lose 10 pounds by Christmas

Options
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. That is about 7 weeks from now, so if I lost 1.5 pounds each week I could attain this goal. I think it is doable.

Anyone with me? We can post daily our food intake and exercise and support one another for the next 7+ weeks to attain our goals!

Replies

• wreckless
    Options
    Count me in for losing 10 by Christmas it would be a Awesome present to myself:wink:
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I'm almost there!!!
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    I'm with you! Let's do it!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,684 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. That is about 7 weeks from now, so if I lost 1.5 pounds each week I could attain this goal. I think it is doable.

Anyone with me? We can post daily our food intake and exercise and support one another for the next 7+ weeks to attain our goals!
    Looking at your ticker, it looks like we have very similar starting and goal weights. :smile:

I've been losing a teeny bit faster than 1 pound/week, but nowhere near 1.5 pounds, but I'm cool with that. I'm going to keep on keeping on, and if I stay at the same rate, I should be at my goal sometime in January. I won't mind if I get there by Christmas though!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose a bit more then 10 by xmas, but to be realistic 10 would be fab ! :smile:
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    so how are we doing this?.... weekly weigh-in?
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    10 lbs ??? sounds reasonable. let's do it.
  • laur89
    laur89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me! I am with you!
  • rachel512
    rachel512 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Do we want to check in daily with a report on whether we met our daily calorie and exercise goals or just weekly with a weigh in? Maybe we can do both and people can choose what they want to do.

Today I was within my calorie goals (1600 w/ exercise cals) and ran 4 miles (400 cals burned)

Day one down.

My starting weight: 165
    Goal weight for Christmas: 155

How did everyone else do today?
  • Magenta15
    Options
    down 2 -ish today :bigsmile: "ish" cuz i did WI at 210 but then kept fluxing a 1 or 2 upward...mind you am sick, so hopefully doesn't come back by friday lol [I usually do a weekly weighin around friday] dunno if I am down from being sick or what, missed today's workout as well...

so Highest weight ever was 252 then lost about 30lbs last year and gained a couple back, joined MFP in July:

SW: 225
    CW: 208.2 (as of tonight)
    GW:180 (and then reaccess from there)

so i guess xmas goal is to be in ONEderland at 198 or less :smile:
  • Magenta15
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join?

I've been stuck in a downward slide for months, and would love to be 10 lbs less before Christmas.

CW 227 as of yesterday
    would love to be in the 217 range by Christmas.
  • Beccera
    Options
    I'd like to join, too.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have started off this challenge with Beachbody's 2 day fast. I am almost done with my second day and I have been planning my well rounded breakfast since yesterday afternoon!

Hope you are all doing terrific!
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've done well the last 2 days since I've joined this group. Well within my calorie limit but not exercising since I'm back to work after a month hiatus and I'm exhausted !!! It's going to be beautiful weather, sunny and 50's the rest of the week, so my goal is to take a walk every day at lunch before I get too tired.
    Won't be weighing in until Friday. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • joa827
    joa827 Posts: 49
    Options
    Polliesgirl- good job so far, sorry to hear you are sick!

Cynder- Not to late to join! Welcome!

Beccera- Welcome and good luck!

dragonfuly74- I am doing p90x- a beachbody product. I am not aware of their fasts... good thing it is only two days, I am not sure if I would make it one. Are you doing a beachbody program?

Sheilajane- Glad to hear the last two days have gone well! It is easier to stay on track when you have a place to check in. Hope you are able to get out there to exercise since it feels so good! Good luck on the weigh in. I weigh on Tuesdays usually but weighed on Sunday this week. Hoping for 1.5 pound loss by then.

As for me, I have done well the last two days as well. Within my calorie range both days and exercised both days as well! On to day three!

Hope everyone else is doing great!
  • Magenta15
    Options

feeling much better today. was 206 on the scale this morning, but scared to count that as anything, don't wanna check in only to have to put it back up, so will try to wait til friday to log it (altho if i get that number again tomorrow morning i may not be able to contain my excitement that long!!! :laugh: )

didn't do my elliptical after work, but went to zumba...had to take it easy about half way thru, felt a bit woozy...guess im still a lil worn and dehydrated...

good luck! lets do this everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Magenta15
    Options
    How's everyone today?

I am good so far, need to go get groceries tonight my fridge is empty which is bad news when it comes to being healthy cuz i'll start scouring for anything with taste LOL :noway:

but sorta getting bored with food so need to change things up, not sure how yet, guess ill figure it out when i get to the grocery store :ohwell:

I am thinking for tonight picking up a roasted chicken i can pick on for the rest of the week, lots of veggies, some wraps and maybe a nice whole wheat bread and fat free cheeses cuz i been craving grill cheese and tomato soup :smile: when I am not in the mood to make anything big or fancy.

What's your go to healthy meal lately?

Hope everyone is having a fab day! It snowed here yesterday :noway: still in denile about that

PG:flowerforyou: