I NEED SUPPORT FEELING ON EDGE

Options

Replies

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Tell her she can go to hell with her little corn tortillas ... insist on flour ... the really big ones ... and demand your weight in cheese be put over the fried meat. And don't forget the sour cream. B*tch clearly doesn't know how to make a taco.
    No need to be rude. Tacos are made with corn. When you use flour, it's a burrito -- regardless of size.
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    while you're at the store, get some whole wheat tortillas. Don't fry yours - make a quesadilla instead!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    while you're at the store, get some whole wheat tortillas. Don't fry yours - make a quesadilla instead!

but she's making TACOS.

TACOS people. TACOS! not burritos, not quesadillas, not enchiladas, even ****ING FLAN!

tacos.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy the oil. You don't need to eat them, maybe you need to go on a walk when she's making them. You can be strong. Tell your wife how you are feeling too. My husband sometimes doesn't understand the little things that bug me, but he won't get it unless I tell him. Good luck!
    I'm scared of her, and fear that she's trying to hurt me.

Fear is healthy. Her being supportive is not. Tell her you will not make the unhealthy food anymore. You will make a healthy meal. If she wants that unhealthy she can go get it someplace else. BTW How much life insurance you got? (Are you worth more dead then alive, wink wink :tongue: )
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    umm.. just dont eat the fried ones. have her save a few from the fryer and make those yours.
  • smoothsue
    smoothsue Posts: 12
    Options
    As you go to the store stop by a place that serves salads with some protein and eat it there or go to the park. Put your cell phone on mute. Then buy her the oil (a small one). Go home and give it to her. Let her eat all the fried tocos by herself. Meanwhile you are out of the house. Don't smell the tacos, don't see the tacos, don't hear the invitation and don't tempt yourself. Go to an arcade and play for 2 hours, enough time for her to clear the table and kitchen. Another place to go is to the park and pray "grateful prayers" for everything and everyone..... It really works wonders. No wishful (bad) thinking! That is very stressful and will provoke eating.:smile::smile:
  • wyojamie1982
    wyojamie1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also on the diet journey alone. If she insists on cooking hers in oil and loading it with fat that is her choice However you also have a choice to make a healthier alternative. I like making my tacos with turkey burger and then doing more of a lettuce wrap to cut out the carbs. They are just as tasty and I don't feel guilty. You might find she likes your version better anyways. My family is starting to like my healthy alternatives and we are eating healthier because of my choices.

Good luck and remember it is you that loses if you give in not your wife.
  • tnrown87
    tnrown87 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Tacos lol no seriously just avoid it. :laugh:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Just spray windex on the tacos.

And in her face, whilst shouting, "In your face!".

This will practically guarantee no future tacos.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    Just spray windex on the tacos.

And in her face, whilst shouting, "In your face!".

This will practically guarantee no future tacos.

problem solved.

</thread>
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    learn to cook and fill yourself up with broccoli sprinkled with parmesan cheese!
    You're fired.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I tried, guys. I really did. Off to get the oil now. I can already feel my arteries clogging. This makes me so angry, and sad. I really wish that she would show me that she loved me -- even a little bit. It's killing me -- figuratively and literally. :cry:
    Well, since you have to give in, just call it a cheat day and then it's OK! Also, make sure you eat it all before 6pm. And if you're really worried, cut some arm holes and a head hole and wear a garbage bag after to sweat out the oils.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Oh you crazy trolls. :yawn:
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Tell her fine, but that you will make your own. STEAM the tortillas, add what YOU want to the taco, no cheese, sour cream, that kind of stuff. Onions, cilantro and hot sauce is the way to go.

You guys can share meals, but you can make your own healthier version of the meal for yourself.
    ^^This. Good idea!

This again!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I tried, guys. I really did. Off to get the oil now. I can already feel my arteries clogging. This makes me so angry, and sad. I really wish that she would show me that she loved me -- even a little bit. It's killing me -- figuratively and literally. :cry:
    Well, since you have to give in, just call it a cheat day and then it's OK! Also, make sure you eat it all before 6pm. And if you're really worried, cut some arm holes and a head hole and wear a garbage bag after to sweat out the oils.

Wrap yourself in bacon before you put on the garbage bag, I saw in a thread here it helps absorb the fat. It is a true fact.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    She's trying to kill you. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW.
    LOL
  • lisamck67
    lisamck67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS YOUR WEIGHT? WHAT IS HER WEIGHT?:bigsmile:
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Tell her she can go to hell with her little corn tortillas ... insist on flour ... the really big ones ... and demand your weight in cheese be put over the fried meat. And don't forget the sour cream. B*tch clearly doesn't know how to make a taco.
    No need to be rude. Tacos are made with corn. When you use flour, it's a burrito -- regardless of size.

You're right ... flour equals a burrito ... guess I'm just hungry and fried tortillas with meat and cheese sounds damn tasty right about now ... the bigger, the better. Tell you what, if you're this conflicted about it, I could come over and eat what your wife has prepared in your place. Now be a dear and get the oil, I'm hungry. :flowerforyou:
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you were going out to get oil why did you just buy yourself something healthy to eat? Just because she wants to eat crap doesn't mean you have to. You can cook for yourself.
  • KatNunya
    KatNunya Posts: 14
    Options
    Nice reply, very supportive and gives concrete, usable advice