Who here is from the south?

Options

Replies

• CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Central Florida!!! Home of a certain mouse :)

I would like to point out that while Florida is definitely "southern" US, it doesn't have NEAR the southern culture that LA, AL or MI does. ESPECIALLY where I live!

Not that I'm ragging on Southerners, my boyfriend's from Pineville, Louisiana :)
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Canadian import living in Lafayette, LA. Love it here! No more snow!
  • MzGotItAll25
    MzGotItAll25 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SC all day
  • spoccer
    spoccer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mississippi born and raised ... Okie now ... Go Thunder!!:bigsmile:
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    La here about an hour from Naw'lins
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a GA girl, though I just relocated to Philly. I miss nice people. :-(
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    3fer here
    Started in LA,
    Moved to TX
    Now in FL
  • TrishaGuy
    TrishaGuy Posts: 63
    Options
    I live in NC right now....but I was raised in the panhandle of Florida and will always consider that home. :bigsmile:
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tennessee girl here....
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'm from the south....of California. :wink:
  • sunshine91479
    sunshine91479 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you miss nice people honey you need to come on back home. It's a different kind of nice that the north have. No offense to anyone from the north. Part of my family is from Pontiac, MI. Some really good people. But there is nothing like southern hospitality. I'm originally from GA as well.
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Georgia girl here...north of ATL.
    BTW... Florida is not the south... it broke off from somewhere up north and floated down.
    LOL

LoL hahahahaha
  • gbdarden
    gbdarden Posts: 4
    Options
    Fort Worth, TX
  • Janettecolantonio
    Options
    S.Carolina girl here :smile:
  • thefreebiemom
    thefreebiemom Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Central Florida!!! Home of a certain mouse :)

I would like to point out that while Florida is definitely "southern" US, it doesn't have NEAR the southern culture that LA, AL or MI does. ESPECIALLY where I live!

Not that I'm ragging on Southerners, my boyfriend's from Pineville, Louisiana :)

I grew up on Merritt Island, home of the space shuttle, lol. We lived in Orlando for a couple of years and I went to UCF for awhile. The Orlando metropolitan area is definitely lacking in being "southern". Its more like a foreign country in some areas and full of retirees from up north that don't know how to drive.

Basically, if you run into Florida natives that are from more then 1 generation Florida or other southern state then you get the southern effect. If you run into northern transplants or people who are born of people who transplanted over generations then you don't. Florida is kind of funny like that.

Personally I always considered Texas part of the southwest, or at least half of it anyways. My family on my grandmothers side is from Texas and my family on my grandfathers side is from Florida.
  • Sassafras4
    Sassafras4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Born in Alabama and live in Georgia...definitely a southern girl!
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Georgia born and raised. Lived all over the state, now live just north of Atlanta.
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm in the Southern Hemisphere.
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

Apparently SC has been kicked out as well. Hmmm... and I thought we were so centrally placed "right-smack-dab" in the middle of that Bible Belt! LOL

SOUTHERN by the grace of God!! :)
  • Bigsexy290
    Bigsexy290 Posts: 29
    Options
    Arkansas born and raised!