Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Treask40
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been really slacking on exercise and wanted to start this 30 day shred workout. Is it too difficult for someone to start out with? I have other workout videos, walk away the pounds and turbo jam. I just love Jiliian and thought i would give something new a try... ?
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been really slacking on exercise and wanted to start this 30 day shred workout. Is it too difficult for someone to start out with? I have other workout videos, walk away the pounds and turbo jam. I just love Jiliian and thought i would give something new a try... ?

It is only as hard as you make it! There are two "demonstrators" to follow. Anita who modifies each exercise or Natalie who does a more advanced move. It is definately worth a try... I LOVE IT!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Jumped back in this morning. Still feeling tired but I think that's due to tons of extra hours and stress at work this month. I feel much better than I did Tuesday, though, and I performed much better, too. Still have trouble getting through the first 2 blasted jump rope sections. I don't know what my block is, but I have to switch to a one foot at a time kind of hop in the middle of both of them. But I can get through the entire final section of them in circuit 3. I guess the jumping jacks tire my muscles too much.

But man, today I could really feel how much better I was doing with all the crunches. I kind of rock them. :smile:

Also, I'm FINALLY losing that water weight I picked up when I first started The Shred last Friday so I was below Friday's weight when I weighed myself this morning. Yay! :drinker:
  • meana717
    Options
    Jumped back in this morning. Still feeling tired but I think that's due to tons of extra hours and stress at work this month. I feel much better than I did Tuesday, though, and I performed much better, too. Still have trouble getting through the first 2 blasted jump rope sections. I don't know what my block is, but I have to switch to a one foot at a time kind of hop in the middle of both of them. But I can get through the entire final section of them in circuit 3. I guess the jumping jacks tire my muscles too much.

But man, today I could really feel how much better I was doing with all the crunches. I kind of rock them. :smile:

Also, I'm FINALLY losing that water weight I picked up when I first started The Shred last Friday so I was below Friday's weight when I weighed myself this morning. Yay! :drinker:

Great Job! The first 2 sets of jump rope kill me too... but then I blast through them at the end. I think by the end the muscles are really warmed up and raring to go! I don't know... just my thoughts! but YAY... you are doing great!
  • Lisa_T
    Lisa_T Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am loving this dvd. Jillian is kicking my butt LOL I really feel like I'm getting a great workout in such a short amount of time. My abs are really feeling it today.....I love it :smile:

Today will be Day 4 on level 1
  • meana717
    Options
    HOLY PLANKS JILLIAN!!!! Ok seriously I think she was trying to kill me! Seriously those planks were killing my shoulders! OMG! But on a good note...completed Day 1 of Level 2! Followed Anita for some and Natalie for others... and I only took 2 breaks, both at the end during the last AB session. WOWZER! Hope everyone else had a spectacular workout! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot Aofstedal!

We crushed workout one again tonight. I did the whole thing, real pushups, all the lifts with my 8 pounders, all the raises (a couple were a little sloppy). Mrose is looking much better. We're ready to go to #2. But she just read your post and she's nervous about the planks. :smile: :wink: :laugh:

I think for us it'll be "60 day shred",,, Hehehe...
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I have been hearing alot about this workout. I would love to try it but I need to know a little about it. I have nerve damange in my left knee and some exercises are hard for me to do. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is hard on the knees or is anyone doing suffering from knee problems?

I would really appreciate any feedback:happy:
  • Kristi82
    Kristi82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Day 12, did Level 2 for the first time tonight. Wow! Those planks nearly did me in!
  • CasperO
    Options
    I have been hearing alot about this workout. I would love to try it but I need to know a little about it. I have nerve damange in my left knee and some exercises are hard for me to do. Does anyone have an opinion on whether it is hard on the knees or is anyone doing suffering from knee problems?

If you can stand for the 20 minutes you could probably get through it with modified movements. Let's see - how do we substitute,,,

Jumping Jax - arm movements only, or arms plus calf raises.
    Jumprope movement, calf raises, no hopping - work arms extra hard.
    Pushups - knees down, or maybe just do cobras.
    etc. etc. etc.,,, Hard to say not knowing how bad the knee is. There's lots of upper body stuff, lots of abdomenal stuff.

I'm sure of this - you could do this in a chair and just work the top half and you'll sweat and burn calories and it'd be better for ya' than just sitting there.

Try it, it's fun. :smile:
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

I have problems with both knees, I have water on the knee on my right knee and minimal cartilage in both. I have been doing the Shred for the past 8 days.....I just take it easy, if one of my knees starts to ache or hurt then I just modify the exercise so that I'm not putting too much strain on it. Ultimately I want to make my knees stronger, so I feel like this workout is going to help me in the long run. Hope this helps! :happy:
  • meana717
    Options
    Thanks alot Aofstedal!

We crushed workout one again tonight. I did the whole thing, real pushups, all the lifts with my 8 pounders, all the raises (a couple were a little sloppy). Mrose is looking much better. We're ready to go to #2. But she just read your post and she's nervous about the planks. :smile: :wink: :laugh:

I think for us it'll be "60 day shred",,, Hehehe...

LOL... I'm sure she will do fine... Its a great workout though! I mean seriously first 5 minutes and I was sweating my behind off! Ready for round 2 of level 2 tonight! :flowerforyou:
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    No Shred today. Did C25k run and ran out of energy and time. I'm sorta sad I missed it, but a day off is probably not the worst thing. :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wow - all of you are AWESOME and completely kicking butt! I think that 60 day shred may be more like it for me too... I was hoping to start every day - but I find it works better to alternate with running days. So, I've only got 3 days of level 1 under my belt, but I feel so much stronger - isn't that incredible? Looking forward to tomorrow's...
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Just ordered mine a couple days ago, and it should be here any day! I will be behind everybody but I am definitely in!
  • meana717
    Options
    Well guys... I totally fell off the wagon today! So not only did I totally not get in my workout but I ate so terrible today. I was good until lunch... but I have this horrible habit of falling into childhood where I was forced to be the "human garbage disposal" that when someone puts food in front of me I feel that I HAVE to eat it. So today I eat my lunch and then a co-worker offered me 1/2 of her Taco Bell Chicken Ranch Salad... refused but then she put some on a plate and sat it on my desk. Next comes the birthday cake that I so kindly refused but then again wound up on my desk. So I normally do my workout after work but I had a ton of errands to run.... and ended up eating at Old Country Buffet.. didnt eat too much- just not healthy. A roll, some popcorn shrimp, a fish stick, two potato wedge things and some root beer. Sigh... waiting for my husband to come online to talk to (he is in Iraq)... then I think I might change into some workout clothes and squeeze that workout in before bed! I feel like CRAP!!!

Hope everyone else had a much more positive and productive day than I!

:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Wow, it's going around. She not feeling well and both of us just out of energy friday PM.

We'll hit it twice as hard today - won't we? :huh: :smile:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Going to get my little one in a bath, then nap, then I get some ME time.... so I'm spending it with Jillian. :laugh: Level 2 for the third time, I think. I've lost track. Thursday, I did a workout at the gym and found some muscles I haven't worked in a while. Ouch - I'm feeling it! Hope I survive Level 2!
  • meana717
    Options
    Ok seriously...not to scare anyone off from doing Level 2...but honestly I think I'm going to have to make it a 60 day Shred to and fall back to Level 1. I did 3rd day of 2 today and wow! What a killer! I feel that I have to take way too many breaks and I'm not getting enough of the workout in. Anyone else feeling this way?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm with you aofstedahl!

After I had my muscles feel like jello several days last week, I decided I'm going to take the shred every other day. I feel like I'm much more productive that way. I can definitely work harder than ever on level 1 and I'm going to totally master it before heading to level 2 again.

Did my shred today. So much better than ever before. I can almost do everything without modifying it very much (well, except I still do girly pushups) and without taking breaks. I'm seeing the weight come off now so my muscles must be adjusting to the more strenuous exercise program.