need help flavoring veggies !!!!

Replies

• joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    I season with truffle salt and use truffle oil instead of Olive Oil. Yum
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Tony Chachere's, baby!! Nice creole seasoning, does it everytime!
  • I have a couple of suggestions

Dump Soup. 1 Can of Veg-all Vegetables 1 can of Black Beans 1 Can of Whole kernal corn 1 Can of Diced tomatoes 1 Can 98% Fat Free Minestrone Soup. Pour all the cans in a large pot . Cook until warm and Eat. This is a recipe that I got from weight watchers a long time ago . I thought i would share it with you. For those who like alot of vegetables

Also If you like green beans. Try and put some 98% fat free Bacan Bits in Green beans and they have a new flavor. It is great I had some last night.
  • I do a quick stir fry of whatever veggie combination I'm feeling like having and then add a couple teaspoons of sriracha sauce! SO GOOD!
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    I cook veggies either on grill outside or inside on round grill pan...just a teeny bit of olive oil and salt.

At the end I sprinkle with balsamic vinegar
  • fullofsmiles04
    fullofsmiles04 Posts: 158 Member
    Everyone has already given you the same great ideas that I use as well. Depends on the vegetable, but I like to roast a lot of them in a little olive oil seasoned with a tiny bit of salt and pepper. I also like to add some garlic sometimes, and for the vegetables that I'm not a fan of, I cook them in a skillet with little teriyaki sauce. You could use any flavor that you like though to make them more tolerable for yourself. Be creative, try different seasonings and flavors and you'd be amazed at how many new vegetables your able to add to your diet. :) I know I sure was!
  • i use some i cant believe its not butter spray, some garlic, some low sodium soy sauce for my green beans and its amazing
  • hotjava9
    hotjava9 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm a hot sauce and pepper person...on everything.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Green beans? Add almond slivers, lemon juice, and a hint of butter or olive oil. Italian seasoning is also good to sprinkle on just about any veggies.
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    My favorite way to eat veggies is to roast them. I put lots of cut up veggies on a tray, drizzle with olive oil, add a bit of salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Adding balsamic vinegar is a nice change too!
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    mine too
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    my favorite way to prepare my green beans (and asparagus, my fave) is to saute it up with garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, lemon zest & juice

it's actually what I had for part of my lunch today :D
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 215 Member
    Lots of great ideas...bumping for later.
  • FindMeNot
    FindMeNot Posts: 1
    I use Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend, Salt-Free. The nice thing about salt free is you can put more seasoning on without over salting..
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    I eat alot of veggies but I get tired of them so quickly because I find them boring. I need help to flavor them up so I can actually enjoy them. Preferably string beans but I am open to any kind of veggie....please help !
    I like mine with a bit of light ranch dressing on them. I also put it on potatoes & broccoi sometimes too. Love it on my beans though. I do eat my veggies plain usually, but this spices it up. Mmmm
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    I really like them stir-fried with a bit of olive oil, and garlic, but if I'm making them plain for my kids, I steam them, and then spritz my portion with an olive oil mister, plus salt and cracked black pepper.
  • I made mashed cauliflower last night, pretty much how you make mashed potatoes but I used cooked cauliflower instead and it is really good. I think I even like them more then I like mashed potatoes!
  • jimhowieb
    jimhowieb Posts: 1
    Try chopping some onions and cook them in a little butter in a sauce pan; add some sliced zuchini and a little water, & cook a little more until they start to soften. Cut some tomatoes and add them last since they don't need to cook much. When it's ll hot add some grated cheese and salt to taste. Yumm
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Adding on to the roasted veggie theme. . .

With the olive oil, I use

- Mrs Dash - original or garlic

Or

- McCormick's Vegetable Blend seasoning

Or

- Garlic & onion powder with basil or thyme or rosemary

My daughter has a kid's cookbook that has "carrot fries" that are basically strips of carrots, sprinkled with olive oil and rosemary and then baked/roasted.
  • coastiebride1120
    coastiebride1120 Posts: 51 Member
    I steam all my veggies and add spices mostly Indian spices pick up an Indian cookbook tons of ideas loaded with vegetables