Is there anyone here who isn't/wasn't a "sad" fat person?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AlabasterJar68
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome responses guys! I genuinely love when other people have love for themselves. Also, just to clarify I was not trying to put down anyone who started off depressed. All of our journeys are different and if you have pulled/are pulling yourself up from a significantly low point, I truly respect that. It is just not my own story and I'm looking for people to relate to :)

Thank you for starting this thread. I have to admit I have not always felt sure of myself at any weight. When I was reed thin I wanted to gain weight, even prayed to gain. Over the years I have packed on the pounds and I do for the most feel more confident about myself than I have in a long time. I have a very loving, supportive, handsome fit husband, who is so encouraging. I know that I am blessed that I have made it thus far and I plan on living a full and abundant life each day.
  • Starrynights1107
    Starrynights1107 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've always been a big dude but between my smile, awesomeness, and clothes i never had too many problems getting women. I think thats what led me down the slippery path, i was so comfortable in my skin i didnt notice when i went from 240 to 250 to 275 then 300+

I understand. Confidence and self love can be a gift and, in a crazy turn of events a curse. That's one reason it's important not to place so much stock in what others think of you not ONLY when they think negatively of you but also when they think you're great (no problem getting women/men, etc.). You know you best. It's important to realize that. Other peoples' influence can definitely send you down a slippery slope (in terms of life in general, not just weight), sometimes even when those people have the best intentions :)