Diet pills??!! ADVICE NEEDED!!!

Options
I need to loose weight fast, but I'm having problems with my metabolism and losing weight is taking for ever and I need to lose atleast 15 pnds by August and 20-25pnd by Sept! Why? Because I get married in Sept & get some pictures taken in August for the wedding and I want to b happy and comfortable. So, I'm considering to add Diet pills to help me out! Anyone out there has had quick and good results from any? I need help?! Advice!

Well im gonna edit this since some ppl took it so personal lol!!! Im just very frustrated! I did go to my drs. she recommndd L-Carnitine for my metabolism GNC sells it and to exercise 6 days a week 60 minutes. As I said b4 I'm very frustarated & nervouse. No need to b mean, I don't need sarcasm o BS from anyone just looking for advice. Anyways, thank u to all that have congratulated me and have send me messages xoxo :)

Replies

• NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with them.. but I've always heard they were bad.

I just wanted to warn you that you probably will get bombarded with a topic like this..
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    No.
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Set mfp up to lose 2 pounds a week and follow the plan....no pills needed and, if you're diligent, you'll meet your goal.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    This one time I had a dream that people used the search button. Then I woke up.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Set mfp up to lose 2 pounds a week and follow the plan....no pills needed and, if you're diligent, you'll meet your goal.

this!
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    Bump
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Just a warning... people will bash anyone who even mention diet pills on this site... this site is full of a bunch of a-holes that think it's their way or the highway. Sorry in advance for all the people who are going to make you feel like crap :/

EDIT: No, I haven't came across any that have worked. Eating less and exercising more is definitely key! There isn't going to be a magic pill that will get you results like a bit of hard work will ;)
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Diet pills can't make a calorie deficit, save your money and go on a high healthy fat high protein and minimal carb diet with one high carb day a week about a month before your wedding. For now, strenuous exercise and some willpower with a diet that you can stick to, you've plenty of time until your wedding :)

Good luck :D
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Not many people here will recommend that you take diet pills. It's a short term solution for a bigger problem. First off, you might want to make your diary public so that people can offer you advice for maximizing your diet. If you are truly doing what you should be doing to lose weight and not seeing results, then perhaps a trip to the doctor is in order.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    ***considering adding butter to my popcorn*****
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    No, I've never had quick or good results with diet pills.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    You know what looks much better than a skinny bride? A healthy one.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR RISK YOUR HEALTH WITH DIET PILLS!

Eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks in sensible portions.
    Indulge cravings sensibly.
    Exercise.
    Drink water.
    Be patient.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Just a warning... people will bash anyone who even mention diet pills on this site... this site is full of a bunch of a-holes that think it's their way or the highway. Sorry in advance to all the people who are going to make you feel like crap :/

have to agree- some people really dont know about certain topics, yet people feel the need to bash them :( A gentle bit of advice would be nice
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Use your money to see a nutritionist and join a gym.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options

POPCORN nom nom
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The only diet pill that really works is the amphetamine Phentermine. It is RX only though so good luck finding a dr to prescribe it. It's similar to legal cocaine. And if you've ever tried the illegal stuff, you know why it works so well :tongue:

Edit: I've also heard that Alli works, but there is a good chance you will poop your pants.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    What is the issue you have with your metabolism? Have you sought medical advice for it? If not, I'd suggest that's the place where you should start.
  • DGHayden
    DGHayden Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Instead of diet pills try adding some vitamins to your daily regimen for energy. either a good multi-vitamin or a vitamin-b supplement can help give you an energy boost and keep you more motivated during the day. i would also set my weekly weight loss goal to 2lbs a week and follow the calorie regimen that mfp gives you.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've taken them , they worked for me.

I kept the weight off because I changed my eating habits and lead a healthier more active lifestyle.

It was under a Dr's supervision and I had quite a bit more weight than 15 - 20 pounds to loose.

Most Dr's won't prescribe them if you don't have a large amount of weight to lose due to the risks associated with them.