Replies

• firedad
    firedad Posts: 59
    Options
    Performing sex acts usually helps.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    No matter how you break it to him...you're fooked.

:laugh: I came on here to say this!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I'm incapable of keeping secrets from my husband. I just have this irrational need for him to know all the good, the bad, and the downright ugly about me. That way, when he continues to love me, I know he loves all of me.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Just tell him, and start a plan to pay it off.. that's not a whole lot, so it won't take long. Just take all your extra money and put it toward it every month. It will be gone in no time and you can move past it.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Cancelling a credit card does not put a black mark on your credit report. Some companies may think it looks funny if you start and cancel a bunch of cards within a year....but it doesn't hurt your credit at all.

How do i know this? I've cancelled cards I don't want to use anymore and check my credit yearly. All's well, and I have great credit.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    can you pay it off by at least half and then break it to him if you still want to? It won't sound so bad then...*shrugs* I don't know
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Send him a text message that says "Honey, I'm sorry I racked up lots of money on a secret credit card. My bad :-( Ill make it up to you! :-) LOL"

The :-( and :-) and LOL will make him forgive you.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    That's not that big of a deal. Usher had a bigger Confession than that.a few years ago.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My husband kept his card a secret from me right until the point that they cancelled the card and started calling the house... it was almost divorce and I love him more than anything. His money is mine, my money is his. We are in this TOGETHER. IT didn't matter that the card was in his name only... Marriage is 50/50. Just my opinion..
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Wait a sec - is this something your SO has (or has had) a hand in paying off (or at least the monthlies)? If not, come up with a plan to pay it and go about your business. While my SO and I keep most of our finances separate, I surely don't give her reports on my spending habits (though she can probably guess from all the Amazon boxes that come to the door) :blushing:

eta - oops, I just saw you refer to him as DH so you very well may combine $..
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    That is not too high, I'd just pay it off and then have a conversation with him about $. I don't know what you spent the $ on, but maybe you need to set up a separate account for buying stuff. Even if it is just for play, everyone should have some play money. The best thing is to be honest with yourself (and your partner) about your habits, see what you can afford to keep doing, and then just go from there with making a plan together. I don't think he needs to know what is in your account once you set it up, that is your business. But if you pool your money then I think he should at least know you have one and that joint money is going into it.

To answer your question, no I don't keep secrets from my SO. We probably don't tell each other every little thing that we do each day but we don't purposefully keep secrets either. With that said, we don't over share either (some things are best left to the imagination). But he knows all the important things my passwords, accounts, etc. I know all of his. If we have a problem we talk about it. We don't lie (even the hard stuff) or keep secrets and we have one of the best relationships I know of (15 years and we are still deeply in love :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that my advice is to figure out how to pay it off yourself without having to 'fess up????
    PATTI!
    You're doing the best thing by owning up to it. The dread you're feeling is the worst part. And while it's no small amount of money it's also not the end of the world. A few months of being dedicated and you'll get it paid off.

What??!!! It's not like he asked about it and she lied. He doesn't even know about it. If she can pay it off, why tell him? Now, if she can't pay it off on her own, she's going to have to tell him. Maybe I only like confessing to priests, Brett. Ever think of that? :wink:

Because what happens when he finds out they she didn't go to him and 'fess up? Because he will. Sorry to be a downer but everything comes out in the end. Things will be even more ugly.

To the OP: good luck hun, i'm sure he'll appreciate your honesty :smile:
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your replies mean alot to me....but yeah I can't keep this secret anymore. I will come to him with a plan in mind. Wish me luck.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my parents. Well my mom has two different bank accounts that my dad isn't on or knows about. Unless he does and doesn't say much. They don't get along to well anyways.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    secrets secrets are no fun,
    secrets secrets hurt someone.
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Send him a text message that says "Honey, I'm sorry I racked up lots of money on a secret credit card. My bad :-( Ill make it up to you! :-) LOL"

The :-( and :-) and LOL will make him forgive you.

^^If only it was that easy! LOL
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    My Husband had secret CC multiple ones over the years.... between that and other things we are now in the process of a divorce. I have realized I cannot trust him as much as he has said he would stop, change, whatever... always came back to the same ol' mess!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Honesty is the best policy! You will feel so elated after it is all done...Good Luck. :smile:
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    thanks for reminding me to pay on my "overdraft protection" line of credit...that only i know about...
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Because what happens when he finds out they she didn't go to him and 'fess up? Because he will. Sorry to be a downer but everything comes out in the end. Things will be even more ugly.
    I was just offering another suggestion. If she could pay it off and then tell him, that would probably have gone over better. I wasn't suggesting she not pay, not tell, and let it ruin their credit. Good grief.