Your coffee habits?

Options

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Love our Keurig..... Drink Coffee People Donut Shop blend, it is a medium roast and I add 2 spoonful of Domino Pure Cane sugar and 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Creamer... Only do 1 in the morning to wake me up..

I have a Keurig at my work as well. I drink all kinds. Working graveyard I used to average 6-8 mugs. Now it's just 1-2 and only at work. I rarely drink it outside of work. ½ Tbsp of agave with whey protein powder as a creamer. I don't like Starbucks. To me Starbucks is like the McDonald's of burgers. Yes you know what you are going to get but in my opinion there is so much better out there. Tully's is one of my favorites for big name brand and also "Death before Decaf"
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    Love our Keurig..... Drink Coffee People Donut Shop blend, it is a medium roast and I add 2 spoonful of Domino Pure Cane sugar and 2 Tbsp. of International Delight Hershey's Chocolate and Caramel Creamer... Only do 1 in the morning to wake me up..

I have a Keurig at my work as well. I drink all kinds. Working graveyard I used to average 6-8 mugs. Now it's just 1-2 and only at work. I rarely drink it outside of work. ½ Tbsp of agave with whey protein powder as a creamer. I don't like Starbucks. To me Starbucks is like the McDonald's of burgers. Yes you know what you are going to get but in my opinion there is so much better out there. Tully's is one of my favorites for big name brand and also "Death before Decaf"

Sacrilege! McDonalds coffee is the bane of coffee existence. Starbucks is like angels dancing on my tongue.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE coffee....If im drinking Decaf I prefer Archer Farms (cinnamon vanilla nut) Archer Farms is a Target brand. with 2 tablespoons of french vanilla creamer sugar free and 1 trivua packet.

If Im drinking reg, im not to picky...same creamer and "sugar" as above!

With 3 busy little boys under foot, I gotta have something to get me going in the morning!
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Went from 1-2 pots to none now... I only drink water... the only reason I had to stop was that I was having chronic migraines. Since I have quit drinking coffee, I have not had one headache. 2 months and counting :happy:
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I need it! Selfmade with a bit of milk......5-6 big cups or I can´t function :drinker:

This. Only on 2nd cup, cant clear my head yet this am.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    depends, rough night with the baby at least 4 cups 2 cream 2 splenda (yes i know cancer and all that but i cant bring myself to ue real sugar) if not usually like 1 maybe 2
  • bcsiszer
    bcsiszer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to drink one to two cups a day but it started making me feel sick. The stronger it was, the worse I felt. I went to the doctor for some other issues and found out I am allergic to the protein in it. Bummer! So now I am trying mornings the English way with tea.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Black, 1-2 per day.
  • Foodaholic4Life
    Options
    Coffee? A habit? Not me. I only drink it when I'm awake. Usually popping the k-cups in my Keurig before work or in the evening (love the Green Mountain Black Magic or Island Coconut) then my personal Black & Decker in my office a few times during the day (love me some of that stright-up Cafe Bustelo). I'm shopping around for a good price on IV bags so I don't have to worry about using a mug anymore.
  • deesaf
    deesaf Posts: 46
    Options
    intravenously
  • Foodaholic4Life
    Options

Sacrilege! McDonalds coffee is the bane of coffee existence. Starbucks is like angels dancing on my tongue.

If I"m going to pay for coffee, McDonald's is the best. While I may "feel special" as I sit in my car, idling in the drive-thru at Starbucks, I always have a hard time remembering which size translates to "extra large", and then I understand they have to make it super-hot to justify the trendy little "sleeve" thing, but really? It's like driving around with molten lava in my drink console. I'll take a large black coffee from McD's ANYTIME!!
  • cryan1980
    cryan1980 Posts: 37
    Options
    I grind fresh every AM and enjoy about 20oz plain on my drive to work.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    More!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Iced w/ half & half. Specifically, one Dark Magic K-cup brewed over ice on the 4th setting and a 2nd one brewed on the 3rd setting. Occasionally, I'll need a kick in the pants midday and will go for another, but not that often. No sweetener of any kind ever - hate it.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Skinny latte every morning (homemade) and usually an iced coffee in the afternoon.

You can function without it. I think my "need" is mental mostly. Drinking lots of water and eating every
    couple hours can have the same wake-up effect. But I like coffee, so it's my drug of choice.
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I use a large ceramic mug that holds about 2 cups of fresh brewed coffee. I like to buy the beans from a local coffee stand. I put 2 splendas and 3 tbsp of SF vanilla creamer. That's usually all I drink for the day. Sometimes I might have an 8 oz cup at work (I work 12 night shifts). And yes, I have to drink it every day. I think it's mostly because of habit and routine, but I bet if I went without it it wouldn't be pretty. I've come a long way because before starting this journey I use to buy a 16oz white chocolate mocha pretty much every day. I miss those.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I usually have two cups every day, unless I decide I need Starbucks and their skinny peppermint mocha.

1st cup - usually with breakfast...1 Truvia packet and 1 Tbsp CoffeeMate peppermint mocha creamer

2nd cup - usually at work mid-morning (0900-ish) - 2 Truvia packets and 2 "buckets" of whatever creamer work provides
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    a couple cups ever morning with a tiny bit of sugar free creamer. sometimes i will make my own iced coffee or swing by mcdonalds or starbucks. i used to be a big time diet pepsi drinker (a whole cube only lasted 2 days, plus i bought sodas at work and at fast food places). I tried to cold turkey on the caffeine but it is to hard when you have five kids to make it without it on my 18-20 hour days. i take in much less caffeine now though in comparison to what I was.
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make lattes at home, 4 ounces espresso & 1 cup calorie countdown 2% milk & a few pumps of my favorite sugar-free syrup (lately vanilla or hazelnut, but I also mix up chocolate & cherry). I just don't function without it!
  • Family_Man
    Family_Man Posts: 53
    Options
    The Keurig has only added to this...... Newman's Own organic bold double cream.