Who here is from the south?

Options

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...

You missed NC, SC and VA...LOL
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Bama gal!! Roll Tide! :drinker: :drinker:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    <
    Kentucky Girl, thru and thru (and I have all my teeth too)
  • breakingthecyclept2
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...

Dallas, Texas
  • ktwest2107
    ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

It isn't SEC country, so I don't consider NORTH Carolina to be part of the south ;)

Oh snap...no you didn't.

Well...I don't consider South Florida to be the south b/c they're all a bunch of retired Canadians, but you included them on your list.

I guess I'll just eat my field peas and fatback with my other Tobacco Road friends.

Anyone from Florida knows that they need to split the state in two around the Tallahassee city limit. Everything north of there is Southern, everything below is basically Cuba. haha ;)
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mississippi (x3), Georgia, Texas here!
  • mscrholder
    mscrholder Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Louisiana!!! : )
  • datxdiva
    datxdiva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Carolina girl now living in good ol' Texas.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    For those of you reading this thread that are not from the south, No, I did not marry my cousin and my parents were not related!:wink:

Lol. This gets so tiring, doesn't it? It's like assuming northerners are all rude. Or *kitten*. And surprise, we aren't all dumb either.

My favorite is how the eco/health concious yankees/hippies have crowded the Farmer's Market all up and act like we didn't all grow up with half acre gardens and pickin our own butterbeans and strawberries each summer! The slow food movement isn't new...you just didn't realize all of us Southerners were already getting our veggies from the local farms until 5 years ago!
  • CKAatKOC
    CKAatKOC Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Knoxville, TN GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    For those of you reading this thread that are not from the south, No, I did not marry my cousin and my parents were not related!:wink:

Lol. This gets so tiring, doesn't it? It's like assuming northerners are all rude. Or *kitten*. And surprise, we aren't all dumb either.

My favorite is how the eco/health concious yankees/hippies have crowded the Farmer's Market all up and act like we didn't all grow up with half acre gardens and pickin our own butterbeans and strawberries each summer! The slow food movement isn't new...you just didn't realize all of us Southerners were already getting our veggies from the local farms until 5 years ago!

Hey, I love the Farmer's Markets! :D

But yeah... I hear you. Slow Food movement... haha. Well... it's alive & well in Birmingham, AL and Tuscaloosa. So, it's definitely not just a northern thing. Though I see a good mix of all kinds of people at these kinds of gatherings, so it's all good.
  • shearx
    shearx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm from South Carolina. I talk with a twang, so therefore, I'm in the south.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Coonass living in Tx

(forgot to quote you haha)

My family is cajun too girl!! i thought i'd back you up cuz most people on here wouldn't know what a coonass is :wink:

I am a cajun girl (with part redneck) and that is a common phrase down here. I agree most of the people on here will not know that term.
  • Lizabee84
    Options
    Mississippi...unfortunately

Why's that? There is absolutely nothing wrong with Mississippi!

I am a Louisiana girl and have family in Ms. Nothing wrong with Mississippi
  • Lizabee84
    Options

When we went to Maryland on a business trip right when Swamp People came out "some asked me if we all dress like that and do we all travel place to place by boat" (im from South Louisiana btw) "I told them that to live here you have to own at least one pair of white rubber boot, overalls, and a boat" some people are so ignorant
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    Texas.
  • Snitch1
    Snitch1 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hell, HELL HELLO!!!+++++++++++++++NEW MEXICO is the BOTTOM of the USA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Yeah, we are the state,
    RIGHT NEXT TO TEXAS..
    YES, part of the USA damn it!
    48th state.
    The ORIGINAL "Sunshine State"-we graciously GAVE the name to Florida..
    You are welcome.
    but have the highest rating's in what's really important..

Poverty levels
    illegal aliens
    teenage pregnancy's
    drive by shootings
    Corrupt Politicians
    Gangs,
    Marijuana Smuggling.
    And, they make a heck of a lot of MOVIES here...
    The Land of Enchantment-ya gotta try it sometime-
    you have never seen so many shades of brown-desert-remember?

Stop by, and I'll take you out for a tea or a diet soda, or a large water..
  • bcrawl
    bcrawl Posts: 16
    Options
    GA BABY
  • bcrawl
    bcrawl Posts: 16
    Options
    I am a displaced Yankee (according to my neighbors) living in north GA. Does that count??!

where ... im in north ga too
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    <
    TN!