What's your current favorite veggie?

Options

Replies

• samandlucysmum
    Options
    Cabbage, savoy or white, and brussell sprouts. All the things I hated as a kid!
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    Sweet potato. But I also recently became slightly addicted to cherry tomatoes.
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    Zuchinni and Green peppers!!! Sundays are my "off" days. I go to this hibachi place and get the hibachi chicken and extra veggies and eat like a goddess all day!
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    edamame with sea salt! technically a legume?
  • Jeepers133
    Jeepers133 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yellow squash and carrots!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Korean pickling cuccumbers with "Doenjang" which is a fermented (a lil spicy) soybean past. It sounds bland but it is delicious and filling.

My wife is from Korea and I love all the korean food she makes, the majority of it is very healthy & tasty/filling.
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Guess my vote has to go to grilled brussel sprouts drippled with olive oil, though had fresh green beans right out of garder last night. Oh how I do love those too!
  • SallyStarshine
    Options
    Baby bok choy! So crunchy and yummy in a stir fry. Broccoli, just plain organic frozen broccoli. All I do is microwave it. Kohlrabi.
  • jshashaty
    jshashaty Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower roasted @ 425 drizzled with 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and salt. Take out after 20 minutes (should be browned on top) spray with "I can't believe it's not butter" no calories.... It tastes like popcorn.

Love it.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Anything ROASTED ... particularly, sweet potato, butternut squash, fennel, garlic, broccoli and cauliflower.... :)
    All of these with EVOO and a little salt and pepper and cumin :):)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Spinach, asparagus, red bell pepper, and zuchini. All time favorites.. I will eat them any way you put them in front of me!
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    spring mix, red bell pepper, and artichokes
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    green beans - non stick spray on the baking sheet, beans on the tray, 425 degree oven for about 10 minutes - then adding a little garlic to it when the sheet is still hot... yum!!
  • MissSharkattack
    MissSharkattack Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Corn >.<
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Wax beans. But that will change next month when the sweet corn is ripe and in the market...same with the tomatoes. Nothing like Jersey corn and tomatoes!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    green beans

but i always love snow peas
  • caitlindrew422
    caitlindrew422 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Broccoli slaw and coleslaw mix for making various different salads instead of regular old lettuce!!
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I looove cucumber and zucchini!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    beets!!! Also, cabbage has been a weekly one as well
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Avocado. Any which way.

Sweet potato, sliced, drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Bake. Yum.