secret diet drops (HCG)

Options

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I researched the diet before I started it. But I'm glad you're just throwing **** out there like you know me. There's always someone that puts the '*kitten*' in 'assumption.'

If anyone wants any info on my weightloss numbers or my diet while on HCG, or any other info, please message me. No I am not on HCG currently (i'm on maintenance round.) I will begin a new round soon.

Say good bye to even more lean muscle, keep this up and you will have to weigh well under your original goal weight to have the look you want, as you will have so little muscle left you will have a high BF% even at a low weight.
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Telling others NOT to do something because you're unsure of what it does is also poor taste. :-*

Science counts for nothing, clearly.
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    it is physically possible to lose weight that fast with a low calorie diet. you're on my fitness pal, enter in the numbers and it will show you your projected weight within 5 weeks. the ONLY THING the drops do is sustain energy and curb appetite. THAT'S ALL. the low calorie diet is what causes the weightloss, that is up to you. (drops cannot give you willpower and restrict you from eating whatever you want. you, however, can.)

Wait, you're saying these drops give me energy? Like the energy drinks? Wow I guess I can stop buying all those energy drinks to pump me up for my work outs!

(Please, I do not use energy drinks to get to my workout. Sleep+Good food.)

But seriously, you lack a serious understanding of the body. Just keep shooting your metabolism in the foot for the long term. Good luck.
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    A question was posed, I answered it. I have experience with it, so I gave the best answer I could. I didn't tell anyone what to do, and I sure as hell didn't tell anyone what NOT to do. It's free will. It's your body. It worked for me. I will be doing another round. Do what you want. Any other questions anyone has that would like answers from someone who HAS used HCG successfully, just inbox me. Let those who make '*kitten*'umptions because they think EVERY body is the same, do so.
  • BuckeyeLife
    Options
    A question was posed, I answered it. I have experience with it, so I gave the best answer I could. I didn't tell anyone what to do, and I sure as hell didn't tell anyone what NOT to do. It's free will. It's your body. It worked for me. I will be doing another round. Do what you want. Any other questions anyone has that would like answers from someone who HAS used HCG successfully, just inbox me. Let those who make '*kitten*'umptions because they think EVERY body is the same, do so.

Yes, assumptions through science never got anyone anywhere ever before. I don't think anyone here will argue that starving your body won't lose you weight, we argue about the healthy level of loss. Lean body mass is important, you should protect it.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    please consider the old fashioned, free way of hard work and dedication - this helps prepare for a lifestyle change and is safer. Eating that few calories can cause hair loss, weight re-gain and loss of lean muscle mass.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    in before this thing gets locked.

never used them... wouldn't try.
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    I would just find a preggo chick and get it straight from the tap:drinker:

This is hilarious!!! :laugh:
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    oh lord... :ohwell:
  • happinessforevercm
    Options
    I tried it once and felt so sick and weak that I couldnt get out of bed after only 3 days. I did lose 11 pounds though, I just didn't stick with it because of the way it made me feel. My father-in-law did it though and he really enjoyed it.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    But guysssss Dr. Oz said I could do it!

Ugh.

The HCG diet is dangerous and the results never last.

I know you're being sarcastic, but for once, this is actually something Dr Oz didn't recommend. He said there needed to be more studies on it.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get cranky on 1200 cals a day....I think my husband would divorce me on 500 cals a day....hhah!
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Options
    I've never tried it myself and that's because I've seen a friend of mine use it with very mixed and sometimes bad results.

She's a little over 250, I think 260 something. She's about 5'6 and in her mid 30s. She's tried the drops on two separate occassions. Each time she loses about 30 to 40 pounds in the space of one to two months. *However* once she goes to this maitenance phase, the weight starts to pile back on, usually 2 to 4 pounds at a time.

This has happened each time she's used the drops. Also the second round she lost the drops [cuz she had to stop the first time, couldn't afford it or something] the weight came off MUCH slower and she was getting really really frustrated.

I can tell you I'm frustrated with my own weight loss, 56 pounds in like 8 months [I was hoping for faster since I'm so much bigger] but I can tell you right now, that I've maintained my weight loss. No matter what, once my weight comes off its been staying off and I've been doing it the "old school way" - Low calorie diet and exercise 6 days a week.

As much as I want the weight off faster, I'd rather take it [a little ^_~] slower and keep it off, rather than wicked fast only for it to pile right back on.

But to each their own.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I would just find a preggo chick and get it straight from the tap:drinker:

This is hilarious!!! :laugh:

Would save you a ton of $$$ too!
  • jellybeanhed313
    jellybeanhed313 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am on my third round of homeopatic hcg drops. I have lost 55 pounds so far and not experienced any negative side effects. Other than maybe dry skin. I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose. I have helped several friends through the diet and developed a lot of recipes that are hcg approved and full of flavor and nutrition. It is true that the 500 calorie diet is what causes you to lose weight, but the hcg hormone is what perserves your muscle tissue while you put your body into starvation mode. The hormone causes your body to release stored fat, but it will only do so if it thinks you're starving. That is why the diet is so specific to include lots of nutrient dense foods to pack 500 calories with as much nutrition as possible. The diet consists of only lean meats, veggies, and low sugar fruits. Tons of water. Unlimited black coffee or tea. No sugar. Only stevia as a sweetener.
    I started my first round in Dec 2011 at 290 pounds. Currently I'm at 235 and losing. I'm 5'7.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    it is physically possible to lose weight that fast with a low calorie diet. you're on my fitness pal, enter in the numbers and it will show you your projected weight within 5 weeks. the ONLY THING the drops do is sustain energy and curb appetite. THAT'S ALL. the low calorie diet is what causes the weightloss, that is up to you. (drops cannot give you willpower and restrict you from eating whatever you want. you, however, can.)
    It's PHYSICALLY possible to lose weight on VLCD I agree. WHAT is lost in weight value is something that isn't understood by pawners of HCG. Losing lean muscle mass ISN'T the same as losing fat weight. Metabolically this can/will play havoc with how the body processes energy if carried on for a long enough time.
    Please don't advocate that you have actual physiological knowledge just because you read a couple of websites that promote HCG. If you know anything about how the body works, you should know that fat metabolization doesn't work that fast in a few days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rmac18
    rmac18 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    the secret is that it isn't FDA approved because it has been deemed to be dangerous... your body needs a certain amount of calorie intake to function even if you are in a coma - with these drops you don't even come half way to that amount needed...

As someone else said, this should be a lifestyle chance and not a quick fix - research shows that a massive percentage of peeps who do fast diets will gain 150% back what they have lost.

You want life long lasting results? Eat a healthy high nutrient lower calorie (though keep it at least to what your body would need in a coma state) and create yourself an exercise routine which consists of cardio + strength training.

^ What she said!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    It's PHYSICALLY possible to lose weight on VLCD I agree. WHAT is lost in weight value is something that isn't understood by pawners of HCG. Losing lean muscle mass ISN'T the same as losing fat weight. Metabolically this can/will play havoc with how the body processes energy if carried on for a long enough time.
    Please don't advocate that you have actual physiological knowledge just because you read a couple of websites that promote HCG. If you know anything about how the body works, you should know that fat metabolization doesn't work that fast in a few days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^THIS x's 1,000,000,000
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    I personally dont reccomend this diet. I have a friend that does it and she has lost weight but as soon as she stops she gains it all back. Ive tried it for a week and felt like total crap. The drops dont do anything, its like water in a bottle with a tad of alcohol taste, its a huge waste of money and its unhealthy for anyone to live off of 500 cals a day.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
    It's dangerous and there is no substitute for hard work, and a sustainable diet.
This discussion has been closed.