Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• Kimberz6
    Kimberz6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :happy:
    I am not training for anything as great as all these, although I hope to soon. For right now I just want to run up the stairs at Universal Studios Hollywood and make it all the way. :smokin:
  • NevaStar
    NevaStar Posts: 9
    Options
    I am just wanting to be fit and healthy ! Although I do have a triathlon in Aug 2012 and feel like I could be in better shape !
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder Dallas..October 2012 :)

More Mudder people. Gah.

Training for my Tough Mudder next month in So Cal, Running Springs!! Lets do this!! Pump It!!! I'm doing Insanity Workouts and Boot Camp!!!! Its kicking my *kitten*....LOL
  • Lissakaye81
    Lissakaye81 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get healthy again, preparing to climb Mt.Lassen this year, hopefully Mt.Shasta Next year, and eventually Half Dome and the Grand Canyon. I also want to get healthy before trying to have kids. I want to be a fit and active parent, and be able to take my kids out and be healthy. I was always a chubby kid growing up. I am also preparing for a trip to Hawaii next summer and am gonna take scuba lessons soon. I want to dive and kayak the Napali Coast. Love martial arts btw. Found out the chain whip is illegal in CA. One of the things on my bucket list.
  • goatrider27
    Options
    Greetings bro, I'm new to the site as well. I am most definitely making health changes for my family. I want to be healthy for my son, who is 3. I'm 28 and on the verge of having huge health risks if I don't make permanent changes. I've done tons of research about nutrition and I'm on a pretty good start. It's been up and down but over a year I've lost around 30 lbs. (could have been more but I slacked for about 5 months).
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Yes, the zombie apocalypse
    I'm also doing a zombie run in september.
  • Hallia
    Hallia Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm training so that I can get off of my HBP meds and be healthier when my husband and I start TTC (hopefully) next year. Longer term goals are to get back into single-digit sizes and to be confident in a bikini by next summer. :)
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's hilarious. Perhaps I am as well and am just telling myself I am training for a half marathon. There is one in Flagstaff in August, but I will probably do the Groom Creek classic in Prescott in September since I started a bit late. Good luck with the mid-life crisis :bigsmile:
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's great! My brother and I are doing "Run for Your Lives" in Portland in August. Can't wait! I gather you are doing the same series, just a different city. Good luck!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    That's great! My brother and I are doing "Run for Your Lives" in Portland in August. Can't wait! I gather you are doing the same series, just a different city. Good luck!

The one I'm doing is in Pittsburgh. Good luck to you too!! It looks like so much fun!!
  • page58689
    page58689 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey my name is Justin and Im new to this site so far. Today i enter my first foods and exercises to the website and im liking the interactive process this site provides. I have a question though for maybe an experienced user on this site. Do u earn caloires for your food intake by doing strength training? Obviously if ur sweating while repping out some bench press or something u have to be burning calories, but when i log a bench or curl or something it doesnt credit me any calories towards my daily plan. I only recieve calories off for the cardio.
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I came here to lose a little weight i gained and refound my love of running. ive ran a few races and my normal 3xweek runs are now 10ks. so now im training for a half marathon hopefully this fall and maybe, just maybe, a marathon by next year.
  • DOROTHY1034
    DOROTHY1034 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, but my goal that I am working for is the 2014 United States Masters Swimming Nationals. Last year I swam over 200 miles of lap swimming and completed the 2011 Amazing Swim at Cactus Aquatics Center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm training to enjoy my vacation which will involve a lot of walking. My stamina is doing very well, the weight loss not as much as I hoped - 2 weeks left to lose a total of 20 lbs
  • Hallia
    Hallia Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey my name is Justin and Im new to this site so far. Today i enter my first foods and exercises to the website and im liking the interactive process this site provides. I have a question though for maybe an experienced user on this site. Do u earn caloires for your food intake by doing strength training? Obviously if ur sweating while repping out some bench press or something u have to be burning calories, but when i log a bench or curl or something it doesnt credit me any calories towards my daily plan. I only recieve calories off for the cardio.

The site doesn't give you caloric values for strength training because there is no reasonable algorithm for determining how many calories you burned. To calculate it would mean you'd have to input your weight, base HR, your HR while strength training (which varies significantly throughout a workout), how much effort you were actually exerting, the weight(s) you were working with, etc, etc. If you input your strength training into the cardio part it gives you a number, but it may or may not be very accurate for you.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

Hmm. It gave me 400+ calories for a 60 minute weight training session.

Which was cool. Would I have known that at the time, I would have eaten a double cheeseburger whilst i was actually lifting.
  • denysebur
    denysebur Posts: 6
    Options
    Yep I am trying to loose weight for my wedding :-)
  • gchutson
    Options
    Yep I am trying to loose weight for my wedding :-)

I'll help by eating all of your wedding cake. What can I say. I'm a giver.
  • diemodemdie
    Options
    I have a bike race in mid-August that I hope to ride in. Last year, I did 36 miles in that race, and this year I hope to do the longest circuit of 62 miles (approx 100km).

Being lighter definitely helps with the speed and endurance, so I'm trying to cut to drop weight before hardcore training during July.
  • gchutson
    Options
    I have a bike race in mid-August that I hope to ride in. Last year, I did 36 miles in that race, and this year I hope to do the longest circuit of 62 miles (approx 100km).

Being lighter definitely helps with the speed and endurance, so I'm trying to cut to drop weight before hardcore training during July.

That's what she said...