A little sad that I can't see any difference w/20lb loss

Options
Twenty pounds down and I can't see ANY difference. I'm a little sad..maybe it's because I am "bigger" than most so it will take more of a loss to "see" a difference. The first is before and the second is after losing 20lbs. How much do you have to lose to really start to see a difference??
Angel

Before:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/aholstein/Me/?action=view&current=476766_335689389824889_1561430862_o.jpg

After:
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/aholstein/Me/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds down and I can't see ANY difference. I'm a little sad..maybe it's because I am "bigger" than most so it will take more of a loss to "see" a difference. The first is before and the second is after losing 20lbs. How much do you have to lose to really start to see a difference??
    Angel

Before:

476766_335689389824889_1561430862_o.jpg

After:
    photo.jpg
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person... and it's hard to tell in the first pic because part of you is obscured. How are your clothes fitting? You should be starting to feel a difference...

I could feel a difference by around 12 lbs, but didn't get comments until about 20 lbs down... keep at it! It will happen...
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My clothes are getting really loose. My husband says he is starting to see a difference(this was said last weekend without me asking) I walked in the room and he was looking at me and said "I'm so proud of you because your really doing it. Your losing and I can tell you've lost weight now your clothes are getting big and I can see a difference physically." i think it was super sweet of him to say but I don't see it.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I was 301 at the beginning, and there was pretty much ZERO physical change in my appearance until I'd lost right around 40 lbs. I lost a pants size right around then too.

When you're bigger, it just takes longer..and that's SO darn frustrating! Other people didn't really notice til around 60 lbs tho..that seemed even worse!

You'll get there, and you're gonna be amazing!
  • yellowpear
    yellowpear Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh no!! You are wrong! I can see the difference in your arms. You have lost some from your arms. & it does look like you have lost some weight around your waist. Why not post a sideways picture too & I am sure a lot of us are going to find more difference then.
    Don't lose hope. Keep doing what you are doing. Why don't you measure yourself so that you can see the inches fall off? 20lbs is a lot of weight to lose & I congratulate you on that. Keep up the good work.. :)
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Start taking measurements! A measuring tape will show you how much you're shrinking, even if you can't see it when you look in a mirror.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm 16lbs down and don't feel as if I look any different - so you're not alone! It really is disheartening as well! In fact, I'd actually lost 18, and stalled on my plan because I was so miffed at not looking any better that I ended up putting 2lbs back on. I think that's turning back around again, but the scale is about the only thing that's being kind to me in respect to my weight loss atm. My waist even seems to have gone UP an inch and a half, which really IS peeving me!

Keep at it, and don't stall because of this like I did, it's a long road we travel, you just gotta keep on going! x
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here is another taken just a few minutes ago..

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/aholstein/Me/611-me.jpg
  • fidgetting
    fidgetting Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    if thats your first 20 pounds sweetie give it a little time for your body to catch up with the scales it will happen and in a couple of weeks your not only feel the difference but see the diference ... i have always heard that for every 12 pounds is a size smaller keep it up and good luck...fidgetting@hotmail.com
  • gretchenmcgee
    Options
    It takes time but keep at it! Don't get discouraged. Here's a trick to help you see (since seeing is believing) your accomplishments. Pick a specific outfit to take pictures in and place in your house or wherever. Do a monthly picture with the same outfit in the same place and you should be able to see a difference. I would even suggest form fitting clothes too. If you don't want to do it every month maybe after ever 10 or 20 Ibs you lose. Also, the others that mentioned it are right… take your measurements! I was stuck at the same weight for a month and I was working really hard in the gym and eating right. What I didn't realize was that I was losing inches.

Best of luck to you!
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    It wasn't until I hit 25, almost 30, that it really became obvious I had lost any weight. Give it time! It all adds up, and one of these days you'll wake up and wonder why your clothes don't fit. I really miss my wardrobe. :sad:
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    You know what helped me the last time I lost big? I took face pictures and compared them every 20 lbs. Although you may not see the 20 lb loss right now, there are parts of your body that are changing and reducing. I always tend to lose in my hands, feet and face first. Also, are you taking measurements? If you see a difference in your measurements, that could help you to not be so frustrated. Congrats on your loss so far!
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I can see a loss in your face, your arms, and your waist a little.
    I know how you feel though - I don't think I look any different, and I'm down 30. I am getting smaller, but a lot of the time, when we don't see any changes in ourselves, it's because we're still of the mindset that we've got ages to go and it's not happening quick enough.

Keep it up though! You can do it! *hugs* Congrats so much on the 20lbs :D
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I started at the same place as you, and I honestly didn't see a difference (clothes still fit basically the same) until about 40lbs down. By 50lbs down people were commenting. Really though, since you lose fat from everywhere, taking 20lbs off a 300+lb person is often not a huge difference. Keep taking photos and measurements, and you'll see a big change soon enough. :)
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! You're doing great. You will be able to tell a difference really soon. It sounds like you have a super sweet hubby. Keep up the good work and you will see the difference, I promise :)
  • jennifer2846
    Options
    I defininately see a difference.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It really does depend. Usually we can't tell ourselves but others can. Like, I can see a difference in yours and I couldn't see a change in myself til recently and I've lost 80 so far lol.
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Twenty pounds lost is a HUGE accomplishment. Please celebrate so we can all be inspired by your accomplishment. I would love to have lost even half of that in the past year. GREAT going!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I can't really see any differences in my body yet either. But that means one thing: Keep going! Do what you're doing, because it's working! Maybe 25, 30, or 35 pounds in, you'll see the difference, and you'll be glad you didn't stop! Pay attention to how your clothes are fitting too, that will be a big indicator. Keep at it, sweetie :flowerforyou:

I posted this before I saw the pictures, but yes, I can see a difference in your arms and your face! You're doing great!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You hve defiantly lost in your upper arms! It's kinda hard to see other places as your dress is lose! Just keep on doing what you are doing, I think it takes time for us to see a difference in ourselves at first. Keep up the good ork, you can do it?