Replies

• kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    5 inches, I've always been very petite!
  • LostinFat77
    LostinFat77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'4 wrist 6.5 so it says 134-151lbs. My goal is 150 already. Yay!
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I could not figure out if I had big bones or just generally boned. Now I know, I have a small frame. Hmm, was not aware of that!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!! I looked it up and it is pretty darn accurate....
  • tiffygrl12
    tiffygrl12 Posts: 40
    Options
    Female
    Height: 5"3'
    Wrist: 6.25
    Medium frame ideal weight between 121and 135.
    I agree with it because I as get closer to my goal (135) I feel like it's a pretty high number. Thanks for posting.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Interesting. That put me at small frame (I assumed that) but gave me a really low weight.

Frame Size Small
    Ideal Weight 120 lbs - 133 lbs

So it doesn't work for you? I wonder if body shape might have something to do with it. I can imagine some people look great with a little extra weight in the right areas. I am a banana/rectangle, so while I do have some butt I am pretty uniform all over and don't have mad curves. Well, I guess it goes to show there really is no perfect gauge except maybe our clothes :)

I am a rectangle too but I'm a big meaty rectangle (whereas you are a pencil :) ) - it has me as a medium frame but I am fairly sure I can carry a bit more weight than that.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I find height and weights can be really deceiving. Some of you might also find this interesting. To find your ideal weight based on your frame size (using your wrist measurement) go here: http://health.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Frame-Size-Wrist

I found this calculator to be extremely accurate. I am 5'4" currently 130 my GW 120lbs UGW 115lbs. I have a smallish frame (5.75" wrists ). And while my BMI puts me in a healthy range for my age, height, and weight, the wrist calculator puts me at 114lb-127lbs as my ideal weight and I 100% agree with this. While I don't put a whole lot of stock in scales, when I am healthy and at a good body fat % I definitely fall on the lower end of my BMI spectrum and maybe you do too (or it could go the other way for you). Anyway, this is just another layer for those who are in healthy BMI ranges but still feel they need to lose/gain weight.

Because it does not factor in frame size, the BMI incorrectly classifies me as underweight when I'm a low weight. I'm also several pounds heavier than I used to be in my youth.

Only people who are at Fitness 101 level care about the BMI (although it is frequently accurate). There are better measures.
  • lhill478
    lhill478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a wrist of 6.75" which puts me in the 140-159 range... That puts me exactly where I thought I should be.. right between the 145-155 range
  • hhindsle
    hhindsle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TheBigBoots
    TheBigBoots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Dang. I came back as small frame. There goes that whole, 'I'm tall and big boned' excuses I'd had going my whole life. Also looks like I'm going to need to adjust my goal weight down a bit. Good to know though, thanks for posting!
  • chocobis09
    chocobis09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I feel like mine is accurate it came up with large frame 143-163 and my goal is 160.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    Very interesting! It put my frame size as medium (5.75") and told me my ideal weight was 111- 123. I was aiming for around 100 but now I think I will go with 110.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Cool stuff!
    Mine says I have a large frame, which is accurate, and my ideal weight is between 146lbs and 167lbs.
    Guess I should adjust my goal to be 145lbs as I orginally wanted to be 140lbs.

Works for me. Cool!
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Interesting - my goal weight's bang in the middle of the recommended ideal weights, I didn't think I'd be able to maintain much less than my goal weight and perhaps I was right?

I'm 5'0"
    Wrist circumference = 5.75 inches
    Frame size = medium
    Recommended Ideal Weight = Between 113-126 lb
    Goal Weight = 118 lb

:smile:
  • Runnerchick17
    Options
    Thanks for this post! We have almost the same exact measurements right now. I am 5'4", 130 lbs and have a 5.4 inch wrist. My ideal weight is 114-127. Thank you for this!
  • urasweethart
    urasweethart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ive always tried to explain to ppl that I have Larger frame then most women and most try to tell me that bones are the same size but @ 5'10, 300lbs Im only a size 22. My wrist was at 7.5

my goal weight is 180 which is within 7lbs of the weight on the chart but Im also curvy (hips and bust is about 10-13 inches bigger then my wasit).
    So my hubby keeps saying that 200+ is a good weight for me( 200 im about a size 10-12 for me)

Im going to have to share this with all my girls on facebook thank you again
  • MrNoisy
    MrNoisy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yikes damn my tiny bones!

Male: 5'8"
    Wrist: 6.25in

Says I should be 140 - 148. I'm 150lbs, and don't think I should drop into the 140s.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    bump
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The problem I see with this...I've had to take in my watch band during the course of my weight loss, so my wrist measurement has changed. Would my frame size be changing too?
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Interesting post! Just yesterday I reached my goal weight of 155 lbs and decided to go ahead and try to get to 150 lb. According to the wrist calculator I am Medium, measuring in at 6.5". That puts my goal weight at 136-150 lbs. I guess I was thinking the right thing!!