Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• jennifermcshane
    Options
    I want to loose weight and I'm training for a 5k. Doing well but always need more motivation. :smile:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I want to loose weight and I'm training for a 5k. Doing well but always need more motivation. :smile:

From what I gather, there are four primary motivators on this site:

A. Health / Wellness
    B. Gettin' some
    C. Training for a sport or activity
    D. Zombies
  • gchutson
    Options
    ...And one guy was training to get some from a healthy zombie... but we don't count him.
  • gchutson
    Options
    Ha. Zombies.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The eventual plan is to get into personal training, but I'm not training specifically for that. It's more for my long-term health and self-confidence and working as a PT will be my way of paying it forward.

Also, hundreds of employers have been underwhelmed by my academic feats and prior work experience, so it'll help.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Im in training for American Ninja Warrior
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    not only to look good but also for Navy boot camp so i don't die when i get there. i am leaving september 10th, wish me luck!!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Currently training for the marine corp marathon 10k, and the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    LIFE...mother f**ker! ;)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    training for my 2nd physique competition in September, also aspiring to become a fitness model, so life in general.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    LIFE...mother f**ker! ;)

This.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight but ultimately training for half-maratons! My first one is this Sunday!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    That's great! My brother and I are doing "Run for Your Lives" in Portland in August. Can't wait! I gather you are doing the same series, just a different city. Good luck!

The one I'm doing is in Pittsburgh. Good luck to you too!! It looks like so much fun!!

I'll see you there.

Specifically I started all this to pass the city fire fighter test. That's coming up in a month.

My next goal is the Spartan Trifecta.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have nothing but respect for marathoners. Being that I'm built like a tank, marathons aren't really my thing.

If I'm running 28 miles, it's probably because zombies have taken-over, and I'm out of ammo. ;)

lmao. too funny. I have nothing but respect for runners also
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Im in training for American Ninja Warrior

a girlfriend of mine was on the prelim round last year - good luck and have fun!
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Right now I am training for the Warrior Dash in July, then a half marathon in September.
  • gchutson
    Options
    LIFE...mother f**ker! ;)

That made me smile.
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Tough Mudder in Colorado (yesterday), and now I'm training for a sprint distance triathlon, then possibly the Tough Mudder in Missouri after that. If not, then Tough Mudder Colorado in 2013 and an olympic distance triathlon in 2013 as well.
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Started out here to lose weight and track, but have come far enough and close enough to my goal that I am now training for my first half marathon in October.
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Martial arts as well, jujitsu to be specific.