Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've been having Cottage Cheese since a few weeks ago and I add it to Omelettes. I have also used in breakfast burritos which also consist of turkey sausage or Quorn sausage and scrambled egg. Really great protein breakfast.

I will also use it as a substitute to mayo at times.

EDIT: Maybe you should also try buying the Onion and Chive version? I buy that and it's really great.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    That sounds yummy, i'm going to have to try that. I look for every chance to eat cottage cheese lol, one of my favorites!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know cottage cheese is good for hyou and I have tried incorporating into my diet a few times but I just can not get over the taste and the texture.

Theres gotta be something healthy I can mix into it that will change the taste and hide the constancy.

Any thoughts?

Just wanted to say thanks to the person who gave this recipe

500g cottage cheese (2 cups)
    2 beaten eggs

mix together and add quiche like vegetables mushrooms, peppers etc put into a flan dish and bake for about 25 minutes @ 400 degrees

I made mine with lump crab meat, green onion, slivered almonds, and just enough mozzarella to melt on top. So good, and you'd never guess it's cottage cheese.

its LUSH
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    I like tomatoes and pepper my husbands family adds jelly some of my grandparents added peaches so do u want sweet or salty? Its your choice,
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The brand you get can make all the difference in the world. I hated the "chunks" and liquid stuff too.. YUK.. then I tried "Michigan" brand cottage cheese. Small curd. It's amazing!!! It has a totally different taste then the others. And very good with all the suggestions here :) If I can't get that brand.. I don't buy any.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce or peaches.
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i just lve it with pepper. yum.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Add any kind of fresh fruit. Yum-yum. :glasses:
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like to put sugar free jam like strawberry or apricot on it. I'm big into the salty and the sweet combination.
  • rblystone74
    Options
    Try it with mandarin Oranges! It's the best!
  • bethanyrmiles
    Options
    Salsa is a great addition to cottage cheese and virtually calorie free - but it can be high in sodium so be careful about that. :love:
  • Lushaholic
    Lushaholic Posts: 62
    Options
    I add Salsa and eat it with cucumbers and/or whole grain nachos but im a freak LOL
  • Sammylightner
    Sammylightner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sliced bananas and strawberries and a dash of sugar works for me...
  • duddlydo
    duddlydo Posts: 2
    Options
    Mandarin Oranges help a lot.
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I enjoy:
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1 scoop protein powder
    add pumpkin spice or cinnamon to taste.

Mix with a food processor or hand blender under smooth.

I call it pumpkin protein pudding.

Yay! Sounds like pumpkin pie, think I'll try this with a lil bit of granola and sugar-free cool whip!! Mmm..getting hungry now =)
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1 tub of cottage cheese
    1 can crushed pineapple, drained
    1 pkg sugar free Jello, any flavor
    1 container low fat or fat free Cool Whip

You can also toss in a can of drained mandarin oranges.

I used to eat this a lot when I was doing WW many years ago. I recently thought of it again and decided to start taking it to work for lunches to change things up a bit.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and slice strawberries, de-licious
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I mixed 1/4 cup into my scrambled eggs today. Very good and tons of protein. Though I like cc I could not tell it was in my eggs.