I NEED SUPPORT FEELING ON EDGE

Options

Replies

• xcrmonger
    xcrmonger Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes. Right around this time each week, my husband gives me side-eye and suggests dessert. I try giving him sex instead, but then he just wants both.

Negotiation fail.

You + fresh strawberries + Lite whipped topping.

Everyone wins.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    WHAT IS YOUR WEIGHT? WHAT IS HER WEIGHT?:bigsmile:

Yes! Yes! Now someone is on the right track. Divide by 2....carry the one.....add in carbs......divide by exercise calories!!!!!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Have you at all changed your life insurance policy? Or has she asked you to sign something without telling you what it was? Tread lightly I foresee a hit coming up
  • Diotima73
    Diotima73 Posts: 13
    Options
    That is a good suggestion. This is tough because you are trying to make good choices for your health, but she wants something else today.

Get yourself some salad greens, make yourself a non-fried taco with healthier fillings, or forego the taco and put the fillings on top of the salad, and eat dinner together.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Who says she cant have them and you have unfried ones or something different to eat?
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    man up and EAT!
    Then work it off, With some good exercise...
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I eat the same dinner most nights ( healthy low carb).....but he's not on a diet I am. So, there are nights that I make my hubby what ever he wants....and I can't eat it. That is only because it's my choice to get thin & healthy, or go back to my old habits!! He also eats chips, & ice cream in the evenings. I have a apple, and I'm okay with it. When we go on vacation I will feel so good wearing my swim suit this year....I can't wait!!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    Tell her you want yours UNFRIED...thats all. And smile when you do. ;)

HOOOOOOOOSE!

LOL :laugh: srsly
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    Tell her fine, but that you will make your own. STEAM the tortillas, add what YOU want to the taco, no cheese, sour cream, that kind of stuff. Onions, cilantro and hot sauce is the way to go.

You guys can share meals, but you can make your own healthier version of the meal for yourself.
    ^^This. Good idea!

I totally agree. Maybe she knows what she is doing, maybe she is sabotaging you because she knows she deosn't have the dedication to eat healthy. Buy the oil, but remember to talk to her about it. You NEED to inform her how important this is to you. If she loves you, she will try to understand and be more supportive.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Don't go, tell her she probably doesn't need it either!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    where's the beef?
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Find something else to eat.

My husband sabotages me all the time. It piss*s me off. He smokes right next to me and even leaves lit cigs alone in the room with me (I quit smoking a pack a day 4 years ago). He does not care because he is selfish,,,my weight loss journey is about me, not him,

He buys all kinds of sweets....even tries to bring me home candy bars.

I simply do not smoke or eat them. Period. Be selfish too....eat your own foods....she certainly isn't twisting your arm or putting a gun to your head.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    She could be fearful if you will leave her or want to if you succeed. Talk to her though, she won’t know how you feel unless you do. She may have no idea what she is putting you thru.
  • lisamck67
    lisamck67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    BECUZ IF HE LOSING AND SHE IS NOT— SHE IS JEALOUS ! - EAT UP:smokin:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Eat them up.
    Have you heard of Alli? I suggest you might want to try that. It will help your with excess fat you are consuming.

6-2.jpg
  • Joanneyoud
    Options
    Get a grip! Nobody forces you to eat. Take yourself out or just man up.
  • hopper65
    hopper65 Posts: 1
    Options
    I sympathize. I was told that tonight is pizza and movie night. It is beautiful outside and I don't want to eat pizza and sit around on my butt. I suggested an alternate plan that includes getting out of the house first then doing something fun (shopping). The reply was a little hesitant, but when I suggested there was something in it for her, she agreed. I also get a lot of food presents that are hard for me to resist: ice cream, chocolate, etc. I've asked her to stop and she still hasn't. It is not intentional sabotage but fear that you are changing and she is not. Maybe she worries about what that means over the long term as you continue to change. No one wants to get left behind but only she can take the first steps to change.

As for the gifts of food I'm just going to have to make a statement by throwing them away. It will make her mad but I bet it will also stop her behavior because she hates to waste food.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Eat them up.
    Have you heard of Alli? I suggest you might want to try that. It will help your with excess fat you are consuming.

6-2.jpg

Seriously? I know its hard but you really really need to pluck up the courage to talk to her. Its not acceptable. My partner eats rubbish all the time. Its hard to always say no. It is sabotage and its not fair. You really need to talk to her. If she loves you she will understand. If she doesn't I think that tells you a lot! Good luck!
  • seetherslave
    Options
    Maybe it's your profile picture causing her to make an attempt on your life with fried tacos. Just a thought.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Find something else to eat.

My husband sabotages me all the time. It piss*s me off. He smokes right next to me and even leaves lit cigs alone in the room with me (I quit smoking a pack a day 4 years ago). He does not care because he is selfish,,,my weight loss journey is about me, not him,

It also sounds like he's trying to burn the house down.