Missing Pasta know of any replacements

Options
shavon007
shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
Missing having pasta.... any recipes for replacements?

Replies

• JFadiman
    JFadiman Posts: 2
    Options
    You might try Explore Asian Organic Black Bean Spaghetti. I haven't tried it yet, but have heard great things about it. For a 1.75oz serving it has 187 cals, 4.5g fat, 16g carbs and 20.5g protein vs 2oz of whole grain barilla which has 200 cals, 1.5g fat, 41g carbs, and 7g protein.

Personally I'll take the little bit more fat for the reduced carbs and HUGE increase in protein. It's made only of black beans and water so it's gluten, dairy and egg free.
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Kelp noodles!

I know...I didn't believe it either, and now I love them.
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    why can't you eat pasta? I just keep it to a small about like 1oz and it seems to work well!

However, spaghetti squash is a good natural replacement and apparently there's some fake noodles called miracle noodle that are supposed to be interesting.
  • jasharp021
    jasharp021 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    maybe the squash pasta noodles? never had them but i've heard good things.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. Tons of online recipes:smile:
  • londongirl2012
    londongirl2012 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    spirallising courgettes or other veg instead of sphaghetti
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    i hear shirataki noodles can be a replacement..?
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I use Quinoa to replace it
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles!!!! <3
    You can get the tofu ones in like macaroni style and stuff like that.

Also spaghetti squash is sooo good. Expensive but tasty!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I agree keep pasta but watch , I mean really watch your portions and choose the whole wheat or multigrain variety, no processed whites, ugh
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I try to use spaghetti squash. Pasta is my biggest weakness. I have no control with it. So using a different type of pasta does not work for me. I would still eat 4 helpings.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat wheat pasta and stick to the serving size? Spaghetti squash is pretty good too.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Is there a specific reason you are not eating pasta because speaking from experience If you miss it... eat it...because eventually you are going to eat it and you are going to binge on it... and you will feel like crap afterward. Unless of course you can NEVER ever eat pasta again in your life because of some medical issue. I just eat it in a smaller portion - I only make 2 portions of pasta at a time one for myself and one for my roommate... that way there is no going back for seconds... its pretty easy really and I only do it once and a while.
  • Frantastic5685
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash is awesome! :)
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Why not just have pasta and plan it into your calories/macros?

I had regular pasta 3-4 times a week the whole time I was working on losing weight. It never seemed to slow me down.
  • jpfrimmer
    jpfrimmer Posts: 134
    Options
    why can't you eat pasta? I just keep it to a small about like 1oz and it seems to work well!

I agree!
    I don't think you need to deprive yourself of something you love. Just keep it in moderation. Weigh your servings so you are sure you are only eating one serving, then mix in fresh veggies and lean meats. Just make sure you choose whole wheat pasta instead of regular, it's much better for you!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I love the brown rice pasta from Trader Joes.
  • gaylelynnmc
    Options
    I miss pasta to...I found some yolkless noodles...having that for supper tonight with turkey meatballs and sodium free tomato sauce its very good!!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love pasta but have had to give it up because I have no self control. I love it....miss it.....but have not given in to it except in a Weight Watcher's Smart One from time to time.....and ONLY because that gives me portion and calorie control. Other than that, there is NO pasta in my house. I know everyone says to just follow portion control, but the thought of ONE ounce of pasta just depresses me. I would rather do without than to face one ounce for dinner. LOL...but, hey, everyone is different.

I love spaghetti squash but not eaten like pasta, so that didn't work for me.
  • chipster8253
    Options
    is the issue the carbs or the processed flour? cause i use whole wheat pasta instead of semolina flour pasta.