girls with tattoos

Options

Replies

• andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Have 2, a family of 3 stars on my lower back and a celtic heart on my stomach symbolising strength after going through a tough time and also in honour of my Irish roots. V tempted to get another made up of my kids names in arabic or something like that.

While we're talking tattoos, have to say, men with them...David Beckham, and why oh why is Mark Whalberg getting rid of his :sad:
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I just got my first!

tumblr_m5d2u3l2k21r7vjzfo1_500.png

Love with the infinity symbol......I know its a common one, but it means a lot to me. It reminds me to love myself, but also that no matter what, love never dies. It can change, the person can go away, but that love will always be there. I got it for myself, my son, my fiance and my family.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    @ nakedsun
    thanks for mentioning a Welsh love spoon. I saw your post and was intrigued so good old google helped me!

I'm getting engaged to the most wonderful Welsh lady soon (shhh don't tell her it's a surprise) and you have just given me a great idea for something to build in to my proposal. I don't think I've everheard her mention a Welsh love spoon but I'll try and get one and see if the penny drops!

Nice art by the way :)

My friend is from Wales and has a gorgeous necklace given to her by her husband when they married and it has a love spoon on it...could be a nice gift
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Forearm/ wrist:
    img_0647.jpg?w=300&h=
    This tattoo is a close favourite. I am in love with hummingbirds and butterflies, and this feather containing a hummingbird just was perfect. This was another gift from my boyfriend, and is on my forearm. The one on my wrist, also in this image was the first tattoo my boyfriend bought me on my first birthday spent with him! Anyway, the hummingbird is absolutely tiny, 2 inches max, and being a huge fan of smaller things, this was perfect. The detail is absolutely amazing and the two tattoos have so much meaning. These two were done by different tattooists, the feather being my current tattooist.

Back/Side/Thigh:
    p1230010.jpg?w=300&h=377dscf1713.jpg?w=300&h=411
    Continues down thigh
    *revealing http://bluemorpho1247.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/dscf1706.jpg?w=413&h=878*
    This is my main tattoo that stretches from my right shoulder down to my left thigh. Since turning 18 I have had many bits added, edited etc to finally create this. Although unfinished, this image gives a good, clear idea of how it will end up. The part on the upper right shoulder (vines, hibiscus and emerald swallowtail butterfly) are the newest parts to this tattoo, and the same pattern will be applied to the rest of the tattoo to make it more feminine and cleaner. This will involve all of the older vines being curled further and added too. Each addition was added for occasions or moments in my life that caused a big effect or meant something, for example, the green emerald butterfly was added as a reminder of my 21st birthday spent with Kieron that involved a visit to the butterfly farm.The bottom of this tattoo needs a lot of work, its a little un-organised and messy at the moment, but my current tattooist knows exactly what to do, like making it look like the upper part, in order to make it flow better! A lot of the tattoo needs re-colouring as only the upper half has been completed (until I decide I want more…) and the first designs were too simple and un-realistic, and now im quite fussy!

Shoulder:
    dscf1717.jpg?w=300&h=281
    Although not directly connected to the main tattoo, I associate this one with it. This tattoo is one of my favourite butterfly; the Blue Morpho, also one in reminder of my 21st birthday, but bought as a Christmas present! this is by far my favourite tattoo, and it sits on my front left shoulder so is quite noticeable! This again is done by my current tattooist, and I plan to keep returning to him as he is absolutely fab!

Wrist:
    pc300037.jpg?w=300&h=
    This tattoo was completed in three parts. It began just the top little part, then I added the hummingbird, then the butterfly. This one isn’t a favourite, but I still like it, though would now prefer a butterfly in it’s place! This still isnt bad for one of my first tattoos though, I have seen much worse as a first choice The next three tattoos were done by a poor tattooist, and were done because I wanted something done there and then, again they will be edited and added to, to improve them! These are the two, but there isn’t much I can say about them!

Hip- Ankle- Foot:
    dscf1051.jpg?w=112&h=150dscf1047.jpg?w=115&h=150dscf1045.jpg?w=150&h=113
  • tfancey
    tfancey Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a basic, basic, basic black infinity symbol on my left wrist and a rose on my left inner calf.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    These are all gorgeous! I somehow double posted- sorted now! sorryyyyy
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm not on my home computer so I can't post pics but.....

Right arm: Egyption half sleeve
    Left arm: japanes sleeve with koi, dragon and lotus blossoms
    right hip: INRI
    Left hip: Live free, no regrets with a lotus
    lower back: sacred heart but the heart is a rose
    left calf: "to thine own self be true"
    right forarm: "till death do us part" (my husband has the same one)
    both wrists: nautical star with a swallow (I'm in the Coast Guard, i'm allowed to have sailor tattoos!)
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tatts. One on mt right ankle of a heart with a riboon around it, a flower on each side and my son's name Thomas on the ribbon. I also have a Newfoundland fald in the middle of my lower back with home written above it. I feel I have enough now I wont be getting anymore.
  • bjjackson95
    Options
    my first was porky pig on my left shoulder which was stupid drunken dare at blackpool pleasure beach - not a good idea. that has since been covered up with a caltic knot.

I band of roses round my right arm and above it a butterfly which is another cover up which used to have my ex-husbands name in a love heart (yes I know how cheesey hence why it has now gone)
    right arm has a tribal band
    front right shoulder has a tribal butterfly
    righ back shoulder has a star swirly pattern which runs all down the side of my back to my hip
    base of spine is another type of tribal butterfly
    back of neck has my sons name Jamie and a flower and stem with leaves surrounds it
    lastly I have one on my left foot which is the word "SEXY" but in a tribal pattern which you only really know what it reads if you look long enough.

the next one to be done is my beautifull dobermans names Tashi and Kai with two little paw prints and their date of birth underneath. this is going on the underside of my wrist. just need to find the time to go and get it done.

thats me. I know not everybodys cup of tea but my body art is an expression of me and who I am and if people dont like it then fine thats your oppinion, but what I do hate is when MEN say that tattoos on women are TRAMP STAMPS. just because you have tattoos and happen to be female does not automatically mean that you are a slut !!

sorry rant over
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tattoos total (one is actually two since I added to it)..

1. A memorial for my angel baby (left arm)

61322_1554329171061_8005516_n.jpg

2. Is my "wedding band" it has 3 hearts one for my husband and I an one for our anger baby..

IMG_4317.jpg

3. A Celtic heart/locket over my heart for my hubby and he has the key

IMG_1536.jpg

4. A sugar skull on my back

149230_459468563686_4669105_n.jpg

5. This one was just the roses for my sister/grandmother/ and grandfather that have all passed and then added the fairy latter..

IMG_4319.jpg

6 and 7 are sparrows on the top of my feet..
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    SistersInk.jpg
    TribalButterflyInk.jpg
    TIGERLILLYINK.jpg
    MYPHOENIXINK.jpg
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have 14. Here are some of mine.

My latest (on my left calf) - got it 11 days ago
    spookyinstagram.jpg

My back piece
    sisterhood.jpg

My feet
    l_925c8dd73e51ab44d600529ad8cdeee7.jpg

Left sleeve (done by Hannah Aitchison of LA Ink fame)
    l_3cb2283fe9d1c21511ffec0168b9822d.jpg

Right sleeve
    l_c54ec545bb042ddb81e6d90e9cde884e.jpg
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    4 lizards, top of left arm. This is actually 2 tatts. The smaller centre lizard is my very first tatt, done in memory of my Mum. I had the 3 extra geccos added about 2 years ago.
    city of troy maze, top of right arm
    triskel & leaf band, right wrist
    raven, base of spine
    tree of life, back.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have 2 as of a few days ago, my fiance's name on my left wrist with 3 stars which represent me, him, and our angel baby,
    and Vivere, Amor, Ridete on my foot which means live love laugh in latin. Both tattoos were done using my fiance's ashes mixed with the ink

x

600284_10150904968167605_1178718334_n.jpg

576894_10150904946632605_1743008352_n-2.jpg

I love these, & the meaning behind the tattoos & how they were done, incredible & touching.

Thank you. They've very special to me, and the fact that I had them done with his ashes means he is with me and part of my body forever. I had it on my left wrist as it's the bloodline to your heart. x
  • aaakayofmpls
    Options
    I have tattoes,, they are not just a guy thing,
  • babecon
    babecon Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YAY! I like showing my tattoos :)

My first tattoo: A sketch by Tara McPherson and it symbolizes mother nature (and my entire thoughts on existance) to me. Obviously on my left side from ribs to hip. It's meant to be just an outline.
    403578_b.jpg

My Second tattoo: It's a symbol for St. Michael the arch angel to symbolize good versus evil. Right under wrist.
    216254_1053321907252_3882917_n.jpg

My Third Tattoo: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!! Again, a huge philosophy of mine. And also kind of a play since I kinda believe in the whole circle of life kind of thing.
    403577_b.jpg

My Four Tattoo: Song Lyrics. They're by Kimya Dawson and are pro-peace/anti-war. Love their meaning, Love her, and randomly ran into her while on a backpacking trip in the UK. It's my right forearm.
    403576_t.jpg

My Fifth Tattoo: My Memorial Pocket Watch. I had a series of deaths (five) that were sudden and unexpected within five weeks of eachother. This is to remember that time is fleeting (there's a bird at the end of the chain), to remember my loved ones and is set to 11 11 which is the wishing hour. Right Foot and ankle.
    403573_t.jpg

LAST and Sixth tattoo: A Wocket in My Pocket. It needs to be coloured in at some point. It's a Dr. Sues book and character and it's for my grandfather. He raised me along with my gram on behalf of my parents and it was a great memory of that time. Left Thigh.
    403572_f.jpg

Sorry - so long!! Im waiting on one more tattoo then I'm done. It's a Welsh love spoon going to go on my right hip. I'll get it when I get married as a token of that huge moment in my life and to commemorate my grandmother as well.

Big fan of your pocket Wocket! Hella cute.
  • TinaHumphries
    TinaHumphries Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/162856_1711281231017_1588031_n.jpg

This is my shoulder which is a cover up of a horrible little devil one I got when I was young and tasteless.

Thinking on my next one...........
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    dragon/shoulder
  • chickabee5
    chickabee5 Posts: 90
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos as yet, but I want these ones (if I can work up the courage to get them haha, scared of the pain!) :)

[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/80213167@N05/7368428524/in/photostream/lightbox/[/img] I want this on the back of my right shoulder "love . hope . faith" in greek and "2 5 7 9" in greek (my four fave/lucky numbers) plus the yin yang inside the libra symbol

[/img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/80213167@N05/7183196765/in/photostream/lightbox/[/img] I want this on the inside of my wrist, it's the japanese symbol for "wind"

I hope the pics work haha never posted pics here before ...edit... Grrrr why didn't they show up?? :/
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo. Left ankle.
    sxj3af.jpg

Second tattoo. Right ankle. Got it with my best friend.
    35iud0h.jpg

Third tattoo. Left shoulder. P-Nut is my dog's nickname. She was my Sweet 16 present. :heart:
    or8hf4.jpg

Fourth tattoo. Left wrist. My fiance calls me angel, hence angel wings.
    wc61.jpg

Fifth tattoo. Right foot. With my wedding heels. :wink:
    21ltx04.jpg