Shocking!!!

Options

Replies

• i_miss_donuts
    i_miss_donuts Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Funny - we were posting virtually the same thing at the same time!!
    That I was basically starving myself without even realizing it. I thought a Special K bar for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and a healthy dinner made for a great day. Once I started on MFP I realized I was eating about 800 calories a day and had been doing so for about a year and a half!

Now I happily take in about 1800 a day and weigh less than I did then :drinker:
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Still surprises me that I can have an emotionally trainwrecked day and NOT land face first in the fridge.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    That I was never going to be hot again

That I NEED TO EAT MORE

That weight lifting wont make you like the hulk

That I am adverse to running today as I was months ago

That I am actually craving the fuel I need.. the good the bad and the ugly now.. :)

That I really REALLY need my MFP friends support * and they are extremely supportive.
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    How I enjoy drinking lots of water over soda pop.

That my better eating would not only change my habits, but my children's as well

Now that i feel better about myself, i am more inclined to have "relations" with my hubby. :heart: :love: :love:

That my friends and I have another outlet for things to do, No longer just going out for supper and drinking.
  • DaniMichelle5
    DaniMichelle5 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the pickle thing. I was eating a few last night and could not believe it was a free calorie item!:laugh:
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    probably at how many things I thought were healthy that aren't.
    i used to tell myself cheese is good you you, cheese is protein! <- is the one that comes to mind first

And probably how much energy I have after being soda free for 30 days.
    if you had told me a month or two ago that proper hydration gives you just as much energy as suger packed caffine i would have never believed you.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1.That I was consistently under-eating and that being cold, cranky and shedding my hair at an alarming rate was proof of this.

2. At the same time, I have realized that I can eat A TON of healthy foods on a daily basis and maintain my weight - more than I thought was possible.

3. That having friends on MFP to share the journey with is priceless - I would have long ago driven my friends and family nuts without the support of my MFP ladies!!

This for me as well! I have been eating less than 1000cals/day and couldn't understand why I was gaining so much weight....Now I know....I thought my hair falling out was normal or b/c of stress...I am still stressed now but my hair is staying in my head....YAY!!

I tried to do this ALONE in the beginning on MFP but I have made quite a few Wonderful MFP friends who encourage me and hold me accountable and give me tons of advice - Without them I would have given up long long ago!! They are the best!!

*My family is SO sick of hearing about MFP but people on here actually understand what we are ALL going through*

I can still eat the things I love and tons of new healthier foods that I NOW love and feel better physically and mentally....

Love this topic....It really makes you think!! Thanks! :)

ETA: Spelling issue and to say I LOVE MFP!! :)
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    1. I was surprised how much salt there is in milk !

2. That Burgen bread isn't that great when calorie counting ! Even the weight loss bread is higher in calories than other breads

3 I knew I didn't eat enough to lose weight but I didn't know I was WAY down on calories,

4. I didn't learn it hear but I think it is a good tip to know and that is it isn't good to go low carbs or no carbs at night which was what I was doing. My dietitian told me my body was in permanent "starvation mode" and because I didn't have carbs at night I was causing myself major problems !
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The most shocking for me....

Eating healthy and exercising really does rub off on the people around you! 2 of the 3 other members of my family (hubby and 18 year old daughter) are both exercising more and eating healthier! Neither had a weight issue to begin with but I think they feel if mom can do it so can they!! I'm not saying they are as into it as me, but I can't seem to keep fresh fruit and veggies stocked up anymore! And there are times when I have to schedule the treadmill around my kid.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That I was never going to be hot again

What are you talking about!?!?!? You are a sexy woman!
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    Funny - we were posting virtually the same thing at the same time!!
    That I was basically starving myself without even realizing it. I thought a Special K bar for breakfast, a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and a healthy dinner made for a great day. Once I started on MFP I realized I was eating about 800 calories a day and had been doing so for about a year and a half!

Now I happily take in about 1800 a day and weigh less than I did then :drinker:

Great minds think alike!! :wink:
  • fuck3you4LL
    Options
    that I can still eat anything I like and keep losing weight, as long as i keep having them in moderation
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy working out!
    I enjoy more fruits and veggies
    I CAN drink 8 glasses of water a day.
    Lean on a package doesn't always mean Lean.
    Bathrooms are my new best friends hahaha
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    But ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the Salt content !
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked to learn that I can have days off from work and be at home WITHOUT eating everything in sight, that I can find enjoyment in small activities instead.
    That I'm excited to up my running time every night, even though stepping off the treadmill at the end is the most painful feeling in the world, lol...
    That I feel so much happier. Why did I wait this long?!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    How small a serving size is compared to my eyes and stomach. :tongue:
    The energy I have AFTER I work out.
    How much I love sweating and drinking tons of water.
    How easy it is to change yourself after putting in the time and dedication. :drinker:
  • BarringtonFinbarNash
    Options
    1) i was pleasantley shocked to really see this site had no gimmick attached to it with a preset diet control plan to lose the weight.
    2) i was shocked to see how much extra calories my snacks where puting into me
    3) i was shocked to learn that a lot of so called healthy foods, are really not that much better for you than the original (though i was not really surprised to find this out)
    4) i was shocked at how impossiable it was to track some of my intake of food as a lot of stuff at work and restuarants does not have claorie information at all
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    I found out eliminating certain foods make me feel crappy and bloated when I reintroduce them in my diet. They will DEF be avoided.

Amen to that!
  • obeseto13point1
    obeseto13point1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That I would be weighing and measuring everything on my digital scale 99% of the time
    That I would love to run so much as to chose it over zumba!
    I would chose to get up at 5 or 6 am to workout in order to have more time!
    that I would EVER get back into to my pre-pregnancy before gain before that clothes and smaller even!
    that I would log my food every single day! i have lost weight in the past but didn't log accurately or every day!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    That I wasn't eating enough protein
    That I can eat peanut butter every day and not have to feel bad about it
    That my favorite part of the day is my post workout protein shake
    That I would love yoga