LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• kidsrmybiz
    kidsrmybiz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and do have some issues, but I have not started menopause yet. It gets harder and harder to lose weight and keep it off. Four years ago I joined WW and lost 35 pounds and felt great. I got my confidence back and felt sexy swearing I'd "never go back there"! But here I am with all that weight back on. I went through some pretty scary health issues and found out I was a stress eater. Anyway, I'd love to even lose 20 of those pounds again and KEEP IT OFF.

I'd love to have a support group on here. I am trying to be religious about my food diary and working out. I just started P90X with my two teenage daughters this week. I have done this program once already. What I'd really like is to get back to running.
  • Colleen790
    Colleen790 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi Val
    You can add me if you like. I'm 52 . Trying hard to lose the weight.
  • bevsargent
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Don't have a whole lot of friends on here. Would be nice to have someone my age!
  • Bones093070
    Options
    Hi, I just started using this again after 2 years. I'm 41 hoping for some support. Just had knee arthroscopic surgery and a bit sedentary right now, normally very active but losing hope not being able to do anything. Encouragement and friends would be great. :flowerforyou:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm 43. You can add me :-)
  • mmmyotwnz
    mmmyotwnz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 44(due to be 45 in two weeks) and yes to everything you said and yes to all the comments. It's not coming off quickly and I shouldn't be "this" size with what I do eat.

Feel free to add me.
  • soccermoma19
    soccermoma19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 54 and totally understand where you are. Weight loss is very difficult. Will help to have some support.:smile: .
  • banc97
    banc97 Posts: 2
    Options
    Val and any other 40 Something Ladies,

I too am in the 40's Club at 47 and holding. I'm not in menopause yet, but my weight loss progress is surely slow. The calorie allowance for me is 1410 for 150 lb and I feel starved some days. I have stayed between 150-152 the last week and a half. I have hit a weight loss slump. Feel free to add me as a friend and lets share encourage each other to our goals.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 this year and have noticed a BIG difference these last several years. Indeed, long gone are the days where I could eat almost anything, reduce intake a little bit and the pounds would melt off. However, I put on my skinny jeans yesterday -- the ones I haven't worn for 13 years -- and they fit! How? I've had to stop eating like I used and am working out A LOT -- and doing it in classes, groups, and with a trainer who makes it fun. I never ever thought I'd fit into those skinny jeans again. So -- it can be done, but it's a lot harder, takes a lot longer. But I've decided to wrap my head around this new way of being, embrace it, and take solace in the fact that I'm now healthier than most people my age. And I'm looking pretty good, too!
  • ocliao
    ocliao Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me also! I'm trying to get more support here and so far have one friend (just joined). looking to reach my goal in early 2014
  • mishka0007
    mishka0007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am 41 yo and dealing with many of the struggles mentioned by many of you!
    Would love you to add me - nothing like getting motivation from women who understand...

Cheers!
  • workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you can add me I'll be 46 next week.
  • amygard71
    amygard71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 next month and need to lose about 100 pounds! Could use the support of someone who's in their 40's too!
  • mawmawandlovingit
    mawmawandlovingit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 46 and having the same problems......feel free to add me, and anyone else looking for over 40 friends.
  • zumbeki
    zumbeki Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I'm 51 and have about 100lbs to lose. I joined about 5 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs so far. I am definitely noticing how much harder it is to loose weight at this age. Harder....but not impossible. :smile: :smile: :smile: Please add me, I would love to give and receive support!
  • Joanne_8595
    Joanne_8595 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47, had a hysterectomy last December and am definitely feeling many life changes over the last few years! Would love to be added to this group for support.

Thanks!

Joanne
  • Joanne_8595
    Joanne_8595 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Could we maybe make a group, then we could each join the group? I am pretty new here...
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly experiencing those issues but I am 41! :)
  • dotbell123
    dotbell123 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm 47, 4 years post complete hysterectomy, no hormonal meds (due to family history of breast cancer) AND have an underactive thyroid. Hoping to drop about 15 more lbs., down 6 in a month. :smile:

I'm now exercising 4 times a week and my energy level is getting better. My goal is to get off my latest medicine (for blood pressure) and finally get back into that tote full of 'skinny clothes'. :tongue:
  • elisatd
    elisatd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 47 and in the same boat. It's hard to accept that I was once underweight and could still eat anything I wanted. Now the struggle is great. I have only been on myfitnesspal for 1 week but feel hopeful for the first time in a very long time. Please, please add me to your group!!! This peri-menopause thing is for the birds...between the night sweats, sometimes heavy and sometimes lite periods and the mood swings :sad: , I feel like I don't know which end is up. It's so nice to know there are other women out there who are going through the same thing. So looking forward to being in contact with you all!!! :bigsmile: