Big Breasted Success?

Options

Replies

• HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options
    At last measuring I was a 30GG. I have never lost weight off my breasts and have lost weight everywhere else. I have since breast fed for 12 months and they have shrunk about a cup size, not that I am complaining!

For support, I have never been able to find a reasonable priced sports bra that fits me (same as can never buy bras from the supermarket and have to go to the expensive shops!). I wear my normal bra with two vests over the top that have elasticated support panels in.
  • 30musha30
    30musha30 Posts: 114
    Options
    I started out in a DD and now I'm down to a B:ohwell:
  • roxerella
    roxerella Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have a 36 FF and I work out 2 hours per day. Having large breasts is a challenge for most types of sports-they get in the weigh, bounce up and down and like you said they weigh us down! But it is possible to be really active and to lose weight. I have lost 47 pounds and I'm about half way to my goal. As for the boobs shrinking not in my case! I have gone from a 38 band to a 36 but same cup size. I don't expect them to shrink much, maybe a size or two but I had and E cup when I was a UK size 8 (USA size 4). I'm not aiming to be that small again, so I don't exepct them to go much below an F cup.

I buy my sports bras from Bravissimo and when I run I wear 2! I find my boobs a particular hindrance in my yoga class. They really do get in the way.
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Enelle... The best.. The girls do not move even while running. .. Best support ever...Saw on Oprah years ago.. They last forever.. Worth the cost of around $60.00
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    44DDD/F to 32DDD/F

I just double-bag - regular bra with a too-small sports bra on top.

that's what i do. i've been riding horses since i was an older teen, with big boobs.... ;) and anyone who seriously rides will tell you there is more flopping than running! anyone who rides will also tell you there are lots of snotty catty b****s with tiny waists and non exisitant boobs. ;)
    i just buy the cheaper sports bras at walmart (size smaller) and put over my regular underwire bra, basically for compression. i can jump rope, run jumping jacks, and my elliptical like that.

that being said, i have SMALL girls (38DD) compaired to some of the other ladies here. i have a hard time finding the right size, i can't imagine what you guys go through that have boobs in the Gs,Hs and beyond!!

i've lost a little in the cups, i'm not sure if i'm down a whole cup though, i'm still wearing my regular bras for now, i know i'm down to a 36, since i'm on the tightest notch and it's not tight. and the cups are a bit gapped at the side. i'd love to finish out with a solid D, but sho knows.
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I'm 55 yrs old and struggled for years with this. Finally, in '07 I had reduction surgery because after years of yo-yoing up and down and hurting myself trying to exercise and get healthy, I decided enough was enough. Each time I lost weight, I would only lose maybe an inch or two from my band size-not my cup size. Wasn't enough to stop the pain I was having when I exercised. I am so glad I had it done and will never regret it. I know it sounds drastic, but for me it was the best decision I could have made for myself .

At least now when I exercise, I don't have to wonder how many bras to put on to just keep them from bouncing even if it's only a little bit.

I wish you success in your weight loss journey:)
  • inzkeeper
    inzkeeper Posts: 23
    Options
    I started as a 44F and can squeeze into a 38DDD now. More than 10 inches gone. I would never run in public before. Forget run, I'd never "move quickly"! I used a Glamorize No-Bounce Cami Bra which was excellent, but now it's far to baggy to be of any help and need to get a new one, but since they're not available locally, choosing sizes has been a major deterrent. I want to get an Enelle, as so many have recommended. Great topic b/c it's such a big deal!
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well I am a 38E and I have never had a "sports bra" that offered ANY support. When I exercise, I wear a "old lady bray" haha as I like to say. It's so ugly and had very wide straps, but they criss cross in the back for extra support. The fabric is not stretchy at all. It makes my boobs go UP and kind of flattens them so they end up being wide. I got it at a store called Addition-Elle, it's a plus-size women's clothing store (in Canada, I don't know if it's nowhere else). But when I wear it, my girls are very minimized and barely move!

Also, I knew a girl in high school, she was the same as me, a little taller. Big ol' boobies and everything. When she went off to college she started working out hardcore and lost a ton of weight. Now she's a tiny little thing, probably about 120 lbs, and she has NO boobs. So I think it's safe to say that they will probably get smaller as the rest of you get smaller! Unless you're like me and have the giant boob gene in your family... then I don't know what to tell you.. I'll let you know when I'm 120 lbs.. haha :tongue:
  • ebonijo2
    ebonijo2 Posts: 73
    Options
    bump
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I coined it at urban dictionary its pending so when it goes viral I will post the link here and us ladies will have to vote it up .. :)

fort knox tits. :D
  • hsabelsowers
    hsabelsowers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Freya underwired sports bra- it really works! I paid under $30 for it on ebay (new). My breasts don't tend to get much smaller even when I am thinner, I am a 32F. My band size may go down, but I stay an F (except for when I was pregnant)
  • mecaseyrn
    mecaseyrn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello. I know all about the problems with losing weight as a big breasted woman....however I know this from when I was younger...at 18 I lost 50lbs doing weight watchers and I was a 38DDD. I couldn't really exercise then because I would get extreme spasms in my neck, shoulder with terrible headaches. So I lost weight by diet only. At the age of 28 (now) I struggle to lose any weight (and I haven't even had children yet). However.....about 2 years ago I decided to get a breast reduction! I am now a 36C. Exercising is fantastic now because I don't get all those problems! I know it was the easy way out but let me tell you it was the best decision I ever made. I am no longer limited in what I can do! =)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra I got from target. Its a large (so a size smaller than I need) and hold the girls in rather well. I bounce while running but not as much as I used to. I have not lost anything from my breasts.

I am a 36DD and have lost 14 lbs so far.
  • chubbster17
    Options
    I'm 38D and wear a Shock Absorber sports bra, they're great :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Cursed (or blessed) with 34H's.
    I have finally found a sports bra that gives me the support I need and its cute too! Panache sports bras. They don't give you the "uni-boob" look that most sports bras do either.

I'm around a 34H too, and the Panaches ones are the best sports bras I've tried. They're comfortable enough for normal wear and give you a decent shape under clothes.

I still avoid bouncing about too much though (for my joints as well as the boob factor).
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Lost a stone and boobs exactly the same, I use a E sports bra (I'm an F) to strap dem down good and proper
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Started at a 38G, now (minus 33lb) a 34E. Two sports bras and a tight vest under my teeshirt :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm 38D and wear a Shock Absorber sports bra, they're great :)

My favourite Sports bra by a mile and I'm an F cup.

It's been the best selling sports bra in the UK for the past 6 years.
  • NomadicKris
    Options
    I'm an E cup, I wear a sports bra (triumph - in Australia so not sure if that's available everywhere) and then a tight sports crop top over the top of it - also ensures I have a nice snug spot for my ipod that isn't against my skin ;)

A friend of mine swears by wearing her one piece swimming costume to keep them in control.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I run 4-5 times a week, up to 13 miles, with GG / H cups. I also lift, and cycle.

I also wear shock absorber. They're a good, comfortable, sturdy and supportive bra. I've tried others, but have had problems with rubbing and bouncing, and I always go back to my shocks.

Plus, the name makes the SO giggle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!