Would you get a massage from...

Options
124»

Replies

• CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just got a lower body massage today from a guy. He was an old asian though. AND JESUS it was a great massage lol.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've never been to a message place, but If I ever did I think I would prefer a male.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I would prefer a male
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm used to having massage from a female therapist (there are only female massage therapists in the rural town I live in), however when I went on a cruise in the Greek Islands, I said to the coordinator that I didn't mind if a male massaged me. I'm a very shy person and have always preferred female medics (and have never had a relationship, thus the shyness about body), but for some reason I figured "Heck, I'll never see this guy again, let's do it." Without a doubt, the male therapist gave one of the best massages I've ever had.
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    When you hire a PROFESSIONAL massage therapist, is like going to a doctor (male or female) that will look at the client as what he or she is, a client, someone who is paying for therapeutic services (even if therapy is not the intention) and nothing more. Being a massage therapist myself, I understand the whole trust issue about any improper behavior that some pervs have given male therapists a bad name.

To start with, the therapist must always offer draping unless the modality offered uses minimum draping. In those cases, the therapist has to let the client know ahead of time to avoid confusion. And although draping is not mandatory, it is the client's choice and not the therapist's to decide whether or not the draping will be used.

Before my first session with a client, the client must fill out an intake form, which I go over it again when they are done filling it out where I ask in a section, what body parts listed in the form the client doesn't want me to massage. This way I give the client the opportunity to not feel like they are forced to anything.

Anyway, in my case I don't mind getting massages from either a male or a female. And about males being better at deep tissue, that's only the case when the female therapist doesn't know proper body mechanics. A therapist with proper knowledge will know that muscle isn't the the tool for more pressure, but proper body mechanics and body weight :smile:

I could not have said it better myself!
  • jerbear67
    jerbear67 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    no I wouldnt because that would be gay.

That's the most insecure and ridiculous way of thinking right there. And I won't really say what else I think because you'll probably get offended and the big bad wolf, I mean moderator of the forum would punish me lol

THANK YOU! I was typing a response myself then when I re-read it I had to cancel it because big brother would have come after me. I noticed several response to this affect, I can't believe there are so many insecure men out there.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    they way my body feels today i would gladly take a massage from anyone :D
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of deep tissue massages from a male therapist. I felt more comfortable swearing at him than a woman :laugh:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't bother me, but I'm the girl who's had her bikini wax done by a man. Shameless thats what I am.:laugh:
  • SanniHope
    SanniHope Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm glad my wife wasn't afraid to get a massage from a man. That's how I met her 23 years ago.

That's sooo sweet <3
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't mind getting massages from men. If their cute it's even better hahaha
  • susieeasterwood
    Options
    Somehow males just don't go for men with their hands on them. But u did the right thing, it is medical and it is beneficial especially to someone who has been in a car wreck. U keep getting those massages they are good for your body and besides if the massuse has been at it long enough he knows what he is doing. U r right deep tissue is the best but be careful u shouldn't feel too sore afterwards.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    no I wouldnt because that would be gay.

That's the most insecure and ridiculous way of thinking right there. And I won't really say what else I think because you'll probably get offended and the big bad wolf, I mean moderator of the forum would punish me lol

I couldn't agree more. It is ridiculous and throws up more red flags than.... well... anything.

Although at this moment I would enjoy one to an enormous degree from either.... my preference is male, it is a no brainer.

I understand what you say about technique and that gender shouldn't matter if trained properly, but I have been through a lot of messages for neck and back issues and (sweeping generalization to follow) men are always better at it. I have only had 1 good female. The others rely on shoving their bony fingers into me or leveraging elbows and other pressure simulating crutches. Bigger stronger hands that can both provide power AND gentle at the same moment is something I have (to date) only found in males.

Perhaps it is all related to my sample population... but i'm not convinced yet.

As for the insecure guys... isn't the fact that a non-erotic message is supposed to be therapeutic non-sexual and accomplish a physical goal the exact reason why a male... well... never mind. Finish the thought yourself.

**response to other thoughts i've read: - I can see why women want a female OBGYN. I had issues that required visits to Urologists. I greatly prefer a male for the same reason, he has the same junk and I know he looks at things in a clinical view plus a lot more understanding and compassion than a female. The one female I had gave me the impression she didn't relate and also made me uneasy because even though I know she is trained to be just as clinical, I couldn't help but feel I was being judged even though I have very nice junk. i will never understand the double standard where women prefer and expect same gender heath care but men are disturbed by it. Crazy.

As for a family doctor, mine is female and I greatly prefer that. For plain run of the mill illness I do prefer being taken care of by a woman. It is comforting.

RE: Cris - I don't know how much proctologists get paid but it probably isn't enough. I'm of the age where I should have already been scoped, but when I finally get around to it... I feel like I'll have to tip them because their job is so horrible and I actually want honest results. lol