Body by Vi scam

Replies

• hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Scam... or cult?! :noway:

I'm starting to believe it is a cult! DRINK THE KOOL-AID!!! :huh:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    I do not wish to drink your protein, and I really won't pay for the privilege.

And THAT is what SHE said.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Am I the only one that thinks this is just a new Pyramid scheme?
    WRONG! :angry:

It's been around for a while. :smokin:
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    THANK YOU!!! It kills me to see people posting on the boards "Has anyone tried Super-Magic-Slim Pills?? Do they work??"

NO!!! THEY DON'T WORK!! Go for a run and eat something healthy!!!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    eatingtongue.gif
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I use the shakes for convenience, could I get some protein at the grocery store SURE.. Would I ever sign up to sell it NO WAY IN HECK!!! I agree, but they are all the same... shakes, candles, jewellry... the more people under you the more you make.
  • mrsjs140
    mrsjs140 Posts: 15
    I have a friend who is selling it and actually gave me free samples to try. I did it for a few days but grew very tired of it very quickly. I too feel that it's a pyramid scheme. IT WORKS in making you not want to eat. I really wanted nothing in those few days, but in the end I just didn't feel right about. Besides you know what will happen as soon as you quit them.
  • kimad
    It seems that every thread that promotes it is by someone who then tries to sell it to you. I've even had people highjack protein threads saying 'body by vi helps you loose weight'. First off, I was not asking to loose weight, I'm 5'7 and 120 lbs...I just want protein...and those shakes have far less compared to whey isolate...which is what I was asking for...shesh. A friend of mine just made a post on facebook about getting it so I logged in search of threads to show her. Unfortunately there are so many people who try and sell it.

I won't try to sell it to you, but I use it :) I just order it myself, but I have never signed up to sell and I never will
  • kimad
    here's my opinion (& rant) :grumble:

Its for people who are too lazy to be bothered learning about real nutrition and healthy eating. They're looking for that magic solution. If they did some research on actual food, they would find they can eat WAY more of that than 2 shakes a day with a 'proper meal' for dinner..... here's an idea: how about having a proper meal for EVERY meal.

I tried the slimfast 2 shake a day diet about 5 years ago. I was always hungry, even right after drinking the shake, but I foolishly thought that it would work, it had worked for thousands of other people so it had to work for me too, hunger was just something I had to learn to live with... now i know better and think WTF??? really.... that's no way to live. :noway: Besides, it did not work, no weight lost, no inches lost, actually i think i gained weight and I ended over eating once or twice a week to compensate.

What happens if they cannot afford these shakes any more, or by some miracle they all disappear overnight. All the weight that was lost, will start coming back because they don't know how to create a nutritious meal out of regular foods. Go read some books, heck even Google would be better than ignorance.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, or know everything. I still do use Carnation Instant Breakfast shake occasionally, but its more for convenience when I sleep late, its my backup plan :wink: I am a lot more satisfied with chewing my foods.

Again, just my opinions & rant. Not asking anyone else to agree with me, just letting it out of my system!. :glasses:

I don't totally agree.. I use the shake because it is convenient for me. I am a single mom of 2 kids and some mornings I don't have time to sit and eat a meal-actually I never do have the time.. So I have a shake. My nutrition otherwise is pretty good. I eat 1300 cals and I EAT ALOT becuase I choose the right foods to fill me up.
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Is it a scam? Probbaly..just like Shakeology and any other weight loss product/healthy drink oproduct. Does it work? Yes, for some, it does....it might be thre steop that they need to get healthier. Should said people FB and post about it 24/7? NO!!!!!! I get so tired of seeing it.....if you want to drink your shakes..go for it. But don't fill up my FB pages with attempts to sell.....ugghhh!!!!
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    I think it's a waste of money. I can lose weight with eating right and exercise :)
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    ok, so I've read a lot of ya'lls "rants" and I have to do mine now...

I am on the body by vi, i have tried eating healthy and working out, i have done weight watchers i have been on this site and nothing has really seemed to work for me other than me to not eat EVER AGAIN. so i'm trying them out, i've only been doing it for a week, i do it twice a day and eat another healthy meal for dinner. i still work out and still track on here. The shakes are more conv. b/c i know EXACTLY what im taking in for cals & protien a day. If i don't get a chance to pack my lunch then i have no idea what i'll fully consume. Yes you can look stuff up and track, but still....are u fully sure thats what your consuming as well?

Saying that ppl *like me* are "ignorant to nutrition" thats kinda hurtful or saying we dont know what were doing trying to find an easy way out...um no i need some extra help, and once i start losing weight i will be going back to my healthy meals 3x's a day. my motab just sucks.

No i don't push it on ppl, no i don't make ppl try to sell it for me so i can get the free product or w/e else ya'll have said. I mean its just like anything else ppl do for protien like "muscle milk" and all that junk.

SO i use it for me. if someone asks the opinion i give it, other than that i dont. Same as if ppl are like "omg why are u eating this or that" n push what they eat on me....SAME THING...just not in shake form.
  • hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    THANK YOU!!! It kills me to see people posting on the boards "Has anyone tried Super-Magic-Slim Pills?? Do they work??"

NO!!! THEY DON'T WORK!! Go for a run and eat something healthy!!!

Um.. where can I get these Super-Magic-Slim Pills, please?? :bigsmile:
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have to say I do not agree. I have been using the Body BY Vi Shakes since january and have lost over 65 pound. I have learned to eat properly and also work out everyday. It is NOT a weight loss product but a Nutritional Shake. It will help you lose weight but it also helps you build lean muscle.

The important thing that I have learn when it come to protein is this:

Whey protein may say 24-54 g on the package but HOW MUCH OF IT is ACTUALLY getting absorbed into your cells?

Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein that has been proven to absorb every ounce of protein you ingest.

Regular Whey protein does not!! Do a google search!! I research all this information before I started the Body By Vi Challenge.

Is trisorb a real word? lol
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I have to say I do not agree. I have been using the Body BY Vi Shakes since january and have lost over 65 pound. I have learned to eat properly and also work out everyday. It is NOT a weight loss product but a Nutritional Shake. It will help you lose weight but it also helps you build lean muscle.

Whey protein may say 24-54 g on the package but HOW MUCH OF IT is ACTUALLY getting absorbed into your cells?

Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein that has been proven to absorb every ounce of protein you ingest.

Regular Whey protein does not!! Do a google search!! I research all this information before I started the Body By Vi Challenge.

Um actually Whey does get absorbed by the body - so wherever you did your research I would try again
    BTW you do realize that whey is a byproduct of milk/cheese so unless you are lactose intolerant then it would be a problem. But other than that your info is incorrect.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/518138-bioavailability-of-whey-protein/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2289832/
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    that one is bad... the other ones the bug me are people who sell thirty one and are really pushy about it. i dont' care what they do but stop trying to get me to have a party so you can make money! i dont' want any of this overpriced stuff! really most of the MLM stuff is so annoying, they jsut annoy their friends and their friends feel bad and have to give in or they feel guilty. not very nice.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member

And all 4 posts have promoted this crap. Want a shake? Make a protein shake and take a vitamin.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Body By Vi ingredients have a Trisorb type of protein...
    STOP NOW YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO EAT THOSE LITTLE ENVELOPES! THEY ARE DESIGNED TO ABSORB OXYGEN IN PACKAGING!

[img]http://catalog.adcoa.net/ImgMedium/tri-sorb 1 (2).jpg[/img]
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    I don't totally agree.. I use the shake because it is convenient for me. I am a single mom of 2 kids and some mornings I don't have time to sit and eat a meal-actually I never do have the time.. So I have a shake. My nutrition otherwise is pretty good. I eat 1300 cals and I EAT ALOT becuase I choose the right foods to fill me up.

I do the same, but I make my shake with milk, greek yogurt, frozen berries and a scoop of whey protein isolate, which is technically still processed, but has a much better list of ingredients than the Vi shakes. Compare:

http://www.northcoastnaturals.com/products/isoprotein.php
    http://www.bodybyvishape.com/bodybyvi_nutrition/
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    The body by Vi people annoy me but not as much as the Advocare people! I went with a friend to a "mixer" one night just to shut her up. I came home and sent her a link to an article that blew every single statement they made out of the water. She didn't want to listen...I deleted her as a friend.