they are on NBC but you are always a week behind also on MSN.com under TV agai nthe episode for the previous week is available on Tuesday.. that is how I watch it my family is not into the show but I find it extremely motivating
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I agree - Liz has turned into someone I don't really like, she just seems so much about herself and so negative. I understand it is a competition but come on.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    I think Abby will be fine now that she know what she want to do. I see her meeting a nice man and getting another chance for happiness. Hope that the show will go well for Jillian. Makes sense that she will do her show over the summer months that BL is now on. Wonder how Jillian got a deal like that. I wonder if Bob has been offered any show deals. When Tracey split Liz from her partner when she chose the blue and black team, Liz said then that she was going to be nice to Tracey, but she was really going after her. i wonder if they ask some of the contestant to do this to keep the show interesting. :laugh: