How many lbs in How many months???

Options

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    29 lbs in one year and a half. Long time, I know but I didn't regain them, so I'm satisfied :)

I'm with you on the slow burn... 32 lbs in 16 months.

Figuring 2 things :
    ---The less drastic the change the easier it will be to stick with it.
    ---The slower I lose the more likely I am to keep it off.

Been trying to maintain since Dec... I'm finding that tougher than losing :huh:
  • newfienurse66
    Options
    7 months on mfp as of today, 60 pounds gone!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I have to update my ticker this morning still, but I'm down 29 in under 3 months (I think today is 11 weeks...I need to go back and check!!)
  • tbaloga
    tbaloga Posts: 2
    Options
    Just wondering how many calories you we allowed to have and why foods you are eating. This is great. :smile:
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Great topic by the way!!! It's really encouraging to see how other people are doing!!!

One seed of wisdom for everyone here though - DON'T get caught up in how fast other people are losing weight!! I have learned that comparing myself, my progress, or my circumstances with others, just leads to frustration and/or depression. DON'T DO IT!!!! We are all unique individuals. Some honestly just have it easier than others. I know it's not fair. HOWEVER, every single one of us have the power, the drive, the motivation within us to DO THIS with VICTORY!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Don't ever give up! If you have a bad day, or a bad week, get up, dust yourself off, and go at it again!!!

Let's make today count!!!!
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Shed 40 lbs in 12 months (from 240 lbs to 200 lbs).
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    83 pounds in 7 months
  • tbaloga
    tbaloga Posts: 2
    Options
    That's great!! Any pointers for the rest of us? Anything that we can do as well? I am going on a cruise in 6 weeks and have gained weight back that I lost last year, so I really have 14 lbs to lose to get to that weight, but just want to lose what I can before then. 12 lbs would make me ecstatic!
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    48 lbs 5 months official update and weigh in tomorrow
  • arrow460
    arrow460 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    69 lb since Feb. 10
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs in 3 months and now I have only lost 4 lbs since April, but I have very toned muscles now.
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    11 in 6 weeks
  • gward84
    gward84 Posts: 16
    Options
    This thread is full of amazing people!!

6lbs in 12 days, at the start but going in the right direction
  • willismack2
    Options
    22 lbs in 3.5 months. Now to maintain.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ten pounds in one month.
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    first 170 pounds in 18 months.... then lost 200 pounds in 9 months.... then 15 in 2 months... been maintaining until surgery where doc says i could lose 30-50 lbs.... will know the end of the month
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    30 in 5 months.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    It'd be nice to know what the recommended weight people were needing to get to and where they started.

As.. some people are at 250 lbs and need a recommended weight of 135 lets say to be healthy.. and then 50 lbs in 3 months is probably why..

I feel I'm falling behind here.. although I only have 29 lbs total to lose before getting to my "recommended weight"..

5 lbs in just over 5 weeks for me..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    It'd be nice to know what the recommended weight people were needing to get to and where they started.

As.. some people are at 250 lbs and need a recommended weight of 135 lets say to be healthy.. and then 50 lbs in 3 months is probably why..

I feel I'm falling behind here.. although I only have 29 lbs total to lose before getting to my "recommended weight"..

5 lbs in just over 5 weeks for me..
    Yep. I've now lost 9LBS in 3.5 months. I eat 1450-1500 a day. I run every other day. It's slow as molasses, being "just math" and all lol. Most would say I don't have any I "need" to lose. I'm within normal. I WANT to lose those last 3-4LBS.
  • nettasaura
    nettasaura Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    32 pounds in 2 months.